Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Good Morning Ladies (and husbands too)!

It's Christmas Eve today and I'm thinking of the dream I had last night. My Lola (grandmother) passed when I was still a child and I not only resemble her when she was young, but her spirit is really familiar because we seem to be so much alike. I really miss her; I have many of her things and I love the memories. Last night while in prayer, I thanked God for the VJ friends here and asked that each of us "For Christmas have a sign, a message or a blessing in a translation we each can understand." Since many of us are away from our Askim, the holidays can be lonely and cold, instead of warm and beautiful. It doesn't have to be that way. We just need a little heavenly reminder, that we are not ALONE. :innocent:

Last night I had a dream I picked up my Bible as usual and when I unzipped the cover, my Lola's US Citizenship Program and Certificate fell out. When I flipped through the pages in The Book of Matthew (Chistmas Story), a colour picture of her holding her US Certificate for Citizenship and a white cake with an American Flag! Everything so vivid and real, I remember thinking, "Why am I awake again in the middle of the night?"

This morning, in 2010: I woke up, went straight to that particular Bible, and guess what fell out? Yes! Her picture (it was her Passport picture though in black and white lol), and in the back pages was THE US CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM from that day, for Sworn Oathe! OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO FAINT. For me, this was a prayer answered. For me, it meant that from long before, and to this day, non-immigrants do get the grand opportunity to come to the UNITED STATES and get Sworn in! For me, it was a sweet memory of my Lola and her faith in God too. For me, it made me cry with joyous tears.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but when I get a message like this, I see it and believe it as a blessing and a hope [for all of us, not just me and Kadir]. I had to share it today, being that it meant more to me than something we might buy in a mall.

This, is what Christmas is to me... So Merry Christmas and God Bless All of You!

With Love,

Mariye

***The Facts: My Lola was a Missionary in the Philippines working with American GI's during World War II. My Lolo, (grandfather), was an US Army GI. They met, they married, they had kids *(My mom), and they moved to the States via his US Army Orders, so I guess she had to go through the Immigration process too.. **Note** I am unfamiliar with the process of this sort*** Eventually, Lola got her Green Card and hence the reason for the Celebration!! That was back in the late 1950's.

Question of the Day: It's really not a question, but if you have a special blessing or experience that has happened, please share it here? Afterall, it is Christmas Eve!

Mari, Thank you for this Post... it is inspiring and touching to say the least!

I have to mention a dream that I had just last night and mentioned to you earlier today in a PM. I had a dream last night that the Hubby and I were surfing the net together and I then went to my e-mail and I seen a new one that said Immigrant Interview and was set for March 2011... WOW.... we were so excited and thankful to finally hear something. Even though it was just a dream, I am still holding on and having some faith that things will happen for us!

I am Thankful for my family (whom I miss very much!) and I am thankful for Mari and that she started this Forum for us AMERITURKS and their loved ones! I wish everyone a Happy Holiday and yes, we will all be with our loved ones next year at this time and wont that be greatttttttttttt :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: ?

Edited by Luckywife2007

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

WELL.. I REALLY LOSE THE LINE OF THIS TOPIC, BUT I JUST HAVE TO COMMENT HERE THAT TODAY MY MOOD IS NOT A GOOD ONE. IM REALLY PISSY OFF FROM THIS SITUATION TO NEED WAIT THIS "·$%&/()(/&%$· PPL DO THEIR WORK. I DIDNT REGISTER ANY TOUCHED IN THE WEPLIKN FROM USCIS UNTIL MONTH AND HALF. SO, THE ONLY THING I NEED TO DO ITS GO TO TR FEW DAYS FOR SPEND TIME WITH MY HUSBAND UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT WANNA BRING TO US THE APPROVEMENT LIKE ALL OF U TOO.

I AM REALLY WISHING THIS COUNTRY COULD BE LIKE SOUTH AMERICA, WHERE THE PPL HAVENT ANY PROBLEM TO GET MARRIAGE AND CARRY THEIR LOVED ONE BESIDE OF THEM. BUT THIS ITS THIS !"·$&/))(/&%$·" GOVERNMENT THAT DOESNT APPORT ANYTHING TO ME. JUST A PASSPORT OR CITIZEN BCZ I AM WHO IS GIVING TO THEM ALL.

I MOST TO DO A LOT OF THINGS TO FINISH MY BAG, BCZ I AM CARRYING FOOD FROM HERE TO THERE AND LET MY FAM IN LAW ENJOY OUR TROPICAL FOOD FROM PUERTO RICO. HOPE THE SURPRISE TO ME HUBBY BE AMAIZING IN HIS EYES BCZ ITS A BIG EFFORT TO MY FAM AND ME TOO

Hey there, sorry you are having a pissy day today but I totally understand. But, I hope you can turn your focus into packing and getting ready for your trip and enjoying your time with your husband. That is what is important right now, and yes while waiting on USCIS is frustrating and a total pain in the ####, just stay positive and hopefully you will have some information when you get home.

So when do you leave for your trip? You must be so freaking excited! Please have a wonderful time and safe travels!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

WELL.. I REALLY LOSE THE LINE OF THIS TOPIC, BUT I JUST HAVE TO COMMENT HERE THAT TODAY MY MOOD IS NOT A GOOD ONE. IM REALLY PISSY OFF FROM THIS SITUATION TO NEED WAIT THIS "·$%&/()(/&%$· PPL DO THEIR WORK. I DIDNT REGISTER ANY TOUCHED IN THE WEPLIKN FROM USCIS UNTIL MONTH AND HALF. SO, THE ONLY THING I NEED TO DO ITS GO TO TR FEW DAYS FOR SPEND TIME WITH MY HUSBAND UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT WANNA BRING TO US THE APPROVEMENT LIKE ALL OF U TOO.

I AM REALLY WISHING THIS COUNTRY COULD BE LIKE SOUTH AMERICA, WHERE THE PPL HAVENT ANY PROBLEM TO GET MARRIAGE AND CARRY THEIR LOVED ONE BESIDE OF THEM. BUT THIS ITS THIS !"·$&/))(/&%$·" GOVERNMENT THAT DOESNT APPORT ANYTHING TO ME. JUST A PASSPORT OR CITIZEN BCZ I AM WHO IS GIVING TO THEM ALL.

I MOST TO DO A LOT OF THINGS TO FINISH MY BAG, BCZ I AM CARRYING FOOD FROM HERE TO THERE AND LET MY FAM IN LAW ENJOY OUR TROPICAL FOOD FROM PUERTO RICO. HOPE THE SURPRISE TO ME HUBBY BE AMAIZING IN HIS EYES BCZ ITS A BIG EFFORT TO MY FAM AND ME TOO

Hugs Maribel, and I'm very sorry that you're day is a little rough. You have much to be Thankful for though!! Look your dad is doing much better and maybe even out of the hospital and HOME for Christmas! And, you get to see Unal very soon! Did you pack your good .... lol... you know I nearly typed a boo boo there. LOL LOL But hey! Very shortly, you're going to be up in the air and on your way to where many of us wish we were going too. I'm very happy and excited for you!

love,

Mariye

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

There Can Be Miracles..... When you believe. Girls, see the Lyrics to this song and have a look at the pics of the young girls in the video! (That reminds me of all of us).

There Can Be Miracles..... When you believe. Girls, see the Lyrics to this song and have a look at the pics of the young girls in the video! (That reminds me of all of us).

This reminds me of one of My Hubby's (then Fiance) videos that we would watch when we were chatting and waiting for my 1st trip to Turkey... I LOVE these types of Videos...................... :luv:

I will attach the link... keep in mind that You-tube is banned in Turkey and the link may look a little different! shhhhhh

http://www.ktunnel.com/index.php/1010110A/a1bdc8a403642ed9ab39a2c08e3067e93cbaf73b381ac1cc02761cf684d41bcbec41601d1562aa0220355

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

ey girls... my travel is on this 29... But Im feeling wont go by the situation with my dad right now. We dont know when he will return to home from this hospital. Now Im breaking nights here with my dad bcz somedays before the doctor sent the nurses for inject my dad with a medication for make him rest and that caused strong allucinations. So strong, that my dad once stand up fighting and fell down his body over me and i catched him from his belly to can turn him around and with the wall make him go very slow to be sitted over the floor. I have my back, hips and sholders hurted. And the effect of that medications had a duration of 48 hrs. Bcz the mix of that medication with antibiotics for old ppl is dangerous. So... u both could understand me and know why i am not so excited for this trip.

I didnt prepare my bags yet, bcz Im in the hospital. And i most do a lot of things and search lot of things for carry there.

[x] docena pasteles de yuca y pollo (ordenados)

[x] docena pateles de guineo y pollo (ordenados)

[x] docena pasteles de yautía y pollo (ordenados)

[x] 3 botellitas coquito con ron hecho en casa (ordenado)

[x] regalitos de Navidad

[ ] docena de alcapurrías

[ ] 2 botellas de Tequila Rose - strawberry

[ ] 2 pqts de Turrón alicante

[ ] media docena de donas regulares y rellenas de queso y guayaba de Krispy Kreme

[ ] sábila con raíces

[ ] sobrecitos de semillas de hojas de culantro

Whats more i could carry for them?!:help:

Edited by mysteryladypr

Mystery & Ünal

Marriage: July 15, 2010

event.png

I-130:

Sent 10-06-2010

NOA1 10-12-2010

Touched 11-04-2010

Approved: 1-25-2011

105 Days

I-129f (K3)

Sent 10-22-2010

NOA1 10-27-2010

Touched 11-11-2010

89 days

NVC:

Received 02-07-2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Marie,

Merry Christmas to you and Kadir heee.I hope we all will be soon with our soul mates.Merry Christamas to all members.Marie I went by the link but it did not open. :lol: We now hoping to get hear from NVC that they sent our package here to Istanbul.Uhhh my god we are so close to our interview heee. :lol: So excited i am.Write to me i will wait. :D

Timeline

Hi Marie,

Merry Christmas to you and Kadir heee.I hope we all will be soon with our soul mates.Merry Christamas to all members.Marie I went by the link but it did not open. :lol: We now hoping to get hear from NVC that they sent our package here to Istanbul.Uhhh my god we are so close to our interview heee. :lol: So excited i am.Write to me i will wait. :D

Selvi!

Merry Christmas! I'm very excited to hear your progress with interview. It does seem really close it seems. So what's it like in Istanbul this time of year? You staying inside or do you have plans for this weekend?

Hello Mari and everyone!

Wow, where do I start? So many pages I have read since my last post. Hope I don't forget anything.

I know it gets lonely so I would feel like I was right next to my love at night was to listen to Turkish music while I slept and got ready for work: I streamed it here and played it from my computer: http://www.creatonic.com/tronline/i_trworld.htm I personally listened to Radyo D Istanbul and I listened to it while I slept. Then when the DJ came on for the morning show I listened to Turkish being spoken and caught up on some Istanbul gossip. It really made me feel so much better and near to Hamit.

To help me learn Turkish I bought some books and also had the BYKI Turkish online program like someone else mentioned here. Also, to pass the time and help with Turkish once again, I watched some of my favorite Turkish music videos on YouTube and tried to learn all the lyrics then I'd have a drink and sing to myself ha ha ha (I don't really drink, but when it's gets too lonely...lol)Don't laugh! he he

Well, I am writing in this forum because I remember vividly how it felt to be apart. When I get sick of his snoring or something I remember when we were apart and it is all better! Also, today is our 3 year anniversary (Turkish time anyway) of our first online meeting. So we have known each other 3 years! Wow, how time flies.

As for the Ayran...yuck. It is definitely an acquired taste. When i first tried it, I was like ughhhhhh how do you drink it??!! And yes, the Halal market here has AYran that isn't Turkish, but it is the same thing. So tell Kadir that! he he After a while, I actually like the taste of it ....sometimes.

Everyone have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Erika

Edited by ErikaAndHamit
389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Well Mari, I am so mad at you. I'm celebrating Christmas with my family and now I'm crying (I'm not a crier) HAHA. I'm going to go home tonight and re-read this post and have a good cry.

Thank you for thinking of all of us and I will definitely say a prayer tonight for all of us VJ'ers. Don't forget to pm me or email me. I want to talk to you more girlie!

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Well Mari, I am so mad at you. I'm celebrating Christmas with my family and now I'm crying (I'm not a crier) HAHA. I'm going to go home tonight and re-read this post and have a good cry.

Thank you for thinking of all of us and I will definitely say a prayer tonight for all of us VJ'ers. Don't forget to pm me or email me. I want to talk to you more girlie!

OK... lol, why are you mad at me now!? LOL And crying over.....? I have been a mess all last week and now I'm fine. I tried to PM you back and I don't think its getting there to you. I will try that again! Merry Christmas Stinky! LOL where did that come from? lol.... omgosh I have lost my mind today. Luv ya!

Timeline

HAHA, I really miss Bulut. Oh I got your pm :D. It started to hit me hard when everyone kept asking me if Bulut was here and I had to say no. Then I took a few pics in front of the Christmas tree to send to him and ughhhhhhhhhhh. I dont' like it. I swear we need to get together in Turkiye this summer. How about a trip to Izmir when all of this is over. No, I think all of us should meet somewhere in the states after all of our spouses are approved. I think the first meeting should be in Chicago. Ok, I'm rambling, but I think it would be so much fun to finally see, hear, touch, etc. the ppl (and the spouses) that have started to morph into extended families during this whole process.

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

HAHA, I really miss Bulut. Oh I got your pm :D. It started to hit me hard when everyone kept asking me if Bulut was here and I had to say no. Then I took a few pics in front of the Christmas tree to send to him and ughhhhhhhhhhh. I dont' like it. I swear we need to get together in Turkiye this summer. How about a trip to Izmir when all of this is over. No, I think all of us should meet somewhere in the states after all of our spouses are approved. I think the first meeting should be in Chicago. Ok, I'm rambling, but I think it would be so much fun to finally see, hear, touch, etc. the ppl (and the spouses) that have started to morph into extended families during this whole process.

Merry Christmas Late!!!!!!!! well, Im a little more in calm after all thi sweek too. My Christmas day was in the hospital with my parents and sure my husband by cam. Im getting sick too for being there so long time carying my dad. In 3 days i will flight and i didnt finished my bag also. The best friends of my husband are preparing all there for the surprise to him and i am praying have voice to can sing to him how i planned.

I am just requested for this Christmas that a miracle comes to all of us, who will are crossing this sadness by be apart of oyr loved partners; bcz we need it!!!

Now i most continue cleaning the front of my house bcz at night i have care my dad all the night in the hospital. See u later girls!!!

GOD BLESS ALL OF U!!!! :star:

Mystery & Ünal

Marriage: July 15, 2010

event.png

I-130:

Sent 10-06-2010

NOA1 10-12-2010

Touched 11-04-2010

105 Days

I-129f (K3)

Sent 10-22-2010

NOA1 10-27-2010

Touched 11-11-2010

89 days

NVC:

Received 02-07-2011

Timeline

Merry Christmas Late!!!!!!!! well, Im a little more in calm after all thi sweek too. My Christmas day was in the hospital with my parents and sure my husband by cam. Im getting sick too for being there so long time carying my dad. In 3 days i will flight and i didnt finished my bag also. The best friends of my husband are preparing all there for the surprise to him and i am praying have voice to can sing to him how i planned.

I am just requested for this Christmas that a miracle comes to all of us, who will are crossing this sadness by be apart of oyr loved partners; bcz we need it!!!

Now i most continue cleaning the front of my house bcz at night i have care my dad all the night in the hospital. See u later girls!!!

GOD BLESS ALL OF U!!!! :star:

Timeline

I am enjoying this a lot, im new on these pages . My sweet heart and i have a big day coming Jan 5th in Anakara. Its interview day. we pray she will take the visa. Reaching out to all of you to pray for us. she is traveling alone that day . Its a long trip and i know stees filled day for her.

I have went to Turkey a lot over the past year. Traveled and enjoyed it a lot with me sweet heart. I will say much of the food is great and fresh.

sweet tooth should be my nickname. I love sutlach yummmmi. Anyway, i am also learning Turkish and will check out the links you posted here.

will keep reading these pages and hope i can tell everyone some good news Jan 5th.

happy New Year to everyone.

Cok tesskur Ederim,

C

(L)Welcome! Come "have a sit down" and share some of your favourite things you love about Turkey! All are welcome here. With love, Mari

(L)

Speaking of.... :P Linguistics! Try wrapping your tongue around the Turkish Native Language. It's a blast!

For my USC friends, who are just learning to speak Turkish like me, I am including these links.

Audio Learners: For me, if I hear it and can sing it (out of tune even!), I can learn it faster. Kinda like a nursery rhyme! http://www.bestfm.com.tr/Best20.aspx Hear the canli yayin (live broadcast or listen to the archives)

Visual Learners: For those who require the visual effects: Try this: http://www.byki.com/fls/FLS.html

And for interactive practice there is:

http://www.turkishcl...nounciation.php

Turkish Food? What's your favourite?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.