LoriT

feels like the end before the beginning...

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's been an incredibly hard day for me... like some of you who celebrate Christmas it was one more holiday alone. We filed in October and don't expect to hear anything until April or May at the earliest. I can handle the time. It's the uncertainty I cannot handle.

I am self employed... In 2010 I will have earned $25,000.00 in my business. I also work a part-time job that pays about $14,000.00 a year. I also receive about $15,000.00 a year in child support. All of those incomes are documented and I have proof of income. But again and again I read of circumstances where visa's are denied because of lack of income. Oh... I also have 2 children that are in my custody.

I did not meet my fiance on a "find a spouse" website. It was a random meeting almost 2 years ago on Facebook. Yes, another internet meeting..... go ahead with your comments, I have heard them all. But I love him more than I have ever loved anyone in my life. Neither one of us can bear the thought of living the rest of our lives without eachother.

My question to you is... when our k-1 visa is denied (I just have a gut feeling it will be), how much longer until I can file another one? I will get another job and work 20 hours a day if I have to. I will do whatever it takes to prove that I love him and that I want him with me. That he will not become a "charge" of the country. But a man who is willing to work if just given the chance. I will prove that he is not coming to this country for its "benefits" but because he is willing to give up his life, his job and his family because he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

Consulate.............London

I-129F sent...........10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1........10/27/2010

I-129F NOA2.........04/06/2011 (161 days)

Interview date.........6/27/2011

Interview result.......Approved!!!

Visa rec....................7/11/11

POE .........................8/5/111

Marriage..................9/10/11 (finally <3)

AOS

Sent.................9/29/2011

NOA1...............10/5/2011

Biometrics.......12/7/2011

Transferred to CSC...........12/15/2011

RFE :( ...................3/16/2012

Approved/Card Production.......4/11/2012

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It's been an incredibly hard day for me... like some of you who celebrate Christmas it was one more holiday alone. We filed in October and don't expect to hear anything until April or May at the earliest. I can handle the time. It's the uncertainty I cannot handle.

I am self employed... In 2010 I will have earned $25,000.00 in my business. I also work a part-time job that pays about $14,000.00 a year. I also receive about $15,000.00 a year in child support. All of those incomes are documented and I have proof of income. But again and again I read of circumstances where visa's are denied because of lack of income. Oh... I also have 2 children that are in my custody.

I did not meet my fiance on a "find a spouse" website. It was a random meeting almost 2 years ago on Facebook. Yes, another internet meeting..... go ahead with your comments, I have heard them all. But I love him more than I have ever loved anyone in my life. Neither one of us can bear the thought of living the rest of our lives without eachother.

My question to you is... when our k-1 visa is denied (I just have a gut feeling it will be), how much longer until I can file another one? I will get another job and work 20 hours a day if I have to. I will do whatever it takes to prove that I love him and that I want him with me. That he will not become a "charge" of the country. But a man who is willing to work if just given the chance. I will prove that he is not coming to this country for its "benefits" but because he is willing to give up his life, his job and his family because he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

The financial information you gave indicates you probably qualify as the sponsor. Why not set your worry aside until you file the next tax return in a few weeks. Look at line 22 and if it's enough, relax. You can always add and document the child support. As you go forward, make sure you understand the difference between revenue and income in the context of a "business". "Income" from the business) that counts will be what's left over on schedule C after you deduct all your business expenses from the gross revenue. You'll then add that number to the $14,000 from your job and the sum will be the "total income" to be considered from the tax return. You can then add and document the child support.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Believe me.. I know.. I've been working night and day. I have not had a day off since June of 2009, and will not until Colin gets his AOS and a job. I understand that and I'm more than willing to accept that. It's more than worth it in the end. I've just seen way too many people get denied lately and it frightens me. I apologize for being an overemotional woman, it's a weakness. I'm just terrified of getting to that final interview and having it all gone to waste. Granted.. Colin is from the UK, which is one of the easier consulates. But you never know what someones mood is on that particular day. My apologies.. it's been a really rough day.

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Believe me.. I know.. I've been working night and day. I have not had a day off since June of 2009, and will not until Colin gets his AOS and a job. I understand that and I'm more than willing to accept that. It's more than worth it in the end. I've just seen way too many people get denied lately and it frightens me. I apologize for being an overemotional woman, it's a weakness. I'm just terrified of getting to that final interview and having it all gone to waste. Granted.. Colin is from the UK, which is one of the easier consulates. But you never know what someones mood is on that particular day. My apologies.. it's been a really rough day.

From what i can see you will make approx 39,000.00 this year not including child support.

For your household size that should be more then enough.

2 person $18,212.00

3 person $22,887.00

4 person $27.562.00

5 person $32,237.00

even at a six person household it is $36,912.00.

I wish you luck and am sure he will do just fine and be approved.

try not to worry , although I went through the same thing and worried all the way up to the minute I got through the POE.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Unfortunately... self employment is not your gross income but your income after expenses... most business owners write off as much as possible to pay the least amount of taxes. Your gross income is usually cut by at least 60%, which leaves my income at about $11,000.00. If I take out all the expenses I am allowed. Plus my part time job of $14K a year. Just about $3K under what I need to make.... My ex pays my mortgage in lieu of child support. I have a notarized statement from him stating our agreement plus a statement of the last mortgage payments for the past 2 years. Hopefully that will be enough. But it still frightens me...

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why not secure a co-sponsor so you can put your mind at ease? Even if it ends ip being unnecessary, you have a backup plan.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

Unfortunately, I am an only child with very unsupportive parents. I have asked several friend who are hesitant to risk the financial burden and display of their income. I am on my own in this situation.

AOS

Timeline

Unfortunately... self employment is not your gross income but your income after expenses... most business owners write off as much as possible to pay the least amount of taxes. Your gross income is usually cut by at least 60%, which leaves my income at about $11,000.00. If I take out all the expenses I am allowed. Plus my part time job of $14K a year. Just about $3K under what I need to make.... My ex pays my mortgage in lieu of child support. I have a notarized statement from him stating our agreement plus a statement of the last mortgage payments for the past 2 years. Hopefully that will be enough. But it still frightens me...

You are allowed but not required to take all your "deductions". You may amend any tax return later.

Mortgage in lieu of child support is a problem but you can solve it by changing the agreement and paying your own bills. You have solutions and time to implement them if you'll do it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lori....cold and lonely in Minnesota.....I understand your depression...and probably most on her do as well. It is especially hard to dream of being together for Christmas and fall short. The best we could do was for her and her 6 year old to watch our Christmas morning via Skype....but I am trying to be thankful for that...It doesnt matter where

or how you met....true feelings are the same....and most of us have secretly thought about having our visa rejected.

Chances are everything will be fine....you will get your Noa 2 ...and life will be good..

Filed: Timeline

The financial information you gave indicates you probably qualify as the sponsor. Why not set your worry aside until you file the next tax return in a few weeks. Look at line 22 and if it's enough, relax. You can always add and document the child support. As you go forward, make sure you understand the difference between revenue and income in the context of a "business". "Income" from the business) that counts will be what's left over on schedule C after you deduct all your business expenses from the gross revenue. You'll then add that number to the $14,000 from your job and the sum will be the "total income" to be considered from the tax return. You can then add and document the child support.

Hi there, I would like to ask you at which document is this line 22, many people comment some document about the financial support and I am not sure what you are talking about. I have my interview next month and I want to be sure that everything is ok before it. Thanks a lot, have a merry Xmas

Filed: Timeline

Hi there,

First of all, please, try not to be so negative and try to think positively. I know it is very hard...My interview is next month and now I am under such pressure...Not to mention that now we are not able to be together for the holidays with my fiance and I miss him even much more...It is very difficult time for me right now not knowing what will happen at the interview ,if I will be given a visa...We just want to be together, to live together not like in the previous whole year he to come in my country for awhile or to meet each other somewhere in Europe or to speak on skype. I know how you feel right now and I am with sympathy with you. But try to be more positive, just believe in sth and it will happen...

Well, I dont have anything to say on finances, I believe you have read many good responses about it. However, if you read around on this website you will see OODLES of people who met on the internet. I myself met my husband playing a playstation video game on line. Please dont dispair, and really really NEVER feel ashamed about how you met :)

Good luck with your journey, you will find plenty of support here.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Hi there, I would like to ask you at which document is this line 22, many people comment some document about the financial support and I am not sure what you are talking about. I have my interview next month and I want to be sure that everything is ok before it. Thanks a lot, have a merry Xmas

Line 22 of the 1040 form used to file a tax return.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Line 22 of the 1040 form used to file a tax return.

I file using the 1040EZ. Is there a difference between the total income (line 22, 1040) and the adjusted gross income (line 4, 1040EZ)?

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Timeline

I file using the 1040EZ. Is there a difference between the total income (line 22, 1040) and the adjusted gross income (line 4, 1040EZ)?

Strange question, in that if you use 1040EZ, you don't use 1040 at the same time. If using 1040EZ, then adjusted gross income is the figure you state as income from that year.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.