Mikeyboy

Time between Interview Date and Visa Issue

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello All,

I have my interview date confirmed, but my wife (over in the USA) has surgery 9 days later, which I hoped to attend. I was wondering if anyone knows the average amount of time it takes to get your passport back in the mail from the US Embassy in London with the visa in, assuming it went well.

Thank you for any help,

-Mike

Hey,

I had my interview for my K visa in London, when you leave you can pay for the express courier service. They list the time as up to 10 days, but I received mine within 3. I asked the guy when I paid for the service & he said they had been processing passports really quickly & getting them out,

Hope this helps

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

3 to 5 days and is usually sent by express company and also

depends on if your in big city or way out in the boon docks

in the country or village.

You can ask the day of your interview to the officer who give sthe

interview. They can give you a more exact date if the Visa is approved.

Good Luck :)

My husband had his interview November 18th at the US embassy in London. We had to submit an extra clearance letter so we had an extra couple of weeks in delays, but we stll are expecting his visa anyday.

If you pay for the 3-5 day service you typically will get it by that time. They say to allow for 5-15 days, but we have had a great experience so far with the courier service (they had our letter and passport back to the embassy within 24 hours.) Now that the weather is clearing up there, I doubt there will be many delays. Best of luck with the interview!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband had his interview November 18th at the US embassy in London. We had to submit an extra clearance letter so we had an extra couple of weeks in delays, but we stll are expecting his visa anyday.

If you pay for the 3-5 day service you typically will get it by that time. They say to allow for 5-15 days, but we have had a great experience so far with the courier service (they had our letter and passport back to the embassy within 24 hours.) Now that the weather is clearing up there, I doubt there will be many delays. Best of luck with the interview!

Hi there,

What was the extra clearance letter for? Is this something I can pre-empt?

-Mike

With your wife having surgery so soon it might not hurt to ask the officer, upon approval, if he might be able to "place your passport on top of the file." I am sure, if you bring a statement from her doctor, he would be happy to possibly save you a day or two. Good luck and hope all works out will with your wife.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.