2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I am kind of confused about DS-230 and other documents for Beneficiary. My questions are as followed

1. Who needs to send DS-230 to NVC My wife(Beneficiary)or me(petitioner)?

2. If I(petitioner) need to send DS-230 then does my wife has to sign and send it to me ?

3. What other documents need to be send along with DS-230 ?

4. Do I (petitioner) or my wife (Beneficiary) need to send below list of documents along with DS-230 or these documents need to be taken to local Foreign U.S Consulate(in beneficiary's country)?

-Two passport-style photographs (2X2 inches) of the beneficiary.

-Completed and signed form DS-230 Part I by the beneficiary

-Completed and unsigned form DS-230 Part II by the beneficiary

-Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page

-Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate

-Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate

-Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

-Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable

-Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable

Please let me know the easiest and quest way of sending DS-230 and Other documents I have listed above.

Thank you,

see answer in quotes

Hi All,

I am kind of confused about DS-230 and other documents for Beneficiary. My questions are as followed

1. Who needs to send DS-230 to NVC My wife(Beneficiary)or me(petitioner)? Beneficiary or petition can send civil doc to NVC depends on who you pick as COA

2. If I(petitioner) need to send DS-230 then does my wife has to sign and send it to me ? Yes get all necessary docs completed and signed by your wife

3. What other documents need to be send along with DS-230 ? the list below is what you need to send in

4. Do I (petitioner) or my wife (Beneficiary) need to send below list of documents along with DS-230 or these documents need to be taken to local Foreign U.S Consulate(in beneficiary's country)? Beneficiary has to provide the list below..either you or your wife can send in the list below to NVC. NVC will provide the address to mail civil docs to once the fees are paid

-Two passport-style photographs (2X2 inches) of the beneficiary.

-Completed and signed form DS-230 Part I by the beneficiary

-Completed and unsigned form DS-230 Part II by the beneficiary

-Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page

-Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate

-Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate

-Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

-Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable

-Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable

Please let me know the easiest and quest way of sending DS-230 and Other documents I have listed above.

Thank you,

Edited by LADYDARE

Citizenship next step!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.