Chris M

Bridal Shower??? English classes???

82 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
I know my wife is shy around Americans and is uncomfortable dealing with lots of English spoken around her. So a party for her was not a good idea. That's why I don't think we can offer much help with your questions. We don't know her nature and adaptive skills. She may be shy or outgoing. You are the sole person who can make some judgments about your fiancee's potential reaction to having a party

This is the truth. I've been to enough foreign family gatherings to know it can be awkward if you don't speak the language that well.

I agree with those that say "have a party" if you want to introduce her to the "neighborhood" Alla wanted no such introduction. She met my family at the Thanksgiving holiday two months after she arrived

Did something similar and it worked quite well.

This was posted in general forums. I kinda glazed over everything once it stopped being about you and started being about everything else.

OT again. The OP could always start a new topic asking what the merits of green beans are and see if it starts WW III. :lol:

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Fortunately, Bridalshowergate 2010 won't even register with you two when you look back on your life together. As long as you don't look in a mirror and say its name 3 times you'll be ok.

Edited by brettdresseur

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This was posted in general forums. I kinda glazed over everything once it stopped being about you and started being about everything else.

OT again. The OP could always start a new topic asking what the merits of green beans are and see if it starts WW III. :lol:

You obviously have not read "Slim's RUB Posting Manual." Slim's manual clearly says, right on page one, that the original topic of a given thread will completely change by page 3, if not sooner. You see, that's the problem with drive-by posts; they usually show up well after the topic has changed several times. If you're going to persist in posting here (<sigh>), you need to buy and read the manual. Only costs $10 American dollars...or 500 thousands Turkish Lira.

And while we're on the subject of green beans...

Edited by visaveteran

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You obviously have not read "Slim's RUB Posting Manual." Slim's manual clearly says, right on page one, that the original topic of a given thread will completely change by page 3, if not sooner. You see, that's the problem with drive-by posts; they usually show up well after the topic has changed several times. If you're going to persist in posting here (<sigh>), you need to buy and read the manual. Only costs $10 American dollars...or 500 thousands Turkish Lira.

Green beans are great! RUB women have great recipes for them! :lol:

They cook them with almonds while wearing high heels. High heeled slippers.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You want to give her a welcome to America party? Your call.

i think most of us did that - and still continue to give our spouses that. B-)

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Exactly. Questions officially answered by the end of page one, guns and pie by page two, officiall OT by page 3. It's in the manual.

The manual's been hacked and is officially available online free of charge now. Google it.

I don't eat vegetables.

My wife loves greenbeans. Whenever we have a family gathering she always tells me "make sure you grab some of this green stuff to take home." I guess it's greenbean casserole but I'm not 100% sure.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary, I couldn't fully agree more with you. That was the best answer on this entire thread.

And for the guys re: American wives:

Just remember, from an AMERICAN WIFE and MOM.... YOU were born! Please respect that. I am sure your mother's would agree.

America and the women were different then, .... But, to each his (or her) own path to happiness.

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.