just phobulous

Can someone tell me for sure ?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

US citizen services is in a separate part of the building. After going through the security checkpoint you walk across the hallway, through a door outside into a small courtyard, and into another part of the building. The guards in the security checkpoint room can see you through the glass. When Phuong and I went to US citizen services they watched us to make sure we went through the second door. They specifically warned us not to go down the hallway to the right.

I'm not sure you could get away with it. I would personally be too paranoid to try. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I am smiling from ear to ear to see you guys discussing this. You can get into the embassy just as Jerome says. Don't let them see you arrive together. If it is for interview you can visit the citizens services area then just go sit with your loved one. I only ask that you don't interrupt the process or they will undoubtedly put a stop to this. If you have a blue or white paper you can go into the embassy to add more evidence at 1pm but I went at other times. I will tell you what not to do. Don't waste your time going during the evenings when they say they are open for questions or concerns. Anyone that can do anything is gone home for the day and you will only frustrate yourself.

Going into the embassy which I pay for in an area that is open to me is not sneaking. What is sneaking is telling someone they have "additional processing" to do instead of calling it an "investigation". Calling the home and acting like they are calling for another reason is sneaky. Spying is sneaky. Wanting to sit and wait with my fiance is not sneaky.

Good luck to all,

Fred

If you can't do what you want to do, do what you can do.

Timeline

Thank you to all of you for the info. After I talked to my honey more about this subject, we both came to the conclusion that the people that she had read about were "special cases". I would give anything to be in there with her to give her support... but I don't think I want to take the chance of causing a problem, especially on the one day that you don't want ANY problems. It just blows my mind that a government office " our government " will not even allow you to sit inside the building with your soon to be spouse. Just think about it for a minute or two.. You can tell quite a bit about a couple just by their body language when they are together. If the petitioner was allowed to sit inside with their SO, I think it would be another good way for a C.O. to observe the comfort level between the couple. Just a thought :hehe:

Timeline

Thank you to all of you for the info. After I talked to my honey more about this subject, we both came to the conclusion that the people that she had read about were "special cases". I would give anything to be in there with her to give her support... but I don't think I want to take the chance of causing a problem, especially on the one day that you don't want ANY problems. It just blows my mind that a government office " our government " will not even allow you to sit inside the building with your soon to be spouse. Just think about it for a minute or two.. You can tell quite a bit about a couple just by their body language when they are together. If the petitioner was allowed to sit inside with their SO, I think it would be another good way for a C.O. to observe the comfort level between the couple. Just a thought :hehe:

Good ideas are not the bureaucratic way. Wait till they take over health care and we have to go through a bureaucrat. They want to isolate her for a reason. It is very easy to trip up someone when they are scared and alone. The best thing is to have her prepared and as relaxed as possible. Alos tell her to stop listening to others so called advice. Most of the advice I have ever heard is from others who have never been through the process but have heard from someone that may have heard from someone else. The stuff we have heard just on this forum is amazingly stupid.

It just blows my mind that a government office " our government " will not even allow you to sit inside the building with your soon to be spouse. Just think about it for a minute or two.. You can tell quite a bit about a couple just by their body language when they are together. If the petitioner was allowed to sit inside with their SO, I think it would be another good way for a C.O. to observe the comfort level between the couple. Just a thought :hehe:

I certainly agree. I felt so useless sitting across the street during the interview and it seemed like there should be a more constructive role for the petitioner at that point. In the crowd of locals and relatives, I only saw about 1 or 2 foreigners on the sidewalk with me so it's not like letting the USCs in the building would cause an overcrowding issue, and then if the CO has any questions for us to clear anything up then we'd be conveniently available to answer them. Simply spending a few extra minutes on the small number of petitioners standing across the street wouldn't hold up the interview schedule much anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.