Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

AMERITURK FAMILY:

PLEASE NOTE. CA (Oregon & Wash State) Coastlines are having a Tsunami warning post Japanese Tsunami today.

SF Ocean Beach has already closed down the Highway 1 and evac centers already set up (in case?).

I cannot get a hold of Kadir at all: I don't know if its no signal, or no fone and he's on his way back to Adana! I sure hope he's OK. Where is he!!!!

I called his parents home and I'm not so sure they understood me, or could relate to what a Tsunami is. I told them to turn on the news. But God knows, Turkish tele may not even broadcast anything about this at all. But my point to them was I couldn't reach their son. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

If something happens to me, you all better tell him I tried to reach him and I love him. And if nothing happens to me and he's OK? I will spank him endlessly with my left shoe when I see him! :bonk:

BARIS: CALL YOUR WIFE if you haven't already this morning.

Signing off,

Mari (I'm not under water as of yet...)

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi mari i was watching news all the day..yes i called my wife i told her how much i love her... and mari there is nothing to scare just believe nothing will happen...if we all believe and pray it wont happen..just for 15 munites i saw my wife on webcam today.i miss her a lot now i am waiting for usembassy to update their website...i will be there with my wife

baris

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

mari u be carefull i just talked with my wife .she is ok ..she is working at Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles ... and mari if anything happen you somewhere realy high ok do not stay in car.ever evr and ever... dont worry nothing will happen..i am happy for kadir to come adana ...so i might see hi m soon

Timeline

your wellcome ..i am realy happy for u.. . i hope u get your visa soon.. dont worry nvc will be realy fast .. . i believe that.try to send send them ds3032 just email.them tell your husband we did not send any of ds3032...just talk to nvc it will be fast.. .

Thank you Melbar,actually my husband is the one waiting for his visa.I am US citizen,I have dual citizenship(Turkish-American)and I live in America.I will call NVC next week and find out if they received my case and go from there.Thank you again!

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Timeline

mari u be carefull i just talked with my wife .she is ok ..she is working at Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles ... and mari if anything happen you somewhere realy high ok do not stay in car.ever evr and ever... dont worry nothing will happen..i am happy for kadir to come adana ...so i might see hi m soon

Thanks Baris,

Status is clear now in SF regarding the Tsunami. We only had tossled boats which overturned and some sank. Mostly, ours was marina damages in the harbours (Santa Cruz, Cresent City got damages, and Pacifica, it was fine). The state above us, Oregon also had damages. But today, our coastal highways are open now. We had small surges with the exception of 8 ft waves in Cresent City -- they got it worst I believe.

I was bit ticked with the media folks for focussing on the "boat damages in the bay area".... when the whole of Japan is at risk! HOW RIDICULOUSLY SELFISH of Californians! So marterialistic to be worried about their "precious boats" when Japanese friends were missing, died or still living at risk with the nuclear reactors not cooling down. That is where the focus should have been... c'mon Cali is 5000 miles away from the epicenter of the quake that started the whole tsunami.

Then worse? The surfers had to be bubbled headed and go surf those tsunami swells, albeit the dangers involved of undertow! OMG can you get more stupid than that? I used to surf -- I have my long board, typical beach kid I guess. (Baris do you know what a surfer is?) Google "SURFING" and see online.

OK that's the update for San Francisco. I'm glad your wife is good but I don't think she had too much to worry about since she's more landlocked than those closer to the beaches. I didn't hear too much anyways from Southern Cal, (that's where your wife is & I am in Northern Cal --- "Nor Cal" for short.

Kadir .... the prodigal son.... lol.

Mari

OK

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

hello my valentine day gift for my wife

Baris!

Those pics are private. Keep those for you two only. LOL Geeze, it was sweet of you but you keep that to yourselves. And stop taking pics of you two on the bed!? :bonk: Don't you two go outside? LOL LOL :rofl: LOL

Timeline

hello evrybody why no one is here...time has changed in the ca..now its 9 hours difference from turkey..

Nobody is here because we in Ca. are SLEEPING IN zzzzzzzzzzzz.... I can't get used to this time change for some reason. How's it going Baris? Everything good?

Yenge Mariye

Timeline

hi yenge i am ok .its realy bad to wait like this... yenge i was thinking what job can i do over there...what do u think what can i do there?

Your azz don't do nothing till you can legally work in this country. So, brush up on your English & perfect it because you really need it if you want to be hired even as a janitor (unless you're from South of the Boarder... which they mainly speak Espanol). :lol: But even my friends from Mexico learn to speak well eventually; I'm not sure how their writing is.

What kind of work do you do in Adana, or in Turkey now? If you have completed University, bring your Diploma or Certificates and copy of all 'unofficial' transcripts (means they are not sealed). You'll need to request Sealed Documentation of Transcripts so that if you apply to another University here, they have your sealed records. DO NOT OPEN THEM EVER & DELIVER DIRECTLY TO UNIVERSITY OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS.

Create a CV. or a Resume. You can find templates online. Please make sure your grammar and spelling is correct. You can review Craigslist.com (pick the area where your wife lives currently) and look at the type of jobs they are offering. You'll need to study the demographics and what kind of service hours, benefits and pay scale they're using. Just so you know, it is very competitive here and our college graduates, some with Master's Degrees and excellent English skills have trouble finding work. This is due to our economy situation; I won't be surprised if that unemployment rate increases further due to the situation in Japan because of exports that come into our Pacific harbours.

Have you done anything to study the job market while you're sitting there waiting for AP to finish? Don't you think that would be a wise thing since you could be here soon?

C'mon Baris... get with the program! THINK!!!!

Yenge Mariye

And why do you call me Yenge when YOUR WIFE IS OLDER THAN ME! lol lol lol

Timeline

I actually love that name "yenge mariye" because the little neices and nephews in Kadir's family call me this; also his grown up family too... I guess I'm not yabanci anymore. Well, they tell me I'm not. lol

Is Adana's weather cold or nice now? I WANT TO COME BACK but not when it is scalding HOT like last time. I am really missing my fam there too too much! I think I speak with them more than Kadir does!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.