UmmSqueakster

Marriage contract

486 posts in this topic

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

There is a lot of misinformation concerning Islam that goes on here. Most of the time I stay out of it because anytime I comment (like this time) I get attacked by the kufar and the 'mods' alike :rolleyes:

right there, as szsz pointed out, you have called people on this board that.

Really? who exactly did I call that? I did not name anyone a kafir.

VP,

Sounds to me like the difference between you two is that the "scholars" you seem to trust are the same ones she does not. Which means while their opinion may be meaningful to you, they are not to her.

That's fair, isn't it?

She's clearly someone who has opinions of her own based on her own study. You may not agree with the opinions she's arrived at but at least her opinions are based on her own study while yours are essentially plagiarized. She is capable of critical evaluation of new facts while you are not. She has depth of her own while your depth is borrowed and unoriginal.

The difference between me and her is that she thinks she's a scholar and I don't agree.

She learned Islam from someone too....

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

The difference between me and her is that she thinks she's a scholar and I don't agree.

She learned Islam from someone too....

I have said on this board that I am not a scholar, but I am certainly closer to being one than are you. Another difference between us is that I have learned Islam from several someones who gave me the freedom to question, whereas you have not.

I would strongly suggest, VP, that you do take the time to learn rather than try to convince others that you have learned. It would definitely make you less defensive and reactionary if you didn't have to spend so much time defending yourself against those who are on to you. Islam is about finding peace, and you could use some peace.

Edited by szsz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
this thread is still up?

apparently w/ renewed energy and vigor since 8:15 CST :blink:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I haven't read most of this thread 'cause it's so waaaaaaaaaaaaaay wicked long but.................

I suggested to my fiance that perhaps we could put in the contract that he not have anymore than ONE wife.

:whistle:

He said that he would but it is not allowed because of his religion.

Well that will be my religion soon, insha Allah, and I have done some research on what an Egyptian marriage contract entails and it even says you can put that clause in there. I mentioned that to him.....and he knows I'm an ####### CPA :D , so he did say if that is something that I insist upon he will agree BUT........

is it really something that will hold up? :huh:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
JP, Thanks for the Happy Ramadan sign! That's so sweet!

Your welcome!!! Now lets have some sweets!..mmmmmmm

DSC04880.jpg

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

this thread is still up?

:lol: Well I guess we can all count on all the drama in the MENA forum with the MEAN girls :lol: Hmmm I wonder will this thread still be active next week , after my absence? :lol::hehe:

DSC04880.jpg

Mmmmm sweets...I am so craving some of Shatila's Ma'moul Madd with the Walnut or Pistachio filling...Mmmmm maamoulmj.jpgor some Namoura nammoura.jpg:D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Way to make me crave sweets :angry: j/k mmmm. I guess I'll just have to settle for some oreos.

is it really something that will hold up? :huh:

I'll have my husband chat with your fiance sometime, and he'll lay it all out for him :whistle: I'm not sure of the Egyptian law, but I'm pretty sure you can register the contract there and make it enforcable. That right to divorce would make it much easier to obtain one there.

If you were to get married in the US, you would go by the prenup laws in your state. While a no two wives clause would not technically be legally enforcable here, since it's illegal to have two wives anyways, it will provide you standing in the community if you should seek a divorce.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

MMMMMMMMM kanafa and harrisa.

I never thought to put any such clause in our marriage contract. Mohammeds parents have been happily married for many years and I see the love that they have. I felt Mohammed was very much like his father and I don't think having 2 wives to care for is something he would want to do.

Have a happy Saturday everyone!

Jackie

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
MMMMMMMMM kanafa and harrisa.

I never thought to put any such clause in our marriage contract. Mohammeds parents have been happily married for many years and I see the love that they have. I felt Mohammed was very much like his father and I don't think having 2 wives to care for is something he would want to do.

Have a happy Saturday everyone!

Jackie

Yeah I guess maybe it's just me but I have been married before and I didn't believe my husband would do a LOT of things that he did.

I hate to think of the worst but it's kicked me in the butt before so better in my eyes to cover it all now and then just not think of it.

Which leads me to another question......my sister told me that she just had a patient who was in the same boat as me and she told her (reminds me of the commercial for that shampoo....'and they told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on and so on.' lol) that when i die, if i am married in egypt, the law states that my estate is split equally amount his relatives and my daughters. I don't want that. I want my daughters to get the bulk of it. Can ya put a clause in for that?

I'm thinking of hiring an egyptian lawyer 'cause these things are so technical.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good luck ladies with the contract... :D My hbib just shown me my part of my mahr in the webcam last night... Wow surprised me... :hehe::blush:

hmmmm.... i wonder if i will get a mahr? :whistle: not gonna ask abt that one.... he seems to be leaving most of this marriage and contract stuff up to me - if there's a mahr.... it's gotta be all him! B)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

this thread is still up?

:lol: Well I guess we can all count on all the drama in the MENA forum with the MEAN girls :lol: Hmmm I wonder will this thread still be active next week , after my absence? :lol::hehe:

DSC04880.jpg

Mmmmm sweets...I am so craving some of Shatila's Ma'moul Madd with the Walnut or Pistachio filling...Mmmmm maamoulmj.jpgor some Namoura nammoura.jpg:D

YOU WENT TO SHATILAS WITHOUT ME___

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

this thread is still up?

DSC04880.jpg

YOU WENT TO SHATILAS WITHOUT ME___

No I would never go without you...I am just craving it :lol:

Good luck ladies with the contract... :D My hbib just shown me my part of my mahr in the webcam last night... Wow surprised me... :hehe::blush:

hmmmm.... i wonder if i will get a mahr? :whistle: not gonna ask abt that one.... he seems to be leaving most of this marriage and contract stuff up to me - if there's a mahr.... it's gotta be all him! B)

Well personally I just asked for a simple wedding band, I donnot really care for anyway else...but he got me something special that really surprised me...Hmmm but we did just have a tad of disagreement, I wonder of this was a make-up bribe? :lol: ...Well anyway I will have my hbib (even if for a limited time) soon on Wednesday :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.