Marriage contract

486 posts in this topic

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

whats cracking me up. are those that are freaking out over a second wife. :lol::lol:

are you that insecure? he cant have a second wife in the USA anyways. :lol::lol:

So you wouldn't mind if Javed wanted a second wife?

Interesting.

refer to the last sentence of shon's post - it's a moot point because he can't have one anyways. duh :wacko:

That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if she would be ok with if he could. Also there is a difference between wanting and having. double duh.

your man might want a 2nd wife - not all men want their wives with thickness :huh:

I don't know many who want a wife who has already been a wife to 3 other men. Anyone else know?

Please be more considerate and less rude. It just plain makes things nice ;). Seriously though that was not called for.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

I don't know many who want a wife who has already been a wife to 3 other men. Anyone else know?

I don't know anything other than this is one of the lowest blows I have ever read on this forum.

I agree. I think it's sometimes forgotten that this is a painful process to begin with for those of us still going through it without this kind of rot on this board.

Edited by just_waiting

I don't know anything other than this is one of the lowest blows I have ever read on this forum.

It sure hasn't been the first time.

I dont think I would single out one line here as the lowest blow...this is a pretty mean day in the me/na room.....

I was part of a disagreement today with VP, but neither of us took swipes at either other's pasts or relationships. Clashing of ideas is one thing, making it personal is another.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, back on topic.

I don't think that people who address the multiple wife issue in their contracts are insecure. It's simply covering all your bases. Many people in the US get prenup agreements. Are they insecure to plan for an eventuality in the future? No, they're simply being prudent and cautious. Allah (swt) gave us this opportunity to make up a marriage contract, so take advantage of it.

Also, I know at least for my husband and myself, we will joke about the mulitple wives thing. Heck, we even joked about it while drafting our contract with the guy who married us. *shrugs*

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You know, this contract thing is something Said and I have never discussed. We have discussed the wife thing, we both agree there will only be one, and she will be me! :P As for the rest of it.... do we really need to do this? I guess we should talk abt it.... suggestions ladies?

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

You know, this contract thing is something Said and I have never discussed. We have discussed the wife thing, we both agree there will only be one, and she will be me! :P As for the rest of it.... do we really need to do this? I guess we should talk abt it.... suggestions ladies?

Noura

My opinion, Noura, is that if the only places you would live are here or in Morocco, it is a moot point. He cannot take a second wife here. If you register your marriage in Morocco, the Moudawana will apply. Under the Moudawana, Said would have to go to the court to get authorization to take a second wife. He would have to make a convincing case for taking a second wife, and prove he is able to provide for both of you equally. You would be summoned to the court. If you did not agree to be a co-wife, the court would decide a fair payment which Said would be required to pay within seven days. At this time, a divorce decree would be issued.

For me, the heart of the issue is do I want to be married to a man that would take a second wife. I don't want to prevent him from doing it, I simply don't want him to do it. If he wanted to but didn't follow though, I still would no longer want to be married to him. So for me, the right to divorce is what is important.

Filed: Timeline

I didnt see any feet!

cause she already ran them over and amputated them.

yall are not very nice.. :huh:

if you want to have the persona of not being nice to people

and situations its ok. but, being Mean is very unbecomming.

Noura

My opinion, Noura, is that if the only places you would live are here or in Morocco, it is a moot point. He cannot take a second wife here. If you register your marriage in Morocco, the Moudawana will apply. Under the Moudawana, Said would have to go to the court to get authorization to take a second wife. He would have to make a convincing case for taking a second wife, and prove he is able to provide for both of you equally. You would be summoned to the court. If you did not agree to be a co-wife, the court would decide a fair payment which Said would be required to pay within seven days. At this time, a divorce decree would be issued.

For me, the heart of the issue is do I want to be married to a man that would take a second wife. I don't want to prevent him from doing it, I simply don't want him to do it. If he wanted to but didn't follow though, I still would no longer want to be married to him. So for me, the right to divorce is what is important.

let me ask is having a second wife practiced that much in the Middle East?

is that why there is great concern?

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
let me ask is having a second wife practiced that much in the Middle East?

is that why there is great concern?

i dunno why anyone would want a second wife. one mother in law is bad enough :yes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.