Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thought I'd share this good news to my co-december filers ...

On May 6, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Thank you God and good luck to those who are waiting NOA2 patience,patience :)

God Bless . . .

Mike and Cathy!!

congratulations_comment_24.jpg

With love,

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

YAYAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

By the way guys,

I know that this might have been a fluke, but a pretty good one!

Yesterday morning, I had my fiancée CALL uscis, just to check if we were approved and they said that they haven't processed us yet. Which I accepted since we were not at our 5 month mark yet.. But then last night we got approved... fluke or did that call help?

for you people still waiting on your NoA 2's maybe it's worth a shot just to call in a friendly matter, specially if you are not at your 5 month mark yet

Worth a shot?? ;)

Hey Guys... we just got our NOA2 email :) So I guess we can be pink now on the timeline?! :content::dance: :dance:

Thought I'd share this good news to my co-december filers ...

On May 6, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Thank you God and good luck to those who are waiting NOA2 patience,patience :)

God Bless . . .

Congratulations all around! :)

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Today,

I got the email from Ankara Embassy and it said here is the link to dowload the documents for K1 (even if I already did them). But it also said that there will be no 'further package sent'?????

Did they mean to me? Or to Him? (Maybe they meant that to me...)

Shawn? You just went through this, was that addressed to the Petitioner?

Thanks,

Mari

Here's the email:

Dear Petitioner ;

Greetings from US Embassy, Ankara,

This is in regards to the K1 visa petition you filed on behalf of KADIR Beneficary. We would like to inform you that your approved petition has reached our office. Please click on: http://turkey.usembassy.gov/visa_forms.html to download the Instructions for K1/K2 visas". A separate paper instruction packet will not be sent.

Once the necessary documentation and forms are received by our office we will set up a final interview date for your fiancé.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy, Ankara, Turkey

I've been busy with work and have neglected to get on here.

Sonoko or I did not get anything like that, no electronic communication from the embassy. She actually got a packet in the mail with all the instructions.

Then she had to go pay the fee and after that schedule her appointment. It is weird that they are not going to send a hard copy, what it someone was filing who did not have any electronic communications?!?

Although with that info, it should be good enough to start gathering everything available! An e-mail or call couldn't hurt either just to verify!

I still find it amazing how each embassy seems to conduct business differently. The forms are usually standard, but some require extra of this or that, send e-copies or hard copies and so on! Guess once it gets past USCIS, things get unstandardized.

I'm curious to see where this goes for you!!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

By the way guys,

I know that this might have been a fluke, but a pretty good one!

Yesterday morning, I had my fiancée CALL uscis, just to check if we were approved and they said that they haven't processed us yet. Which I accepted since we were not at our 5 month mark yet.. But then last night we got approved... fluke or did that call help?

for you people still waiting on your NoA 2's maybe it's worth a shot just to call in a friendly matter, specially if you are not at your 5 month mark yet

Worth a shot?? ;)

Yep! We called a couple days before the 5 month mark. Hubby was so calm. If I were to call, you'd here the impatience in my voice. He was polite. Next day, NOA2. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share to you all that we just received an email from USCIS that a notice of approval to our petition was mailed yesterday, May 6!

We're both excited and happy and relieved, the wait for the USCIS approval is finally over! Now on to the next step! weeeh!

John and Theresa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow... Vermont is almost at 50% of December.

WHERE IS MINE?! LOL. Kidding... (kind of).

Mari-- that is NOT a hat, it's a fascinator. :P :P :P And... I never realized just how uterine it looks! Wow. UGLY.

Haha. In all seriousness... CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ON NOA2s!!! :)

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share to you all that we just received an email from USCIS that a notice of approval to our petition was mailed yesterday, May 6!

We're both excited and happy and relieved, the wait for the USCIS approval is finally over! Now on to the next step! weeeh!

John and Theresa

congrats03.gif

Mari :star:

Timeline

Wow... Vermont is almost at 50% of December.

WHERE IS MINE?! LOL. Kidding... (kind of).

Mari-- that is NOT a hat, it's a fascinator. :P :P :P And... I never realized just how uterine it looks! Wow. UGLY.

Haha. In all seriousness... CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ON NOA2s!!! :)

I'm just happy VSC is moving and cruisin' the way they are! When it was at a stand still it was awful, but now they seem to be ahead of CSC.

OK what is the difference between a hat and a fascinator? Truly that one was the ugliest one at the entire wedding. I thought the Beckhams looked sharp.

So how's it going with you?

Love ya,

Mari

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Guys,

question

should i sign DS-230 part 1 or should i leave it blank until i come over to the embassy and then sign it ?

what did the others do ? did you sign DS-230 part 1 before u sent it off to the embassy ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

(Double post, sorry, posted out of this thread by mistake)

I´m happy to announce that we received our NOA2 on May 5!!!

The funny thing is that I (the beneficiary) got to tell my fiance (the petitioner) since they didn´t email or text him!!!

Hope that the hard copy arrives on monday...

We´re very happy and pretty much satisfied with the timing considering the VSC delays.

Thanks to God for this "sign", since time and distance was making it very hard to us, and our relatioship.

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Time from NOA1 to NOA2: 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Yllen: CONGRATULATIONS! Felicidades! :)

@Mari: Life is ... interesting. I'm in Marrakesh right now (and there was a terrorist attack here last week at one of my favorite cafes... I walked by it today... it's... intense). Slowly applying for jobs in the US, you know how it goes. :) How're you?

46% of VSC December filers according to igor's list. WOW... any day any day any day. :):D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.