J / A

Initial I-129F packet, proof of having met in the last two years question. Did I include enough evidence?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I would expect an RFE and be prepared in advance to respond with primary evidence of meeting in person. If you respond immediately, it will likely only delay the case two to three weeks.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I finally did it. After weeks of putting the I-129F packet together, I mailed it off earlier today. I have a few questions now, one of which in regards to showing proof of a relationship.

For this my fiance and I separately typed up, signed and dated a statement of how we met and our relationship up until this point. I also included various photographs dating from April 2008 when we met, photos of her and I with her parents in Germany in July 2008, her and I Christmas date 2008, Thanksgiving Dinner with my mother and grandmother November 2009, her and I in a photo dated July 2010 up until a photo of the moment I was on my knees proposing to her a month and a half ago in November. Instead of having the digital photographs printed at a CVS or a Walgreens, I pasted these photos into a word document and underneath each photo wrote the date, location and information about the photo hoping that they will see a few years of relationship captured in photos through the various hair cuts and hair colors (in her case) from through the past 2 1/2 years. As well, I also included a copy of two tenacy agreements listing both her full name and my full name as joint tenants in a flat dated March 2009 and February 2010. I didn't find it necessary to dig up old recepits and tickets and what not as I thought this proof would be sufficient.

However, I'm a bit of a worrier and would hate for anything to prolong the process. Do you folks with more know how in this matter feel I provided enough evidence or do you think they will request more evidence (ie - me having to dig up old receipts and travel tickets etc)?

Thanks for your time,

- JP

You should be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well I finally did it. After weeks of putting the I-129F packet together, I mailed it off earlier today. I have a few questions now, one of which in regards to showing proof of a relationship.

For this my fiance and I separately typed up, signed and dated a statement of how we met and our relationship up until this point. I also included various photographs dating from April 2008 when we met, photos of her and I with her parents in Germany in July 2008, her and I Christmas date 2008, Thanksgiving Dinner with my mother and grandmother November 2009, her and I in a photo dated July 2010 up until a photo of the moment I was on my knees proposing to her a month and a half ago in November. Instead of having the digital photographs printed at a CVS or a Walgreens, I pasted these photos into a word document and underneath each photo wrote the date, location and information about the photo hoping that they will see a few years of relationship captured in photos through the various hair cuts and hair colors (in her case) from through the past 2 1/2 years. As well, I also included a copy of two tenacy agreements listing both her full name and my full name as joint tenants in a flat dated March 2009 and February 2010. I didn't find it necessary to dig up old recepits and tickets and what not as I thought this proof would be sufficient.

However, I'm a bit of a worrier and would hate for anything to prolong the process. Do you folks with more know how in this matter feel I provided enough evidence or do you think they will request more evidence (ie - me having to dig up old receipts and travel tickets etc)?

Thanks for your time,

- JP

JP I think you will be fine, we did not have to include any boarding passes plane tickets nothing. My now husband did not include pics just letter of intent and yes we got an rfe but you know what all they wanted were photos I sent them 6 and 2 affidavits from people who knew about us and I sent them a wedding invite.This was 3 months in mind you. I received it collected all what they asked for over a weekend sent it back express post on a Tuesday, they received it Wednesday, got an email Thursday to say they had received everything and were processing our case. We were approved within 2 weeks.

You should be ok

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Dig out all of those boarding passes, visas, passport stamps, or whatever you've got. Have them ready in case you get an RFE. The faster you respond to the RFE, the less it will delay your petition approval.

There is no way we can really tell you if it will be sifficient or not because we aren't making the final decision. However, if an RFE does arrive... these items are specifically important for primary evidence. As many of these items you can provide the better. Everything else will be secondary. Good luck.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent tons of photos and boarding passes and passport stamps I never sent any letters of intent or cover letter.....so it is really up to the adjudicator...no need to worry yourself now you have sent the packet so just sit back and chill out for now no need to play the what if game you will drive yourself crazy like that....GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!!! :thumbs:

Edited by patient2010

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds like you sent plenty of evidence, but if you dig up the receipts for plane tickets, boarding passes etc now and have them ready if you do get an RFE - you'll have a little more peace of mind? People have been approved with less and more and yours sounds very solid.

Good luck on your visa journey!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline

You guys are great. Thank you all for the input!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

04/03/2008 - Met by chance while vacationing in Costa Rica. Travel 3 weeks together. We kiss on final night together

06/05/2008 - I visit her in Germany, travel and stay together for 5 weeks. We hit it off big time

11/27/2008 - She moves in with me while I live and work in England on 2 year working VISA

08/03/2010 - 2 year working VISA expires, I move back to the States, sadly leave her behind in England

11/16/2010 - Fly her out to Paris and propose to her in front of Eiffel Tower. She says yes :)

01/03/2011 - I-129F, K-1 Packet sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS registered mail

01/07/2011 - Delivered, January 07, 2011, 6:38 am, DALLAS, TX

01/18/2011 - Packet rejected (incomplete, missing info)

01/19/2011 - Scrap USA plans, decide to live in UK few more years

01/28/2011 - Biometrics Complete & UK Visitor Marriage Visa Fed Ex'd next day delivery w/Priority Service

To come:

03/26/2011 - Our marriage in London

- EEA Family Permit (6 months right to live and work in UK)

- EEA2 Visa (5 years right to live in UK)

??/??/201? - Move back to America to raise family once kids come into the picture

Filed: Other Country: Monaco
Timeline

hey to everyone i am just waiting now my letter from immigration my fiance finish with her all paperwork but its one month now ago i dont get my letter i need

pleas if somone know about how much take that letter and what the need exactly to know in interview thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I only sent 1 photo as proof, no RFEs or any issues but I am from Canada...

I agree with your assessment. It's probably because you're from Canada. Given the relative ease with which Americans and Canadians can travel back and forth, I think they'd be less likely to suspect you'd lie about actually having physically met each other. It takes a lot more effort and money when you have to travel half way around the world, and many people are apparently willing to lie in order to avoid the trouble and expense. In the past couple of years I've seen a few of those people post here on VJ, looking for ways to dodge the requirement by either getting a waiver of the meeting requirement or manufacturing evidence that would convince USCIS.

That said, I think you were lucky to get by with only one photo, and I wouldn't recommend other members with SO's from Canada consider one photo to be enough to meet the requirement. I think it's a safe bet that not everyone is going to be as lucky as you.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I know I'm late to this post, but as I'm preparing to send an I-129F myself I can't help but ask. I don't get the need for receipts, train tickets, plane tickets, etc. I know they show I was in that country, but so does my passport. And none of these things actually prove that I was there to see her/him. Even hotel info only shows I had a 'guest'. And why would I save that stuff anyways!? I mean, it wasn't till I started the file work that i was told it would be helpful. I have dozens of pictures, both from here and there, both families, some with time stamps from the camera. I'd like to think that's enough. My fiancée did send me a few of her airline tickets from when she came here, will a photocopy of them be enough? And to JP & Antje, if you still use this site...why did your file get rejected? Just curious.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.