keka

K1 its finish today T_T

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello guys!! I have a lot of questions . . well my visa is over today and we was planing to go to NY for new years . . but its true that i can be deported if they ask for my passport? . . Also we send all the paper work in november 22 for being delivery at 23 at morning and we dont have any single letter from the office even the check

is not cashed yet . . we check in the site for see when they delivery our AOS and its was in 23 at 10 am and was sign for somebody there , we send it by the express address that said the web site . . it this normal? . . even from the first time that we send the paper work for our K! take that long . .

I dont have any ID with my new name . . what kind of ID can i get? . . what kind of proof i need to get for my interview in the AOS . . honestly im so scared and confuse . . im living in Boston . . should i be worried? . . did we send to late the AOS? . . We married in november 7 so we do it in the 90 days that i get for my visa . .

Thank you so much for all the people that always have something to say to me . . T_T thank you so much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello guys!! I have a lot of questions . . well my visa is over today and we was planing to go to NY for new years . . but its true that i can be deported if they ask for my passport? . . Also we send all the paper work in november 22 for being delivery at 23 at morning and we dont have any single letter from the office even the check

is not cashed yet . . we check in the site for see when they delivery our AOS and its was in 23 at 10 am and was sign for somebody there , we send it by the express address that said the web site . . it this normal? . . even from the first time that we send the paper work for our K! take that long . .

I dont have any ID with my new name . . what kind of ID can i get? . . what kind of proof i need to get for my interview in the AOS . . honestly im so scared and confuse . . im living in Boston . . should i be worried? . . did we send to late the AOS? . . We married in november 7 so we do it in the 90 days that i get for my visa . .

Thank you so much for all the people that always have something to say to me . . T_T thank you so much

No you wont be deported and your visa was up when you entered the country. You have married within the 90 days and sent off for AOS? No worries is just a waiting game now. I am not sure about travel within the US and why you would need a passport but I can't see why you can't go to NY.How long? As your mail may arrive while away just make sure you have contact with someone in Boston to check your mail for you. Just make sure you have plenty of ID on you SSN and copy of AOS and marriage certificate. It seems that everything is go slow at the moment.

Edited by barbarajlw

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you came here on a k1 visa then your visa expired the day you arrived. You received a I-94 in your passport valid for 90 days. You married within that period so you are safe. I am assuming you filed for AOS already so that's even better. To be on the safe side(if you have not received noa1 yet)carry your marriage certificate with you when traveling, just don't go near any borders or leave the USA.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

If you came here on a k1 visa then your visa expired the day you arrived. You received a I-94 in your passport valid for 90 days. You married within that period so you are safe. I am assuming you filed for AOS already so that's even better. To be on the safe side(if you have not received noa1 yet)carry your marriage certificate with you when traveling, just don't go near any borders or leave the USA.

Thank you :D im not planing for leave the US just i want to go with my husband 2 or 3 days for the holidays thats it . . the god thing is that i have many copies of our married certificate . . so i should bring the NOA1 when we get it? . .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you :D im not planing for leave the US just i want to go with my husband 2 or 3 days for the holidays thats it . . the god thing is that i have many copies of our married certificate . . so i should bring the NOA1 when we get it? . .

Yes you should. Enjoy New York :) Bring a very warm jacket :D

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

+1 above.

If you have your AOS NOA1 [which should almost certainly show up before you leave] and your marriage certificate, in addition to your passport with the used K-1 and [will be expired by then] I-94, you have all the documentation you need to prove that your immigration status is totally legal and valid, should you happen to run into CBP or ICE, which isn't terribly likely anyways. You're good to go!

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

Can you give me some advice please!

My k1 visa stamp has the limit of stay until the 1st December 2010 and I am in the process of filing for AOS but not filled jet. Will I have a problem with the AOS as i have run out of time.

We got married inside the 90 days and I am wondering if I could be deported for staying longer then the passport stamp said.

Jerry

Timeline

Thanks a lot everyone!! I feel much better :D

+1 above.

If you have your AOS NOA1 [which should almost certainly show up before you leave] and your marriage certificate, in addition to your passport with the used K-1 and [will be expired by then] I-94, you have all the documentation you need to prove that your immigration status is totally legal and valid, should you happen to run into CBP or ICE, which isn't terribly likely anyways. You're good to go!

What is CBP and ICE?

And thank so much for your replay :D

No you wont be deported and your visa was up when you entered the country. You have married within the 90 days and sent off for AOS? No worries is just a waiting game now. I am not sure about travel within the US and why you would need a passport but I can't see why you can't go to NY.How long? As your mail may arrive while away just make sure you have contact with someone in Boston to check your mail for you. Just make sure you have plenty of ID on you SSN and copy of AOS and marriage certificate. It seems that everything is go slow at the moment.

Thank youuu :D

Yes you should. Enjoy New York :) Bring a very warm jacket :D

Thank you so much :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

keka

USCIS fees changed on November 23, AOS fee increased from 1010 to 1070 bucks. I have seen here that some people whose AOS papers were received by USCIS on November, 23, got their package back because they paid the old fee. If your check has not been cashed, MAYBE this is the problem with your package too. Maybe, and hopefully, not. Just be ready to get the papers back and have to pay $1070 instead of $1010 and mail the package once again.

For an ID, try to read the official website of your state, here in Michigan I got my state ID having submitted my passport, visa, marriage certificate and Social Security card.

Good luck and happy holidays no matter what!

Feb, 20, 2010 - engagement

May, 8, 2010 - I 129F SENT

May, 12, 2010 - NOA 1

August, 5, 2010 - NOA 2

September, 7, 2010 - interview, APPROVED!

September, 15, 2010 - POE Chicago

November, 12, 2010 - WEDDING

January, 27, 2011 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

March, 3, 2011 - BIOMETRICS appointment

March, 25, 2011 - EAD and AP approved

April, 4, 2011 - EAD and AP in mail

April, 28, 2011 - AOS interview appointment

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
USCIS fees changed on November 23, AOS fee increased from 1010 to 1070 bucks. I have seen here that some people whose AOS papers were received by USCIS on November, 23, got their package back because they paid the old fee. If your check has not been cashed, MAYBE this is the problem with your package too. Maybe, and hopefully, not. Just be ready to get the papers back and have to pay $1070 instead of $1010 and mail the package once again

Can you post links of these threads where they talk about their fee refusal? The USCIS website says as long as it's postmarked before the 23rd Nov then the old fees are fine..(so I've been told) though lets be honest, with USCIS you know some people are gunna stuff it up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks a lot everyone!! I feel much better :D

What is CBP and ICE?

CBP = Customs and Border Protection - the border patrol police.

ICE = Immigration and Customs Enforcement - the federal immigration police.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

keka

USCIS fees changed on November 23, AOS fee increased from 1010 to 1070 bucks. I have seen here that some people whose AOS papers were received by USCIS on November, 23, got their package back because they paid the old fee. If your check has not been cashed, MAYBE this is the problem with your package too. Maybe, and hopefully, not. Just be ready to get the papers back and have to pay $1070 instead of $1010 and mail the package once again.

For an ID, try to read the official website of your state, here in Michigan I got my state ID having submitted my passport, visa, marriage certificate and Social Security card.

Good luck and happy holidays no matter what!

Yes we did we the old fee and then i back home and i saw the new fees so i run back to the post office and ask them for my package back , they was really nice and even give me my money back . . many people told me we will fine but i prefer save time and just add the new fee in case that we have it back because of that . .

But thank you for your replay and happy holidays for you too!! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

Can you give me some advice please!

My k1 visa stamp has the limit of stay until the 1st December 2010 and I am in the process of filing for AOS but not filled jet. Will I have a problem with the AOS as i have run out of time.

We got married inside the 90 days and I am wondering if I could be deported for staying longer then the passport stamp said.

Jerry

No problem. Don't wait too long to file though

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.