NODINK

About to send in my single entry Visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm about to send it in. I have my app, 2 pp photos, cashier check, copy of my PP - cause I'm requesting a loose-leaf visa and prepaid Express mail pouch. The Consular website asks for $30 fee. Is there anything else? like additional fee & stuff. Thanks all.

Edited by NODINK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

30? For a visa of what length?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have always had to pay far more than 30 bucks... cheapest was around 100 for a 90 day...

dont forget this....

excludes shipping, handling, approval arrangement and expedite services

the 30 is just to put the stamp in the passport or on the document...

call them to get the exact amoun t to avoid a delay...

202 - 861 - 2293

202 - 861 - 0694

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why dont you just do visa on arrival, it is easier, all you have to do is print out the letter they send you, pay the service like $15 bucks, show up with $25 in cash, fill out the paper and get your stamp when you land, I did the whole send off visa thing the first time, but after that i always did visa on arrival, much easier, and you dont have to wait as long for your bags to arrive because you spent that time filling out the 1 page form. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

I just apply for the 5 year visa (if you're vietnamese american or spouse of a vietnamese or vietnamese american, you can apply for this), stamped in my passport for total of $50 dollars for 10 days processing in September at the Vietnamese consulate in Washington. Send at least $40 for normal processing (a month waiting, not recommended), but don't ever send just $30, you will not hear back from them if you miss anything and your application will not be in the system even if you call them. Call and check after sending for 1 week, they will let you know the status. Attached is the email I got from them talking about the fee. All you need to send in is your passport, evidence that you're vietnamese (birth certificate or old vietnamese passport, check out the website, they have more things that you can submit), passport photo, the application and returning envelope with stamp. I used USPS certified mail since it's cheaper than us express and you can still have date stamped and tracking number. Anyways, the whole process took about 2 weeks and I have visa good for 5 year :D

Here is the email I got from them

Please visit the Vietnamese MOFA’s website

http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn

to get informations on Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas.

After completing on line the Application Form for Certificate of Visa Exemption, print it out and send all the requested documents and processing fee to

Embassy of Vietnam

1233 20th St, NW, suite 400

Washington DC 20036

Tel. 202.861.2293/202.861.0737

Processing fee:

for the first time : $30 (INCLUDES PROCESSING FEE AND HANDLING FEE)

For the second time: $20 (INCLUDES PROCESSING FEE AND HANDLING FEE)

Due to a huge amount of applications sent to the Embassy nowadays, it may take about one month.

For further information, please call to the Embassy before sending the application to make sure of the correct requirements.

FOR RUSH FEE, PLUS $20 (10 days) or plus $30 (5 days).

FOR ADDITIONALL FEE, PLEASE SEND IN FORM OF MONEY ORDER OR CASHIER CHECK PAYABLE TO VIETNAM EMBASSY WITH A NOTE SAYING ADDITIONAL FEE TO ...

For the return of Certificate and documents, Please include one prepaid,self-addressed, returned envelope. USPS express mail is highly recommended.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.