Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG! SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL! Congrats to all the NOA2s! This. Is. Crazy!!!

(especially because I have friends who are CSC filers from November who don't have theirs yet!)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Mari, you deserve your red velvet cake! :) Will you do that for your wedding cake too?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

OMG DECEMBERITE FAMILY!!!!!

I was about to get in the shower, I missed K's call cuz I did not hear it ring. I figure, I'd call him back if signal permits... no big deal. A text comes through saying they made a decision. OK now I'm nervous & praying [in shower] please do not be a RFE I can't take anymore LORD! Please.. it's Holy Week! LOL LOL... me yanno...:lol: . I made myself calm down and when I finally checked the uscis site, then it said they mailed our Approval on April 13, 2011. I checked my email and then I got this:

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC#########

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 13, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I can't get a hold of K! omg omg omg now I am going to puke I'm so nervous to tell him

... lol .... :dance: :dance: He can finally come home to Adana! Yeah!!!!!

Mari

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Mari and Kadir!!!! :energy:

neko

as1cJQvwEa20810MDAwMHw1ODRsanxXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

We received our NOA-2 today by text, email and hard copy. 122 days! Yippie!

Congrats Mari and Kadir! The rest will follow soon.

Lena and Igor

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Approved too!! On the second day of our vacation together here in England, too!

Congrats to all other approvees, and hope the rest of you follow suit soon!

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG DECEMBERITE FAMILY!!!!!

I was about to get in the shower, I missed K's call cuz I did not hear it ring. I figure, I'd call him back if signal permits... no big deal. A text comes through saying they made a decision. OK now I'm nervous & praying [in shower] please do not be a RFE I can't take anymore LORD! Please.. it's Holy Week! LOL LOL... me yanno...:lol: . I made myself calm down and when I finally checked the uscis site, then it said they mailed our Approval on April 13, 2011. I checked my email and then I got this:

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC#########

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 13, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I can't get a hold of K! omg omg omg now I am going to puke I'm so nervous to tell him

... lol .... :dance: :dance: He can finally come home to Adana! Yeah!!!!!

Mari

Awwwww! Congratulations Tita Mari.. :dance:

We received our NOA-2 today by text, email and hard copy. 122 days! Yippie!

Congrats Mari and Kadir! The rest will follow soon.

Lena and Igor

congratulations!!!!!!

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dipu and I have been “arguing” for weeks over this recipe stuff. He doesn’t understand why anyone would use a recipe…a cook should just cook. And if he were going to turn in a recipe, it would be for cheeseburgers because that’s what he loves. Sooooo, I’m turning in two of my favorite Indian dishes and my Dipu’s favorite too :D

Chicken Tikka Masala

Ingredients

Marinade:

1 cup plain yogurt, whisked until smooth

3 tablespoons Ginger-Garlic Paste, recipe follows (or 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger and 3 cloves garlic put through a garlic press or finely minced)

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, poked with a fork, and cut into large bite-sized chunks

Sauce:

2 teaspoons olive oil

3 tablespoons butter

1/3 cup Ginger-Garlic Paste, recipe follows (or 6 cloves garlic and 2-inch thumb ginger minced)

2 serrano peppers, minced (seeds removed if you don't want it spicy)

2 tablespoons tomato paste

1 teaspoon garam masala

2 teaspoons paprika

8 Roma tomatoes, diced

1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

1 to 2 cups water

Oil, for grilling

1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves (optional)

1/2 cup heavy cream

Minced fresh cilantro, for garnish

Cooked rice, naan, or crusty piece of bread, for serving

Directions

For the marinade: In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator up to overnight.

For the sauce: When you're ready to make the curry, place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. When the butter has melted, add the Ginger-Garlic Paste and serrano peppers. Saute until lightly browned around the edges. Add the tomato paste and cook until the tomato has darkened in color, about 3 minutes. Add the garam masala and the paprika and saute for about 1 minute to draw out their flavors.

Add the tomatoes, salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. You may need more water depending on how much liquid the tomatoes give off.

Meanwhile, fire up your grill. When it is nice and hot, lightly brush it with oil. Place the chicken on the grill, shaking off some of the excess marinade. Cook until it's charred, about 2 minutes on each side. (Don't worry that the chicken will still be a little uncooked, it finishes cooking in the sauce).

Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor, or use an immersion blender, and process until smooth. Pour back into the skillet and bring back up to a boil. Add the chicken and fenugreek leaves, if using. Take the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the cream and stir through. Garnish with minced fresh cilantro, and serve over rice, with naan, or a crusty piece of bread!

Ginger-Garlic Paste:

1/2 cup cloves garlic, whole

1/2 cup fresh ginger, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices

1/4 cup canola oil

Throw the garlic, ginger, and canola oil in a mini-food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste. There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall, it should resemble a paste.

Save what you don't use in a small glass jar. It should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks. It's a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy etc.

Butter Chicken (Indian Chicken in Tomato Cream Sauce)

Ingredients

Spice Blend:

1 tablespoon garam masala seasoning

1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon cayenne

Sauce:

3 tablespoons butter

1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)

2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic

1 tablespoon tomato paste

1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice

1 skinless rotisserie chicken, boned out and pulled into 1 1/2 by 1/2-inch chunks

1 (10-ounce) box frozen peas, placed in a colander and run under hot water to thaw

1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Hot basmati rice, for serving

Naan bread (you can get at Trader Joe’s)

Directions

To make the spice blend: Stir the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.

To make the sauce: Melt the butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the pieces just begin to turn gold, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomato paste and spice blend, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning. The spices will be fragrant. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and stir will. Add the chicken pieces, spoon the sauce over the top and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat to low and cook, uncovered, until the chicken is warmed through and the sauce is flavorful, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Remove the chicken to a serving dish and cover to keep warm.

Shake any excess water from the peas. Add the peas and cream to the sauce in the pan, stir well and heat through. Do not boil. Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Serve with rice and warmed naan bread.

Variation: If you prefer shreds of chicken to whole pieces, remove the skin from the chicken and pull the meat into large chunks by hand. Add to the pan along with the garlic, tomato paste and spiceblend. Cook for 3 minutes and then add the tomato sauce and continue with the recipe. Serve over basmati rice or with naan.

Cajun Burgers – Cajun to celebrate my hometown and burgers for my Dipu!

This burger recipe is filled with delicious flavor. Not only do the patties have a Cajun flare, but there is also a mild spiced barbecue sauce to accompany it.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: Makes 4 1/4-pound burgers

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef

1/4 cup barbecue sauce

1 egg

3 green onions, chopped

3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs

1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning

1 tablespoon prepared mustard

1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

4 slices Cheddar cheese

Preparation:

Preheat grill for high heat. Mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, green onions, mustard, and 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning in large bowl. Form mixture into 4 patties. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning into barbecue sauce. Lightly oil grill and cook patties for 5 minute per side, or to desired doneness. At the end of cooking, place cheese on patties and serve over burgers topped with seasoned barbecue sauce.

Haha. I feel your pain on the recipe thing. Ola and I have the same discussion. He cant believe I'll be cooking from a book :rolleyes:

Awwwww! Congratulations Tita Mari.. :dance:

congratulations!!!!!!

WOW! Im so happy for everyone that is getting approved. Its like the Drive Time commercials...approved, approved approved! Congrats to you all :D

K-1 process

1. December 19, 2010: Mailed I-129F

2. December 23, 2010: I-129F delivered

3. December 28, 2010: NOA1

4. December 29, 2010: Received email and text message from USCIS stating application was received

5. January 6, 2011: Received hard copy NOA1

6. May 2, 2011: Received email and text message for NOA2

7. May 6, 2011: Received hard copy NOA2

8. May 9, 2011: NVC received approved 129-F

9. May 10, 2011: NVC mailed to Nigeria

10. May 25, 2011: Received packet 3 and interview date of August 10th

11. August 10, 2011: Interview; VISA APPROVED!!!

12. August 29, 2011: POE Houston, TX

13. September 3, 2011: Wedding day

AOS process

1. October 18, 2011: Mailed AOS

2. October 28, 2011: AOS delivered

3. November 1, 2011: Received email and text message from USCIS stating AOS received

4. November 5, 2011: Received I-797C

5. November 22, 2011: Biometrics appointment

6. November 25, 2011: Received letter that case was transferred to California

7. February 21, 2012: Received email of RFE

8. February 25, 2012: Received RFE for completed I-693 (curse the incompetent physician)

9. March 1, 2012: Mailed RFE response

10. March 15, 2012: Green card in production email

11. March 17, 2012: Green card mailed

12. March 21, 2012: Green card in hand!

Removal of conditions

1. December 18, 2013: Mailed I-751

2. January 21, 2014: Biometrics appointment

3. June 1. 2014: Received RFE

4. July 3, 2014: Mailed RFE response

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K-1 NOA2 received today. I was On my way home from work this morning when I received a text and email saying my case status had changed. The email said we were approved on April 13, 2011. I checked the website and sure enuogh is said approved. Then in the mail I received the NOA 2

I sent in our package on Nov 30, 2011 and had a NOA 1 date of Dec 6, 2010. The NOA 2 has a validity period 4/13/2011 to 8/12/2011. What does this mean exactly? Does it mean she has to be interviewed by 8/13/2011? Or actually enter the use by 8/13/2011.

K-1 Packet mailed Nov 30, 2010 -------- NOA2 received in the mail April 18, 2011 ----------139 days

NOA1 date Dec 6, 2010 ---------NOA2 date April 13, 2011--------128 days.

Congrats!!! :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Yayayayay!!! Congratulations everybody!!!!!!!!!!! woooooohoooooo! :goofy:

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Wow!! I lost count of how many NOA2s today!!

CONGRATS TO ALL, now get ready for the paperwork, and remember to look on the Embassy website for your fiancée's country and somewhere in there under the non-immigrant section should be a checklist, pdf instructions, etc... for what he/she will need for the interview. Also, scan and e-mail a copy of the NOA2 and NVC notice when you get them so they can get a head start on the police certs, medicals, and all that!! Never too soon to start as you will see on the NOA2 that it expires after a certain time. But you still have plenty of time so don't worry!!

Mari: I'm especially happy to see your NOA2 come through, as the most active user in our group!! And have you heard of the Starbucks little red velvet cake diet?? Maybe someone should take up that challenge and see how it works!! LOL So I stopped at a Starbucks kiosk in the mall yesterday and saw those little cakes and I almost got one, but I was disciplined and stayed away. I'm too afraid I would not stay away from them if I had!!

The list is clearing quickly and I'm ready to start hearing about weddings and helping all through the AOS, work statuses, POE horror stories (hopefully more success stories)! And most of all, I'm looking forward to the live broadcast of Mari's beatdown of K when he comes to down for all the stress he has put on her! :P It should be entertaining! What was it, your left flip-flop you were going to use???

Keep on coming with the great news!!!!!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Mari -

to your point about splitting VSC and CSC. I hope i dont give you the impression that that is what any of us is doing. my intent is not to split the two up, i'm bummed i had to do it for space purposes on the timeline. but at the same time i refuse to ignore the fact that while you beauts are turning pretty pink on the timeline, there are those who are still lookin' good in blue. to not point it out that we have to "keep the faith" like my honey would say, would be ignoring the dismay that you can't help but feel a little when you dont know what to think about what your service center will do next.

Agree we are all in it together, but dont think we can even begin to start jumping on folks that are pulling for VSC to pick it up so we can be right up there with the rest of the "Fam".

just sayin'.

xo

Hiya Diz,

Fully understood about the real estate on the timeline and why there had to be two charts. But for me, I'm pulling for VSC to get a move on so we can see our Dec VSC Filers with us for sure! The only jumping I'd like to do is on the slow pokes moving files from desk to desk back east at the Service Center (and on Kadir ha ha)! C'mon VSC approve our fam already!! Granted some are pink and we do see blue, but I''m still looking for that day when we're all in pink...it's just my prayer that I'm not letting up or giving up on it. It still seems to me that VSC is catching up and approving more and more. To me this is a very very VERY good sign! I know we have to be realistic but I'm still hopeful. LOL its my nature and reality sometimes doesn't exist.

Besos,

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

K-1 NOA2 received today. I was On my way home from work this morning when I received a text and email saying my case status had changed. The email said we were approved on April 13, 2011. I checked the website and sure enuogh is said approved. Then in the mail I received the NOA 2

I sent in our package on Nov 30, 2011 and had a NOA 1 date of Dec 6, 2010. The NOA 2 has a validity period 4/13/2011 to 8/12/2011. What does this mean exactly? Does it mean she has to be interviewed by 8/13/2011? Or actually enter the use by 8/13/2011.

K-1 Packet mailed Nov 30, 2010 -------- NOA2 received in the mail April 18, 2011 ----------139 days

NOA1 date Dec 6, 2010 ---------NOA2 date April 13, 2011--------128 days.

The NOA2 does have an expiration date which means you need to have your interview before then. On other forums, people have said that many embassies automatically extend it if they are very slow at scheduling the interviews or if there are extenuating circumstances (like when the Egyptian consulate was closed). That being said, you still have to do your part and get your paperwork together so that you can turn it in as soon as you get Packet 3. Many petitioners don't even wait for Packet 3,especially in countries with poor mail service. They just print the instructions for Packet 3 off of their consulate's website and turn it in as soon as they have confirmation that the consulate received their case (if you go this route, make sure you write your case number on your cover letter).

CONGRATULATIONS and good luck! :D

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.