Sqi

AOS Interview Result

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie in this forum :unsure: I just need one clarification on the AOS interview (I tried to search forum but didn't find anything useful for myself :blush:)

Anyhow, here is the situation: I am an F-1 students, graduated in May 2010. I met my wife 2 years ago, chat and phone regularly (we were in different states back then), met and then decided to marry in May 2010. I moved to AZ to be near her in Jun 2010, but we did not send in AOS packet until September. After 2 months wait with biometric and AOS letters, we had an AOS interview yesterday at local USCIS office in Phoenix, AZ. The interview was relatively simple with questions about our relationship, some daily routine and what we planned to do for Xmas :lol: . After around 30' of interview, the officer started to explain about the conditional GC and what we should do to remove condition 90 days before expiration date. She then handed us an interview result paper which stated congratulation that I-485 was recommended for approval, and upon approval the Service will send me a conditional GC.

Here's my questions:

- Before we filed for I-130, I-485 and I-864, I had already applied for Optional Practical Training EAD in April and got approved for one card (valid from 6/2010 to 6/2011). However, because I moved to a different states and my wife was staying in a different address in April and some other unfortunate events, I wasn't able to receive my EAD card until mid-September 2010, around 1-2 weeks after we filed the AOS packet. Without the actual card, I decided to not include that fact in my application when filing. My question is will this have any effect on my overall application?

- Is there a difference between recommended for approval and actual approval? I have read a lot of happy stories here how people said they got approved for green card right on the spot, but nobody talked about interview result paper and recommended for approval. Should there be any concern because of the OPT situation?

I hope to get some useful reply from everyone. Thank you very much for your time :)

In my humble opinion you should be fine!

You had valid reason not to mention about your EAD in your AOS application.

Plus, not mentioning about your EAD is not relevant enough to affect the decision.

And trust me, USCIS has a record of your application for EAD in their system.

If it was a problem, they would have brought it up during the interview.

I don't see why it should be overruled.

Would you maybe add your timeline to your signature ?

It could be useful to some here.

Congratulations by the way!

Edited by Vuvu zela

10/21/2010 (00): AOS package sent via express mail

10/22/2010 (01): AOS received by USCIS

10/28/2010 (07): NOA email notification for all the forms

11/05/2010 (15): Biometrics letter received for 11/30/2010

11/15/2010 (25): Early biometrics walk-in (successful)/Touched on all forms

12/30/2010 (70): AP approved

01/03/2011 (74): EAD and AP touched/EAD card production ordered

01/07/2011 (78): AP in the mail

01/10/2011 (81): Interview letter received for 02/09/2011

01/11/2011 (82): EAD in the mail

02/09/2011 (111): AOS Interview (Approved!!!)/Card production ordered (email)

02/18/2011 (120): GC in hand! (It's actually green lol)

In my humble opinion you should be fine!

You had valid reason not to mention about your EAD in your AOS application.

Plus, not mentioning about your EAD is not relevant enough to affect the decision.

And trust me, USCIS has a record of your application for EAD in their system.

If it was a problem, they would have brought it up during the interview.

I don't see why it should be overruled.

Would you maybe add your timeline to your signature ?

It could be useful to some here.

Congratulations by the way!

Thank you very much for ur prompt answer. I certainly hope so too. Btw I will try to update the timeline soon :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.