• ...is half the battle (5)
    • ...only goes so far (3-4)
    • ...matters very little (1-2)
    • ...does not matter at all (0)

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Mew

.... I was actually thinking... Does attraction really matter to you (you being everyone) when FIRST entering into a relationship...

I think my answer still applies. If you enter a relationship, you don't hang around waiting to feel attracted to the person you're entering a relationship with. Like, you can be friends with someone for the longest time and then something changes, attraction sparkles and you enter into a relationship.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mew - There are no real right or wrong answers, views, or prospectives. I have personally never bought the whole, all of a sudden friends become attractive thing then become lovers. It’s suppressed lust that blossomed into a sexual explosion. LOL!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Mew - There are no real right or wrong answers, views, or prospectives. I have personally never bought the whole, all of a sudden friends become attractive thing then become lovers. It’s suppressed lust that blossomed into a sexual explosion. LOL!

:lol: You might be right about that. I have entered into a relationship with someone I didn't find attractive at first and it didn't work out. But then, different people, different situations... it might work for others.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Mew - True very true... Call me superficial, but if there is no attraction, my attention span is gone fairly quickly. Maybe I have an Attraction Attention Disorder (AAD). That could be something the FDA will make up as a disorder so they can corner the market on a new drug.

ALL – If you must have an attraction to your mate, you may suffer from AAD. Talk to your doctor, s/he can help. LOL!!!

Cheers!!!

Edited by Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I can only speak about my own experience, but having met my soulmate on the internet, it was all about personality first. Remember that song of Savage Garden's..."I knew I loved you before I met you"? We fell in love, after chatting for months and countless hours. We had exchanged a few pictures, but our attraction was felt WAY before we saw each other, and as well, before we saw any good pictures. I know myself, being a plus-size woman, I didn't think many men would be interested in me. But my soon to be husband thinks I'm the most beautiful woman in the world. My inner beauty transforms the outter beauty perhaps. I can honestly say that if I saw my love in a restaruant or bar, I would be physically intrigued by him...but would I think upon first sight he was the most gorgeous man I had ever seen? No. He certainly is to me now. But only for the inner beauty, warmth, and love that we share.

Just my opinion...

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Mew

.... I was actually thinking... Does attraction really matter to you (you being everyone) when FIRST entering into a relationship...

I think my answer still applies. If you enter a relationship, you don't hang around waiting to feel attracted to the person you're entering a relationship with. Like, you can be friends with someone for the longest time and then something changes, attraction sparkles and you enter into a relationship.

I know this poll showed up a long time ago, but since it's in polls, I can still respond right? Anyway, I was friends with Rey for four months, and really, really best friends who talked constantly and hung out all the time every day we could. But I was dating other guys that were physically more "my type."

Rey is the first person I ever dated who was not tall, lanky, etc. but he is now the most attractive man I've ever seen! It just had to grow.

When I first saw him, I did not say "wow what a hottie," I said "wow he needs someone to help him get dressed in the morning."

The first night I met him I spent the rest of it getting chatted up by some other guy!

Alex+R - This same quote applies to you as well... LOL! Cheers!!!

Edited by Uling

Timeline

HA. That's what Rey would say too, if you asked him. "You always wanted me, you just had to figure it out."

And I'm thinking "Um noooooo, have you SEEN the clothing you are wearing? There was a LOT to see past."

:lol:

Timeline

HA. That's what Rey would say too, if you asked him. "You always wanted me, you just had to figure it out."

And I'm thinking "Um noooooo, have you SEEN the clothing you are wearing? There was a LOT to see past."

:lol:

Ahem.

That is true.

back to the topic.

I voted ..."must exist in my relationship." I would see that face everyday of my life when I wake up. I want to wake up smiling and let sunshine in. I am blessed I found the man that completes me. We have established a strong foundation of mutual love, respect, understanding, honesty and trust. Our meeting in person generated more sparks of mutual attraction and set the direction we are now heading to. We have 2 years of smooth long distance relationship. We love each other and I am sure we will be happy together. (L)(F)

04/22/06:I-129F -TSC
04/25/06:I-129F -CSC;NOA1(Rcvd Date)
05/01/06:NOA1(Notice Date)
06/23/06:Email fr CSC-IMBRA RFE
06/30/06:IMBRA RFE mail)
07/05/06:I-RFE reply
07/17/06:USCIS rcvd I-RFE reply
08/30/06:NOA2 Approved!
09/05/06:NOA2(mail)
09/26/06:Email fr NVC-to Emb;case #:MNL2006764XXX
10/06/06:VISA APPT:*ANY WORKDAY 0700AM*daughter age-ing out
10/16-17:St. Luke's Medical Ext Clinic
10/18/06:Emb Intrvw APPROVED!
10/25/06:VISAS(K1&K2s)delivered;CFO for stickers
11/08/06:To the U.S.!
11/14/06:WEDDING!
11/22/06:Applied SSN(married name)
11/15/06:INFOPASS appt (for 3):AOS-DORA
11/27/06:Applied AOS w/ 2daughters;got accepted;interviewed same day(D1)
12/09/06:Received by mail 3 NOA1s
12/15/06:SSN print-out picked up
12/18/06:SS card&Biometrics appt notices in mail(D22)
12/26/06:Biometrics at ASC,USCIS Dallas-North(D30)
01/26/07:Email:Notice mailed 1/25 welcoming the new PR(K1&K2-9y/o)(D61)
01/31/07:Welcome letters(mail)(D66)
02/01/07:Card production ordered 1/30(D67)
02/05/07:Email:Approval notice sent 2/04(D71)
02/06/07:GC's in the mail! (D72)
12/11/08:Sent application for removal of conditions (I-751)
12/19/08:Received by mail receipt notice
12/30/08:Received by mail biometrics appointment for Jo and receipt notice for daughter
01/05/09:Received by mail biometrics appointment of daughter
01/13/09:Biometrics appointment of Jo and daughter
06/17/09:Email:Card production ordered
06/30/09:Email:Approval notice sent
07/06/09:Ten-year GC's in the mail!

I can only speak about my own experience, but having met my soulmate on the internet, it was all about personality first. Carla (F)

Hi, Carla. I met my husband online, too, so I find this question difficult to apply to our relationship (though I suppose nobody said it had to). We had been writing and calling every day for months before The Big Day, but we both admitted that a total lack of physical chemistry could realistically be a deal-breaker. The joke is that by the time we finally met, who's to say how much of our instant attraction was about raw physical appeal ... and how much was about our hopes and feelings persuading our senses?

Also, I have known people with not-so-hot looks who were extremely magnetic because of the way they carried themselves or how they moved. That's still physical, but it's influenced by what's inside, so I'm not entirely convinced there's always much of a line between physicality and personality anyway.

Alice

Final Timeline

08-21-2006 ... I-130 sent to Texas

05-15-2007 ... My husband arrives in USA with CR-1

Alice AKA Slithytoves - I really like what you wrote and it's the very reason why I adore VJ forums. To read peoples different perspectives on things. Thanks for the post. Cheers! - Sherif Uling

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i think it is very important, however i feel i am fat and ugly so im not sure how important it was for my hubby lol. but i think my baby is the best lookin man ever :)

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

i think it is very important, however i feel i am fat and ugly so im not sure how important it was for my hubby lol. but i think my baby is the best lookin man ever :)

jessNgeorges - Don't write that! You have some very endearing qualities which is why your hubby adores you. Like most people have selected... Looks are only half the battle. It's the total package that counts when the dust settles. Cheers!!!

Edited by Uling

• 1 year later...

Here's an old poll of mine....