Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Interview was not a good experience..... they made us wait to be the last ones out of 31 Immigrant Visa interviews, PLUS more than 25 Tourist Visa interviews, that started at 8 am and by the time they got to us it was 11:40 am and the CO was more interested in telling us that his lunch time was in 20 minutes and so we needed to be quick only to tell us that our US based marriage HAS to be registered in Turkey before we can even think about being granted a VISA for one and for another, he put us in AP and said that it could be anywhere from weeks to months and "we would just have to wait it out". Needless to say, we were livid and stymied and Fatih (bless his heart) was very angry as they could not even tell us why, only that he wasn't going to argue as that is the way it has to be (referring to the Marriage situation) and that we could check the website often and then follow the instructions on the green sheet. ALL and I mean ALL Iranians received the BLUE SLIPS and I was able to decipher that the green are for the TURKS and the blue for Iranians. Another thing that made us upset, the CO admitted that when he opened our file as we stepped up to the window was the first time that he actually looked at it. Needless to say, I am not happy and will take this a step further. It is not right that we weren't afforded more than the "allotted" 15-20 minutes so we could discuss our case and Heaven forbid if we had any questions..... MORE than once we were told by the CO, "like I said, it is almost lunchtime and we need to get this done!" I cannot even say how I am feeling, and especially cannot say what I want to here on VJ.

I am so sorry Kelly,I know exactly how you feel!I am sick of it,7 months for me and got a letter saying that, I have to wait 60 days for my RFE respond from them.This process ruined my nerves and health..my husband doesn't even want to talk to me about it.I am sick!

Me~

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi kelly and everbody i am realy sorry for u..its all the same kelly it is ok ..dont feel bad they might be hungry...all they think its just eat eat .they like ankara foods. but i am sure they dont know where to eat...adana is the best also bodrum is good...kelly it is normal process dont worry..i am sure it is going to be ok... i am sorry i could not write last night..weather is realy bad in adana ...i got sick..and there no electricity since last day thats why i slept early.now i am awake its 6 oclock...kelly i am realy sorry for u.i feel like i am crying...because it all the same why they do that? and also did they give your husband passport or they just keep it

dont worry ok

Melek&Baris

hi kelly and everbody i am realy sorry for u..its all the same kelly it is ok ..dont feel bad they might be hungry...all they think its just eat eat .they like ankara foods. but i am sure they dont know where to eat...adana is the best also bodrum is good...kelly it is normal process dont worry..i am sure it is going to be ok... i am sorry i could not write last night..weather is realy bad in adana ...i got sick..and there no electricity since last day thats why i slept early.now i am awake its 6 oclock...kelly i am realy sorry for u.i feel like i am crying...because it all the same why they do that? and also did they give your husband passport or they just keep it

dont worry ok

Melek&Baris

melbar,

Thank you for your kind words.... and yes I am sad and cry as well.... They gave his passport back and I am not sure why they do this. I am sorry that this is a short message and hope that you get well soon!

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

ceyhunnihal,

Thank you for your kind thoughts! I am just drained and tired.... we worked so hard for this and lived for that day! All my plans and happy thoughts are GONE!!! I am tired of waiting and waiting and what you said about health is so right!

I see why now People have nervous breakdowns.

Take care.

Me~

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Oh Kelly... I'm sorry hun. That doesn't seem like they were fair to you at all. The last 15 mins and rushed because fatso had to eat? C'mon! If the marriage had to be registered in Turkey (for DCF), why doesn't the Embassy place that in their instructions in the first place! If that had been the case, and you two are meticulous about paperwork btw, then that CO wouldn't have a thing to say. Absolutely it is frustrating I am sure.

Hugs sister, it's going to be OK.:luv:

Love you two!

Mari

Mari,

Hope all is well with you and your sweetheart! Thank you for your kind reply.... I guess I don't know what else to say, am in shock and I had 1 nerve, yes 1 and they stepped on it that day at the Embassy..... I am frazzled, I really thought that all was ok and we would be ready to go, well I guess I learned my lesson!

Me~

Timeline

dont worry ok

Melek&Baris

Baris (& Melek too): Hey what is going on in Adana weather wise? I spoke to my mom inlaw (to be) yesterday and she didn't mention bad weather which makes me worry cuz Baba gets really sick when the weather bad. And Adana has GREAT food lol.

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Mari,

Hope all is well with you and your sweetheart! Thank you for your kind reply.... I guess I don't know what else to say, am in shock and I had 1 nerve, yes 1 and they stepped on it that day at the Embassy..... I am frazzled, I really thought that all was ok and we would be ready to go, well I guess I learned my lesson!

Me~

Girl, to be honest I am restless over all the AmeriTurks at the moment. Nihal has not rec'd her NOA2 after 7+ mos and a HUGE USCIS error with their paperwork.

Of course then Baris & Melek's interview, and now you two. My heart is just crying for you all. :crying:

Kelly, I tried to ring you and Fatih yesterday but can't say I blame you if you didn't want to talk; I probably wouldn't either. Please know I'm constantly praying over all of us (even those from other portals), because as Nihal said, this thing can wear you out physically.

On a personal note: I had such a migraine yesterday and most likely its cuz I am close to worried sick from K still working abroad and the signal at a close (none for 2 days going on 3). I cannot even begin to imagine what is 'really' goin on with his work there; I doubt he'll tell me either. He thinks I 'worry too much".... duh, really K? lol. You get the picture...

I feel like we, THE AMERITURKS, need to hang in here TOGETHER and be tough and cry it out together if we have to. And let's help each other consistently when necessary.

This is only a little hiccup... we're all going to VEGAS when this is over!

Love,

Mari

Timeline

FINALLY...APPROVED!!! Exactly 7 months today :dance::dance::dance:

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

NVC

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Baris (& Melek too): Hey what is going on in Adana weather wise? I spoke to my mom inlaw (to be) yesterday and she didn't mention bad weather which makes me worry cuz Baba gets really sick when the weather bad. And Adana has GREAT food lol.

hi mari weather is fine today..but i a still sick...i hope everything is ok for everybody...

Timeline

congra..

Thank you,I woke up my husband and gave him the good news.

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

NVC

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

Timeline

your wellcome ..i am realy happy for u.. . i hope u get your visa soon.. dont worry nvc will be realy fast .. . i believe that.try to send send them ds3032 just email.them tell your husband we did not send any of ds3032...just talk to nvc it will be fast.. .

ceyhunihal,

Congrats Girl.... FINALLY! You are almost there! :thumbs:

Timeline

hi kelly just be patience eveything is going to be ok.. . and also kelly yenge check the website u might see your case number there..every friday ankara usembassy website is Updating.. .just check dont give up. .it is normal process as they said ... u can not c all them friday saturday and sunday..other days u can call them 16:00 to 17:00 u can talk to them ..and also deperment of state u can call them to. . . .if u wants to call usa the cheap way is if you are using turkcell pu 10 lira credi go to message put '1saat' send it to '7074' they give 60 munites to talk for one mont

http://turkey.usembassy.gov/immigrant_security.html this is website you can see update if u see 2010833...its mine ok i hope urs be fast

\

http://turkish.turkey.usembassy.gov/islem_gocmen_vize.html this is turkish one u check here also

Melek&Baris

Timeline

Thank God! That's the BEST NEWS

we've had on here for the past 2 weeks!

CONGRATULATIONS NIHAL & CEHUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you both,

Mari & Kadir

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.