just phobulous

Can someone tell me for sure ?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok, so I am talking to my honey online last night, and she tells me that she has been reading of cases where the USC have been able to enter the HCM consulate with their fiance. She says that in these cases, both the USC and the foreign fiance have a separate CO that asks them questions about each other. I tried to explain to her that there might be some special cases where the consulate allows this if the couple has had previous interviews. But, she told me that this is something new and that it had nothing to do with any previous circumstances. Has anybody heard of anything like this ?? As far as I knew, everyone that accompanies there fiance to the consulate gets the same VIP seating as usual (across the street). Ha Ha Ha !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have never heard of USC entering the consulate with their wive\fiancée.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i am a us citizen i went to the us embassy i showed my us passport i was allowed in, and we were questioned by the same io i went to give her support and the io wanted to see my passport, how many times i came to visit her, i showed pictures togather,phonecalls,she was approved that was in colombia, wish you good luck,

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

your fiancee heard wrong, you are not allowed into the consulate with your fiancee. However there is a form that can get you into the embassy, I am sure someone else here will know what form I am talking about. You cannot still go in with your fiancee, you would want to show up seperate, and not even talk to your fiancee until you were in the door. With this form you would go to the left not the right to the interview area, but once inside you would just turn right instead. You wont get an interview with a CO, but if your fiancee told the CO you were in the waiting room something might happen but I doubt it. The form is basically saying you are dropping off evidence, or wanting to talk to a CO, It has been over a year, and I used it and was able to go in while they were doing interviews.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Its very very rare and its called a stokes interview... only heard of it happening a couple of times and in those cases the SO was sitting outside waiting and was asked to come in when the CO found out he was there... expect to be prevented from entering the consulate except on the couple of days they allow USC's access in the afternoon... I tried to get in when Thuy submitted docs and that got me some unwanted attention from the VN soldier patroling outside with the AK on his shoulder.. the consulate has a specific protocol they follow when it comes to USC's and people getting in the consulate in general... the couple going in together is not part of that protocol...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Ok, so I am talking to my honey online last night, and she tells me that she has been reading of cases where the USC have been able to enter the HCM consulate with their fiance. She says that in these cases, both the USC and the foreign fiance have a separate CO that asks them questions about each other. I tried to explain to her that there might be some special cases where the consulate allows this if the couple has had previous interviews. But, she told me that this is something new and that it had nothing to do with any previous circumstances. Has anybody heard of anything like this ?? As far as I knew, everyone that accompanies there fiance to the consulate gets the same VIP seating as usual (across the street). Ha Ha Ha !!

Please ask her what site she has been reading about this and let us know as we all would love to read them too. Also from my experience and many others I know about our SO's are going to hear a lot of things and almost all are false. Just let her know this and you should know this. Most of the stuff my then fiancee was told was from others that had never been through the process but of course knew all about it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Unless it was a couple doing DCF. But it sounds like the Viet SO was reading about another Consulate.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The form I am talking about is a white paper. It has your case number on it, and you would use this form to drop off more evidence if they kept your blue form. Fred is the one that gave it to me when I needed it, and a few other people have said that when they turned in evidence they kept the blue slip so they were forced to print out this form and fill in the information and it would get you into the door. As i said earlier, and as others have said, you will not be able to enter together, they will stop you, and if the guard sees both of you get out of the same taxi they will also stop you, so you MUST not be seen talking to her until you are in the door. As far as getting an interview it is very unlikely, but sitting inside sure beats the heck out of sitting outside and having the shoe shine boys ask you ever 3 minutes to sine sues sir.

Scott, Jim, do either of you remember the name of this form?

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The form I am talking about is a white paper. It has your case number on it, and you would use this form to drop off more evidence if they kept your blue form. Fred is the one that gave it to me when I needed it, and a few other people have said that when they turned in evidence they kept the blue slip so they were forced to print out this form and fill in the information and it would get you into the door. As i said earlier, and as others have said, you will not be able to enter together, they will stop you, and if the guard sees both of you get out of the same taxi they will also stop you, so you MUST not be seen talking to her until you are in the door. As far as getting an interview it is very unlikely, but sitting inside sure beats the heck out of sitting outside and having the shoe shine boys ask you ever 3 minutes to sine sues sir.

Scott, Jim, do either of you remember the name of this form?

Sorry. I don't know about this form. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

The form is not needed to get in, they provide it at the window when you check in just shy of the benches on the left before those rooms that they took Jims wife in...

Here is the form easier to fill out before the arrival to save some time....

Keep in mind that the form can only be used From 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.. the USC should show up at least 15 minutes early... also keep in mind that this just gets one to a window to talk to a preprogrammed consular robot designed to repeat specific preauthorized statements only...

When it comes to the original question about going in with her.. you will have a better chance of hitting the lotto than being able to go in with her... IMO it is better that the two are not together as it could lead to more info being thrown into the mix that could have a negative impact on the visa... A DCF may allow it as Roger said but since you are a K1.. it aint gonna happen...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

One way to sneak in with your fiancee on the interview day (not waiting across the street) is to let the guard know that you come for American services such as notarial services or passport services, then sneak to the right to get to visa section :D (only work for interviews in the morning since the American services hours is from 8:30 to 11:30AM)...

Timeline

One way to sneak in with your fiancee on the interview day (not waiting across the street) is to let the guard know that you come for American services such as notarial services or passport services, then sneak to the right to get to visa section :D (only work for interviews in the morning since the American services hours is from 8:30 to 11:30AM)...

That is basically what we are telling him, the form though is for the two afternoons, but if she has a morning interview she can go in for citizen services and just go right instead of left and then sit all day with her

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Hmmm sneaking into the consular area for interviews under false pretenses... does this sound like a good idea when applying for a visa for ones spouse? worth the risk of the CO thinking if they lie about the reason to get in what else will they lie about.... :no:

Timeline

Hmmm sneaking into the consular area for interviews under false pretenses... does this sound like a good idea when applying for a visa for ones spouse? worth the risk of the CO thinking if they lie about the reason to get in what else will they lie about.... :no:

Not really a lie as long as he goes into U.S. Citizen services and asks for something, or registers that he is in Vietnam, he just decided not to go back outside and wait across the street after he got the info he was looking for and decided to add confort to his fiancee while she waited for the interview :blush:

But you do make a valid point Scott, it is just how you actually go about doing it, and I was more or less just quoting the sneaking part, and simply telling him how to get into the building, rather than telling him to actually lie to get in there.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.