Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Convention on Consent to Marriage, Minmum Age for

Marriage and Registration of Marriages

Opened for signature and ratification by General Assembly resolution 1763 A (XVII) of 7 November 1962

Entry into force: 9 December 1964, in accordance with article 6

If any of you have questions regarding age differential and legalities... This is from the UN website:

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/convention.htm

Desiring, in conformity with the Charter of the United Nations, to promote universal respect for, and observance of, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all, without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion,

Recalling that article 16 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that:

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses,

Recalling further that the General Assembly of the United Nations declared, by resolution 843 (IX) of 17 December 1954, that certain customs, ancient laws and practices relating to marriage and the family were inconsistent with the principles set forth in the Charter of the United Nations and in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,

Reaffirming that all States, including those which have or assume responsibility for the administration of Non-Self-Governing and Trust Territories until their achievement of independence, should take all appropriate measures with a view to abolishing such customs, ancient laws and practices by ensuring, inter alia , complete freedom in the choice of a spouse, eliminating completely child marriages and the betrothal of young girls before the age of puberty, establishing appropriate penalties where necessary and establishing a civil or other register in which all marriages will be recorded,

Hereby agree as hereinafter provided: (cont. on link given above)

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

And by the way Diz, I wasn't going to let AJlape's question slip by. I was curious to see if and how other Decemberite's would answer them. :thumbs:

I really would like to see Decemberites reseach and get used to the Official sites and US Govt resources as one day they might need info and we can't answer or not available.

It's the "teach the man to fish and he eats for a lifetime" thing.

xo

Mari

I thought the same thing...however here is another government website which could be useful: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html. I would also think once we receive a hard copy of instructions (whether a NOA2 or RFE) a lot of the information will be there??? I was confused about fees but this site seems to help out. I do know the fees have to be paid in US currency...Michael and I opened a joint account in MN which I will use for the payment and proof of our ongoing relationship. I will also get some new pics of the two of us with baby Sophie and her siblings, providing we remember to bring the camera along! I chuckle at sites that bring tons of pics to the interviews, I rarely take photos....this evidence gathering is very taskful and at times annoying!

Off to bring Ms Nemo for her annual vet appointment....enjoy your day everyone!

PS. the site says can't find but follow the visa links below, it will take you to the fees.

Edited by Lise + Michael

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

DECEMBERITE THREAD MAP updated: April 12, 2011

:reading: HEY DECEMBERITE FAMILY!! GET UPDATED ON THE NEWS AROUND HERE!! :secret:

*** You're going to see this message with updates around in future posts so ALL OF US can get ready for each step of the Visa Journey! !***

Here are the previous post that will give you Thread Map for the USCIS links & information Currently, we're working on preparation of NOA2 Documents, Request to be Added to Timeline, Wedding planning, Fitness Challenge and our very own Decemberite International Cookbook so we won't stress out! Please join us and say hello to everyone.

• Page 17 ...............................Post # 251...........................................................NOA2 Packet List ** PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS**
  • Page 7................................. Post # 98............................................................. Your NOA1 Date
  • Page 78................................Post # 1224........................................................ ADD ME to TIMELINE (Hit Reply and Post Your TIMELINE LINK for Dizzy to add you!)
  • Page 91 .............................. Post # 1345 ....................................................... Updated Timeline By DizzyLox with Decemberite Family List (Updated M-F, No weekends)
  • Page 10 ...............................Post # 142........................................................... Dec K1 2010 Thread's GAME PLAN
  • Page 11............................... Post #151.............................................................USCIS Service Center's EMAIL ADDRESSES & HEADQUARTER's SERVICE CENTER OPERATIONS
  • Page 17................................Post #251.............................................................CSC & VSC Processing Time (not a promise or a guarantee)
  • Page 20................................Post #294 ............................................................Igor's List CSC & VSC (Your place in line = approximation)
  • Page 22................................Post #316 &329....................................................Preparation for Medical Examination // Amendment post# 329
  • Page 23 .............................. Post# 341.............................................................CDC & Immigration Criteria for required vaccinations (record & history review for beneficiary)
  • Page 23................................Post #345.............................................................Best Wedding links by Wendie (EVERY BRIDES EASY GUIDE**)
  • Page 25................................Post#361..............................................................The Most Overlooked Tax Deductions Article by Kiplinger.com
  • Page 25................................Post # 362............................................................Nesting for our Fiance's new home! Clean, Declutter and Organize before they get here.
  • Page 32................................Post # 468........................................................... Bec_Dipu's example of why we do not wait to gather our NOA2 packet documents.
  • Page 33................................Post # 490............................................................Required Documents for NOA2 (Post is duplicate so members can find easily)
  • Page 37................................Post # 547............................................................Stay Healthy! No Bridezilla's here. Part 1 of Series on health matters. Water Intake
  • Page 40................................Post # 596............................................................No Bridezilla's here. Part 2 of Series. Fiber
  • Page 46................................Post #676.............................................................No Bridezilla here. Part 3 of Series. Walk our Talk & Exercise focus for your Bridal gown!
  • Page 46................................Post #686.............................................................December Fitness Challenge Weblink Library (this post moves when people add to it)
  • Page 49................................Post #723.............................................................Invite the US President, The Queen, and other Diplomats to your Wedding! by Shawn (uscmaviator).
  • Page 52................................Post #772..............................................................Can my fiance work while on a Visa? (Lee&Jenibee? answered)
  • Page 56................................Post #827..............................................................Travel Documents; Advanced Parole (Nikolacolada's: "Can my fiance travel after we marry?")
  • Page 57................................Post #842..............................................................USC Change of Address FYI
  • Page 59................................Post #874..............................................................EZ way to Identify each document so USCIS, NVC or Embassy won't lose your papers!
  • Page 85................................Post #1263............................................................Fitness Challenge Benefits (Dizzylox)
  • Page 87................................Post #1302............................................................My Beneficiary worked & lived in US for over 6 mos, does he need a US Police Certificate? (Ajlape)
  • Page 90................................Post #1348............................................................Answering Visa Questions with References
  • Page 90................................Post #1348............................................................How much of an Age Difference is too much? Wikipedia Answer for each country (link)
  • Page 91................................Post #1351............................................................United Nations on Human Rights: Consent to Marriage,Min Age for Marriage & Marriage Registration

Thanks Everybody our group is Robust!!!

Mari

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey y'all!

So... after we all get our NOA2s... can we still try to come back here and post wedding pics and go through AOS together? :) I might not be super-active, but I love having this group, and would love to see pictures of all the fantastic weddings that we'll be having in the next... well... 6-8 months? Or less, for some of us?

Also, is anyone else planning on eloping at the courthouse or with a justice of the peace, then having a big ceremony later? How American are your wedding plans? How much of the immigrant spouse's culture are you bringing into the wedding? Have you registered yet?

My sister and I are TOTALLY different. She's getting married in December (after a 2-year long engagement!)... and registered at a few fancy stores. Solid silver silverware?! For REAL?! I didn't know you COULD buy a knife-fork-spoon set for $495! Ha. So, yeah, I don't know if we are going to register or not, but if we do, it certainly won't be like THAT!

Also, any etiquette advice for an elopement-with-a-"real"-wedding-later? Do we send out announcements for engagement? Saying we've eloped and will have a party later? Hmm. This is complicated.

Anyway, I just said goodbye to my fiance this morning. Back to LDR. :(

Peace!

k

Timeline

I thought that was the plan.... we all get to go through the Visa Journey process together! Our K1 doesn't stop at the NOA2 anyhow and I really hope we all hang for a long long time. I can't wait to see the wedding pics on here or even little Decemberite Mini's! :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

DECEMBER BOYS HELLO PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY BOYFRIEND IS YOUR VOTES IN CONTEST WITH HIS SONG IF YOU DO HAVE FACEBOOK CLICK THIS LINK THE SONG IS SUPER CUTE! THANKS GUYS! http://apps.facebook.com/loveinanylanguage/contests/104512/voteable_entries/19736876?ogn=facebook&order=votes

Timeline

DECEMBER BOYS HELLO PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY BOYFRIEND IS YOUR VOTES IN CONTEST WITH HIS SONG IF YOU DO HAVE FACEBOOK CLICK THIS LINK THE SONG IS SUPER CUTE! THANKS GUYS! http://apps.facebook...ook&order=votes

Gaby... that's not your 'boyfriend' anymore, it's your Fiance remember? :lol::yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey y'all!

So... after we all get our NOA2s... can we still try to come back here and post wedding pics and go through AOS together? :) I might not be super-active, but I love having this group, and would love to see pictures of all the fantastic weddings that we'll be having in the next... well... 6-8 months? Or less, for some of us?

Also, is anyone else planning on eloping at the courthouse or with a justice of the peace, then having a big ceremony later? How American are your wedding plans? How much of the immigrant spouse's culture are you bringing into the wedding? Have you

registered yet?

My sister and I are TOTALLY different. She's getting married in December (after a 2-year long engagement!)... and registered at a few fancy stores. Solid silver silverware?! For REAL?! I didn't know you COULD buy a knife-fork-spoon set for $495! Ha. So, yeah, I don't know if we are going to register or not, but if we do, it certainly won't be like THAT!

Also, any etiquette advice for an elopement-with-a-"real"-wedding-later? Do we send out announcements for engagement? Saying we've eloped and will have a party later? Hmm. This is complicated.

Peace!

k

I think a lot of us want to stay in touch! We'll have to somehow keep our Decemberite K-1 name. :star:

We aren't doing the courthouse thing (unfortunately for our bank accounts!) since my fiance is very Catholic, we are doing a very traditional Catholic wedding. That's one example of incorporating his culture, since I'm not Catholic. hehe. We are doing a full "American" wedding, but little touches of various cultures will be thrown in. Since we met in Africa our favors will be fair trade chocolates from Ghana. Since he's a British citizen we'll be doing a tea hour, with baklava (for his Iraqi side). We're also naming our tables after places we've traveled together and having pictures of us on the tables that were taken at those places. Overall the theme is sort of Moroccan/Indian because I like henna and Moroccan lanterns, but where we can we are incorporating our cultures. I haven't figured out how to incorporate my Mexican-American side yet... hehe.

About the gifts, I read somewhere that the "proper etiquette" for court/civil ceremony weddings and gifts is to register and give that info to whoever asks for it, but only those who ask. Alternatively if you are having a reception at a later date you can wait until that time to register and put the information on your wedding website. Most etiquette websites say absolutely don't include the registry info on the invitation... you can include it as an insert or on the website.

In terms of your engagement announcement, you can send an email version if you just want folks to know you're engaged. I wouldn't send out anything saying you'll be having a party later until you actually get married and start planning it. What if you decide after getting married you don't want a reception, or it just doesn't work out financially? It's better to just announce the party or celebration when you're telling people to actually keep the date on their calendar (and when you have a date).

In your case, I would definitely send an announcement after your civil ceremony to let people know your fiance is here and you're hitched! At that time you could send something to say "we hope you can join us for a celebration of our union at a future date", or actually give them the date if you have it.

All this wedding etiquette makes me crazy... it was a headache to figure out what to put on our invites since we're paying for our wedding, not our parents. But when in doubt.. google it!

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey y'all!

Also, is anyone else planning on eloping at the courthouse or with a justice of the peace, then having a big ceremony later? How American are your wedding plans? How much of the immigrant spouse's culture are you bringing into the wedding? Have you registered yet?

Peace!

k

We're going to do the courthouse thing to make sure that we follow the rules of the visa, but we're not going to have any type of party or anything until May when we'll have our "real" wedding in Mexico so that his family can be there too.

I've been trying to find Mexican customs (Emilio doesn't know any lol... men!) but I think it's probably going to be pretty "American" in terms of customs. We're trying to figure out how to incorporate both languages into the ceremony though so that both families can understand what's going on. AND since the wedding is going to be in Mexico we're not registering anywhere because we don't want people to have to lug down gifts, and we don't want to have to lug them back into the US after the wedding!

We're avoiding sending out any type of announcement for the civil ceremony in the U.S. because I want as many people as possible to come to the "wedding" in Mexico and I just feel like if they have a chance to acknowledge it beforehand and not have to travel to Mexico, they won't come :( lol But we did send out "save the month" cards since we don't have an exact date picked out yet, I wanted to give everyone as much time as possible to plan a vacation to Cancun.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello,

it is my first time to post a comment on visajourney.com. I just saw the personal messages that Mari and Lizy left, thank you guys for the congrats.

My fiance filed I-129F on December 1st, and got our NOA1 on December 6th. NOA2 was approved on April 11th and it was from California Service Center.

I am going to fly to the U.S. on June 10th, do you guys think I can get the visa by then? :( I hope so!

I hope you all can get your NOA2 soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello,

it is my first time to post a comment on visajourney.com. I just saw the personal messages that Mari and Lizy left, thank you guys for the congrats.

My fiance filed I-129F on December 1st, and got our NOA1 on December 6th. NOA2 was approved on April 11th and it was from California Service Center.

I am going to fly to the U.S. on June 10th, do you guys think I can get the visa by then? :( I hope so!

woooow congrats! all is well in your appointment ... you see all will go well and soon you'll be with your love!

California goes too fast!and slow Vermont :(

Timeline

Hello,

:energy: Tyler & Youngmin Welcome to the Thread!!!:energy:

:star: Welcome to VJ and thanks for posting fo the first time!:star:

:dance: AND BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR NOA2!!!:dance:

Mari

PS: Our Thread Map will help you navigate around ... Enjoy!

Hello,

CONGRATULATIONS! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey all my December filers! Hope everyone is fairing well. Congrats to all recent NOA2's!

BTW: Please add me to the list when you get a chance.

NOA1 - 12/01/2010

Last Touched - 12/08/2010

Service Center: Vermont

Thanks much!

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.