Benjamin44

Fingerprints Problem Abroad

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Here's a fingerprint service in Haifa:

http://israel-busine...D532528692.aspx

I would have them fill out the form and submit it with a letter of explanation to the RCMP.

Just bumping this in case you missed it. I'd go ahead and try before having to take a trip to another country. You can explain the circumstances and each action you took to follow their protocol in your covering letter. Or perhaps just give that fingerprint service a call and see if they've run into this problem with anyone else. You may hit pay dirt.

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline

Just bumping this in case you missed it. I'd go ahead and try before having to take a trip to another country. You can explain the circumstances and each action you took to follow their protocol in your covering letter. Or perhaps just give that fingerprint service a call and see if they've run into this problem with anyone else. You may hit pay dirt.

That's actually not a bad idea. The only thing I really have to lose is the fact that if it's unacceptable to them- would they have the courtesy to contact me immediately and let me know? Or would I only know in 4 months time if it doesn't come- cause then I'd really be in trouble...

But I will definitely call them and see what they say- and maybe a couple others I think I know about.

Krikit- the link you posted goes to an error page. Could it be a mistake in the link? Or maybe the browser- which one did you use?

Thanks!

Benjamin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Flames,

Thanks for the information! If I can really do it that way, well then yeah that would solve the problem. I would probably need one from Ontario, which is where I'm from in Canada, but they probably have something similar.

However, I'm almost positive that the requirement is for an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check, or the other RCMP document which doesn't require fingerprints. The document you are suggesting seems to be only a local/provincial background check, and not nationwide. The databases they would search would only cover that area. The truth is that would seem to be sufficient, since I have only lived in Ontario. and clearly it was enough for you. It's just- I have a friend who applied here and submitted a provincial-wide check, and they called him back to get a nation-wide one from the RCMP. (He ended up doing it in Canada, as he was going there anyways.) It could be that it doesn't matter that I am not physically in Canada- but rather that I am not applying through the Consulate in Canada. Perhaps since you applied in Canada, the Consulate there accepted the province-wide check, but overseas they need the RCMP one. Does this make sense? Seems tough to swallow that, but they keep telling me here that I need to contact the RCMP, plus that experience with my friend... but I will definitely try to look into it. If it works, and I don't even need to submit fingerprints- that would solve everything.

Any ideas how to check this out, besides calling the Consulate here since they have already answered me on this? Has anybody else submitted this provincial Criminal Background Check instead of an RCMP document for U.S. immigration purposes, and where did you apply?

Thanks Flames and everyone else!

Benjamin

NO--it is canada wide--they search the same system the RCMP does--Canada wide!! I have it right in front of me. On it it has a few check boxes--- Reason required: Visa and immigration box is checked off. And it states that they searched the winnipeg police sysrtem AND the Canada national system---which is what you require. But the hold back may be that since you are out of canada, the USA side of the house requires finger printing. may or may not work! I believe it did work for someone else, but they were in the USA.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.