Marriage contract

486 posts in this topic

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
They sound tolerable haha.

Yes and I even have one for whatever mood you might be in... if you're in the... i don't want to be bothered so just sit over there and look pretty mood--we have Tinkerbell who is our BIG fluffy lazy girl who just lays around all day BUT if you're in the ... i'm feeling agressive and want to play mood--we have Boris who is sleek and playful and will jump right on top of anyone and start petting himself with your hands :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
ya know, even i'm smart enough to know that szsz is the smartest one in here on islam. you should listen to her

I don't listen to those who change the religion. Charles, you wouldn't know Islam if it bit you on your ear :no:

funny you should say that, cause i've seen her run up one side of you and down the other. it's like watching a race between a rabbit and a turtle. :lol:

and so far, not seen anyone else able to dispute what she says and prove her wrong ;)

If you ignore Charles, he will go away. hopefully faaaarrrr faaaarrr away

hold your breath and wait ;)

I have been traumatized by a cat. A French cat. I like dogs.

Mine are harmless... they don't have front claws :P

mine has all 4 on the floor still and he don't use them on me. he's quite tame.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Welcome Charles and Nessa...nice to see you havn't forgotten the MENA girls :lol:

is that possible? :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Welcome Charles and Nessa...nice to see you havn't forgotten the MENA girls :lol:

Of course, we know you love us :lol:

th_spya.gif

like a bad case of athlete's foot :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

th_spya.gif

But seems you keep coming back to itch that foot tongue0014.gif:lol:

Timeline

th_spya.gif

good place to have :pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

th_spya.gif

good place to have :pop:

O snaps

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I think it's would be worthwhile that if we're going to debate these issues that we at least admit that the traditional view, held by most people throughout history, is in line with VP's interpretations of these verses on both the polygany and christians/jews issue. We can examine the source texts, the Qur'an and the Sunnah, but we also need to examine our history. If people would like to interpret it differently, fine, by all means go ahead. But, don't forget that it's an interpretation that differs from the majority. If you don't like the majority, fine. But, it's still a common opinion.

This is one of themost fascinating thing about being around all these converts. You speak of a majority, as if you know what the majority believes, but I have been among the majority for 53 years, and I have no idea where they get their Islamic education from. I have studied and worked with scholars, led my life in a manner that allowed me to be close to the philosophy, history and theology of Islam, then I come here where there are a lot of covert women who have been Muslim for a hot minute and they know everything and I know nothing.

I have seen a lot of postings from converts resentful of how they are sometimes looked at as deficient because they are converts,and they try to rationalize it by saying that converts are more interested in the faith whereas born Muslims take it for granted.

Well, I'm not one of those born Muslims who take Islam for granted. I know the difference between someone who is regurgitating what they have been told and someone who has used critical thinking and taken the time to delve deeply into the nuances of the faith. What I see here, for the most part, is an avoidance of the nuance. and an unwavering inability to discern between what may seem to be contradictions.

The convert formula: Ignore what you cannot explain and repeat what you think you understand. I understand that there are few born Muslims here, so the converts have the apparent advantage of having learned the same incorrect information and then they take up for each other.

I have nothing against converts, they eventually become a blessing to the ummah. But, what is passing for Islam among them in the last 30 years of Salafi money in the masjid is divisive, false and hellish. Frankly, it scares me. This is how Veil Princess has become a hero to some of you, out of ignorance, I am loathe to say, but it must be said.

I am the minority here, but only in number, not in spirit. This is not the real world of Islam. I have been there, insha'allah, you wil be there one day too.

Edited by szsz

Timeline
I am the minority here, but only in number, not in spirit. This is not the real world of Islam. I have been there, insha'allah, you wil be there one day too.

We all have much to learn ...and inchallah we all will be there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.