GLJ1322

I need help I'm new to all of this of course ;)

33 posts in this topic

Hello, could someone help me please, need some advice or infos. about marriage license and getting married in Philippines, my fianceè is only having a 10 days vacation and we really wanted to get everything done, can we manage to finish all the licensing and getting married with a very short period of time? And can I process the license before he comes so it'll be just the solemnization?, I'm from a province but can we also do the licensing in Manila? Thank you in advance and looking forward to all the replies. God bless everyone. :)

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, could someone help me please, need some advice or infos. about marriage license and getting married in Philippines, my fianceè is only having a 10 days vacation and we really wanted to get everything done, can we manage to finish all the licensing and getting married with a very short period of time? And can I process the license before he comes so it'll be just the solemnization?, I'm from a province but can we also do the licensing in Manila? Thank you in advance and looking forward to all the replies. God bless everyone. :)

Ten days is impossible because it takes 10 days the waiting period for the registration of marriage license. First you need to get a cenomar for you and your fiance at the NSO. You can get a cenomar for your fiance even without his presence, Just write his parents name, their wedding place and date and your fiance's dob and birth place. To get a cenomar it takes 7 days. Also he has to go to the embassy to get the Legal Capacity To Marry. The requirements for registration of marriage license are birth certifate, passport of your fiance, NSO cenomar for both, Fiance's Legal Capacity To Marry from US embassy, and seminar for family planning and guidance and counseling it only takes one day. Hi should have a divorced decree if he's divorced.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello, could someone help me please, need some advice or infos. about marriage license and getting married in Philippines, my fianceè is only having a 10 days vacation and we really wanted to get everything done, can we manage to finish all the licensing and getting married with a very short period of time? And can I process the license before he comes so it'll be just the solemnization?, I'm from a province but can we also do the licensing in Manila? Thank you in advance and looking forward to all the replies. God bless everyone.

yes it is possible if you live from quezon city. because, in quezon city,u can apply for the marriage license prior to your fiance's arriavel. heres what u have to do. if you are from quezon city, this is possible. tell your fiancee to download the marriage application form from the website of quezon city. fill his part of the application. and go to the nearest philippine consulate in his area. most consulate have designated state jurisdiction. so he should make sure that where he lives, is within the jurisdiction of the consulate where he is going to send or have the documents authenticated. ,now, after filling it up. he should go to the consulate and have the documents photocopied, atleast copies. ( 4 all in all) once of which will be the consulate;s copy. tell him to bring his passport, drivers license and state ID, they will need atkeast 3 different ID's before the consulate with authenticate the marriage application form. once authenticated, he should send it to you and you should fill your part on the form, and secure your requirements. after which, fo to the city hall, apply for the marriage license, and tell the head of the civil registar that you are applying for marriage license alone, and that your fiance is a foreigner, tell them that he only have 10 days leave from work. you should apply the marriage license to the quezon city hall prior to the arrival of your fiancee, so, the 10 days waiting period is ticking the time u apply for it, but, the civil registar will hold the release of the marriage license, unless the foreinger will present his self to the civil registar and obtain a certifical of legal capacity to marry from his embassy. and present other requirements needed, such as his birth certificate, passport, and requird payment. you will also have to attend a pre marital counselling, only after you have finish the seminar that you can get the license.

heres an example.:

for example, your fiancee will be arriving by January 30,2011.

jan 5, : fiancee downloaded and print the form from the quezon city website and fill it up

jan 6. fiancee went to the nearest consulate where he resides and have it authenticated.

jan7,. fiancee send the docs from usa to philippine (you)

depending on the courier, it will take apprixmately, 3-5 days two almost 10 days before it arrives. so lets say 10 days.

january 17: you receieved the docs, fill your part, and gather your requirements.

jan18,apply for marriage license in quezon city, pay appropriate fees, and book for appoinment on pre marital counselling. ( from this day, the 10 day waiting period is ticking.

jan28. 10 days waiting period is over. but you cannot get the marriage license just yet because you have to get with it your fiancee present and have his docs requirements,

jan30. fiancee arrived in manila. went to US embassy, obtain legal capacity to marry in the morning of jan30. attend pre marital counselling by afternoon.

jan31, u and fiancee went to quezon city hall, with his legal capacity to marry docs, passport, birth certificate ,probably cenomar, .. same day marriage license is release., you can marry as soon as possible,

i prefer if you look for a pastor prior to his arrival who will officate the wedding, because, if its a catholic wedding, geez, its not possile, they have tons of requirements which will takes months of preparation. and if you want a civil wedding, the quezon city hall, will be the one selecting the judge and may take a few days for the raffle.

so all in all, in only 1 days from your fiance's arrival, you got the marriage license, ,!!!!! hope this one helps...

Best to read this link first: http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage.html

You must get the Affidavit in lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage." A U.S. citizen may execute this affidavit at the American Embassy in Manila

Any foreigner who wishes to marry in the Philippines is required by the Philippine Government to obtain from his/her Embassy a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" before filing an application for a marriage license. I married my wife in the PI, It's not hard if you follow the directions.

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

As Robert87 mentioned it is possible in some cities as the marriage license rules can either be more relaxed or more rigid than what is printed on the website. My wife's city would have allowed me to do what Robert did if I would have been able to send in the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage to them. As sjr09 mentioned this can only be done in the Philippines.

I would suggest you check with your local civil register to find out what their requirements for marriage licenses are. You don't want any sudden surprises like my wife's city saying the waiting period is 12 days there not 10 days.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Timeline
I'm from a province but can we also do the licensing in Manila? Thank you in advance and looking forward to all the replies. God bless everyone.

the law of the philippine states, you must apply where you habitually reside,since you are the filipino citz. and he's a foreinger.

Ten days is impossible because it takes 10 days the waiting period for the registration of marriage license. First you need to get a cenomar for you and your fiance at the NSO. You can get a cenomar for your fiance even without his presence, Just write his parents name, their wedding place and date and your fiance's dob and birth place. To get a cenomar it takes 7 days. Also he has to go to the embassy to get the Legal Capacity To Marry. The requirements for registration of marriage license are birth certifate, passport of your fiance, NSO cenomar for both, Fiance's Legal Capacity To Marry from US embassy, and seminar for family planning and guidance and counseling it only takes one day. Hi should have a divorced decree if he's divorced.

Thanks a lot :)

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

NVC:

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/18/11 IV packet sent

USEM:

9/16/11 Visa on hand

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

yes it is possible if you live from quezon city. because, in quezon city,u can apply for the marriage license prior to your fiance's arriavel. heres what u have to do. if you are from quezon city, this is possible. tell your fiancee to download the marriage application form from the website of quezon city. fill his part of the application. and go to the nearest philippine consulate in his area. most consulate have designated state jurisdiction. so he should make sure that where he lives, is within the jurisdiction of the consulate where he is going to send or have the documents authenticated. ,now, after filling it up. he should go to the consulate and have the documents photocopied, atleast copies. ( 4 all in all) once of which will be the consulate;s copy. tell him to bring his passport, drivers license and state ID, they will need atkeast 3 different ID's before the consulate with authenticate the marriage application form. once authenticated, he should send it to you and you should fill your part on the form, and secure your requirements. after which, fo to the city hall, apply for the marriage license, and tell the head of the civil registar that you are applying for marriage license alone, and that your fiance is a foreigner, tell them that he only have 10 days leave from work. you should apply the marriage license to the quezon city hall prior to the arrival of your fiancee, so, the 10 days waiting period is ticking the time u apply for it, but, the civil registar will hold the release of the marriage license, unless the foreinger will present his self to the civil registar and obtain a certifical of legal capacity to marry from his embassy. and present other requirements needed, such as his birth certificate, passport, and requird payment. you will also have to attend a pre marital counselling, only after you have finish the seminar that you can get the license.

heres an example.:

for example, your fiancee will be arriving by January 30,2011.

jan 5, : fiancee downloaded and print the form from the quezon city website and fill it up

jan 6. fiancee went to the nearest consulate where he resides and have it authenticated.

jan7,. fiancee send the docs from usa to philippine (you)

depending on the courier, it will take apprixmately, 3-5 days two almost 10 days before it arrives. so lets say 10 days.

january 17: you receieved the docs, fill your part, and gather your requirements.

jan18,apply for marriage license in quezon city, pay appropriate fees, and book for appoinment on pre marital counselling. ( from this day, the 10 day waiting period is ticking.

jan28. 10 days waiting period is over. but you cannot get the marriage license just yet because you have to get with it your fiancee present and have his docs requirements,

jan30. fiancee arrived in manila. went to US embassy, obtain legal capacity to marry in the morning of jan30. attend pre marital counselling by afternoon.

jan31, u and fiancee went to quezon city hall, with his legal capacity to marry docs, passport, birth certificate ,probably cenomar, .. same day marriage license is release., you can marry as soon as possible,

i prefer if you look for a pastor prior to his arrival who will officate the wedding, because, if its a catholic wedding, geez, its not possile, they have tons of requirements which will takes months of preparation. and if you want a civil wedding, the quezon city hall, will be the one selecting the judge and may take a few days for the raffle.

so all in all, in only 1 days from your fiance's arrival, you got the marriage license, ,!!!!! hope this one helps...

Thank you so much, I'm from another province thou, I already asked from our municipal hall in here and they said it'll take me yeah 10 days, I've been doing all my reading and research so far I know what to do but I'm not just sure about his short period of saty here in Phil.

Do I still need to get a CENOMAR for my fiancee thou he's citizen of U.S.? hmm.. don't they need his Naturalization cert. and the affidavit from US embassy here in Phil? Thank you for your infos. it's well appreciated, oh, it'll be great if I can really apply in quezon I was thinking about that but I'm only from the neighboring province. God bless.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

NVC:

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/18/11 IV packet sent

USEM:

9/16/11 Visa on hand

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

the law of the philippine states, you must apply where you habitually reside,since you are the filipino citz. and he's a foreinger.

Yeah thanks God bless you too, thou I still hope for the better.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

NVC:

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/18/11 IV packet sent

USEM:

9/16/11 Visa on hand

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

Best to read this link first: http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage.html

You must get the Affidavit in lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage." A U.S. citizen may execute this affidavit at the American Embassy in Manila

Any foreigner who wishes to marry in the Philippines is required by the Philippine Government to obtain from his/her Embassy a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" before filing an application for a marriage license. I married my wife in the PI, It's not hard if you follow the directions.

Thank you a lot, God bless.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

NVC:

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/18/11 IV packet sent

USEM:

9/16/11 Visa on hand

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

Timeline

Thank you so much, I'm from another province thou, I already asked from our municipal hall in here and they said it'll take me yeah 10 days, I've been doing all my reading and research so far I know what to do but I'm not just sure about his short period of saty here in Phil.

Do I still need to get a CENOMAR for my fiancee thou he's citizen of U.S.? hmm.. don't they need his Naturalization cert. and the affidavit from US embassy here in Phil? Thank you for your infos. it's well appreciated, oh, it'll be great if I can really apply in quezon I was thinking about that but I'm only from the neighboring province. God bless.

The cenomar for your foreign fiance is actually civil registrar specific, i mean. not all of them requires one, but some does. and yES, EVEN if hes US citizen, he can get a Cenomar. as to your question regarding if you can apply to quezon city. That I do not know. Because, according to the Philippine law, you can only apply for a marriage license to where you or your husband to be habitually resides. and one requirements of queZOn CITY is either both or just one of the parties are resident of quezon city. they will need to ask for a resident certificate from the head of your subdivision, and brgy certificate, Community tax and others to prove that you are a resident of the city.

and, If I may suggest, if you can find a way to apply in quezon cit for your marriage license even if youre not from there, you might face some administrative charges and alot of questioning from the consul

The cenomar for your foreign fiance is actually civil registrar specific, i mean. not all of them requires one, but some does. and yES, EVEN if hes US citizen, he can get a Cenomar. as to your question regarding if you can apply to quezon city. That I do not know. Because, according to the Philippine law, you can only apply for a marriage license to where you or your husband to be habitually resides. and one requirements of queZOn CITY is either both or just one of the parties are resident of quezon city. they will need to ask for a resident certificate from the head of your subdivision, and brgy certificate, Community tax and others to prove that you are a resident of the city.

and, If I may suggest, if you can find a way to apply in quezon cit for your marriage license even if youre not from there, you might face some administrative charges and alot of questioning from the consul

Okay, thank you a lot I don't wanna be questioned or anything we just want every thing in legal. I hope I could get some infos. and advices regarding to my journey too from all of VJ'ers. Hopefully everything goes well for us. God bless.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

NVC:

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/18/11 IV packet sent

USEM:

9/16/11 Visa on hand

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

• 4 months later...

How many days po bago mairelease yung legal capacity to get married?..let's say we will go to US Embassy on May 30 at 1pm, within the same day mairelease rin ba? and how many days u need in setting up an appointment? thanks for the reply...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.