jojototo

urgent: Barcode on I-864 form??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

According to USCIS website, these are the versions of the form that are accepted: 10/08/10; (10/18/07; and 11/01/06 also accepted.) So it looks like you are fine. I'm sure they are not gonna reject your form if it doesn't have the bar code. If it is something that is worrying you too much, just print the newest form.

02/21/99 Hubby entered with F1 student visa D/S

May 2002 He stopped attending school because he couldn't afford it any longer.

03?/2002 USC sibling I-130 petition

02/2009 Met hubby

08/2009 Sibling petition approved but ineligible to adjust status due to overstay

07/10 Married :)

11/22/10 [day 0]- mailed AOS packet!! should be there by noon 11/23/2010

12/3/10 [day 11]- received email/text notification of acceptance from USCIS

12/3/10 hubby surprised me with a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday...no problems :)

12/6/10 [day 14]- received hard copy NOA1 in mail

12/7/10 [day 15]- checks cashed...ouch

12/15/10 [day 23]- rec'd biometrics appt set for Dec. 28th at 10 am! :)

12/28/10 [day 36]- successful biometrics appt

01/27/11 [day 66]- rec'd interview appt set for March 10th at 10 am :)

02/25/11 [day 95]- rec'd EAD

03/10/11 [day 109]- Interview, Green card approved!! :)

Next Step: Removing conditions in 2 years.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, so what happened? did u get an RFE for the i-864 form that has no barcode? the same happened to me, i sent my packet but i noticed the g-325A and i-864 forms don't have barcodes in them. is this normal?

May 24, 2010- non USC arrived on B2

Sept. 2010- USC & non-USC introduced by a friend on FB

Oct. 10, 2010- USC & non-USC met

Oct-Nov 2010- dating, fell in love

Nov. 23, 2010- B2 expired

January 11, 2011- married at Christian Church and living together

March 11, 2011- i-485, i-130 & i-765 filed via USPS(Day 1)

March 14, 2011- Packet received at Chicago Lockbox (Day 3)

March 17, 2011- Email Notifications received from USCIS of their receipt of the packet, and transferring to NBC. (Day 6)

March 17, 2011- Checks cashed by USCIS (Day 6)

March 21, 2011- Received NOA1 (Day 10)

April 4, 2011- Received Biometrics for i-765

April 8, 2011- Plan for Early Walk-In, and inquiry about i-485 biometrics (SUCCESSFUL)

April 22- I-485 Touched, I-130 and I-765 (still initial review status)

April 23- Received Appointment Letter for Green Card Interview set on May 24, 2011 (Wish me Luck!!!)

May 12, 2011- Received EAD Card!!!

May 13, 2011- Will go get SSN

May 19, 2011- Got my SS Card in the Mail :)

May 24, 2011- Interview Date for Green Card (Successful!!! Card Production Ordered)

Waiting for the Green Card!!! :):):)

June 2, 2011- GREEN CARD IS HERE!!!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME and ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!!!

hi, so what happened? did u get an RFE for the i-864 form that has no barcode? the same happened to me, i sent my packet but i noticed the g-325A and i-864 forms don't have barcodes in them. is this normal?

The same happened to me and I believe that this is a browser issue. I used google chrome when I went to the USCIS website. I clicked on the link and the pdf file opened within the browser. After I filed in the information, i saved the form to my laptop.

When i printed it out I didnt notice that there wasnt any barcode until I did the same thing in firefox browser.

I believe all the forms have barcodes and they are necessary in order for the forms to be scanned into files.

Do the form again to be safe. I sent mine out and I am worried that my packet will be rejected.

No point worrying if you dont have to.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just downloaded the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (Expires 03/31/2015) in Google Chrome a few times and there was no Barcode and I tried to download it in IE and it wouldn't even download. all I got was a grey screen. I don't have Firefox on this computer yet.

I'm just wondering about 2 things; if Firefox supports uscis website? and why won't the barcode appear on the forms?

Thank you

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just to let you all know, I was having trouble with the non existent barcode. I switched to my laptop and downloaded the Form I-864 in IE and the Form appeared WITH the barcode. I bought both desktop and laptop at the same time so I think it is the OS on the individual computer that you are using determines weather the Barcode will be downloaded with the form.

For those that only have use of 1 computer, that is probably BAD NEWS. SORRY GUYS.One suggestion, maybe you can go to the Library or an Internet Cafe. I would think they would support those OS.

Good Luck Guys

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ALL MY FORMS ARE READY FOR SUBMISSION WITHOUT BARCODES ESPECIALLY, FORM I864 (DOWN).I JUST GOT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS BARCODE ISSUES NOW, BUT THE SPACE FOR THE CODES ARE THEIR.

I DOWNLOADED THE THE LATEST VERSION OF THE FORMS FROM USCIS ON MY MAC USING GOOGLE CHROME, FILLED AND PRINTED ALL OUT AND IVE NEVER SEEN ANY BARCODE BUT IN THE LIBRARY, WHEN I WANTED TO CORRECT AND REPRINT A PAGE, I SAW BARCODES DOWN IN FORM I864. IF I DOWNLOAD AGAIN INTO MY HARD DRIVE THE CODES ARE NOT SEEN.

MY CO SPONSOR HAS SIGNED,LIKEWISE ME AND MY WIFE.

PLS IF I SUBMIT THE WAY IT IS, ARE MY FORMS GOING TO BE REJECTED?

IM I GOING TO START ALL OVER AGAIN AFTER WAITING FOR 4 MONTHS IN SEARCH OF JOINT SPONSOR?

IM GETTING TIRED.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@MAGICMIND did you submit your forms without barcodes on them? I am getting ready to file ours but the barcode is my problem. It won't print either. I'm using my MAC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I DID NOT. I WENT TO THE NEAREST LIBRARY AND DOWNLOADED THE FILES(WITH BAR-CODES) USING THE SYSTEM IN THE LIBRARY. I FILLED ALL DOCUMENTS AGAIN AND PRINTED EVERYTHING . I LATER SIGNED ALL THE DOCUMENTS AND SUBMITTED.

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For those of you who have Google Chrome and can not see or print out any USCIS document with a bar code here's what worked for me. Google Chrome has it's own PDF reader; on your address bar (the one in the middle if you have a google page) type in plug:ins and enter scroll down to Google Chrome PDF reader and disable it that option should be right under Google Chrome PDF reader . Then if you have adobe reader also on your PC scroll to you find it then enable it and close out the plug:ins page. That should work, If you don't have adobe reader then you should down load it on it's website, I had the same problem no matter what I did I could not get the bar code to show up or print out. I tried Foxit and had no success but Adobe worked. Hope that helps Jim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.