Surferjackie

Alien Regiatration Number on on G-325A

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi guys,

I've been a silent reader on this forum for a couple months now. Well, we've finally decided to go the K-1 route (yay!!!) and we're busy filling out the required forms and gathering evidence of our relationship etc. Some questions:

1) I was on F-1 visa before (now graduated and back in my country), and I noticed that I was issued an Alien Registration Number. My question is do I write this same number at the bottom of the G-325A or is the number not applicable anymore, since I'm no longer on the F-1 visa?

2) My dad passed away 2 years ago. Should I state "Deceased" where they ask for Fatther's City and Country of Residence or should I state the city and country where he used to reside in when he was alive?

Hope you won't find these questions stupid as we're trying to answer everything properly so as not to get any RFEs.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First off-are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? That would be needed for answering #1. For number two-you put all the information of your father-later on it will ask you if your parents are alive or not-but that does not matter at this point in your process as far as the paperwork. Good luck-take time to read over threads here and look at examples.

I-129F Sent : 2010-05-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-06-01

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-06-30

NVC Received : 2010-07-01

NVC Left : 2010-07-02

Consulate Received : 2010-07-09

Packet 3 Received : 2010-08-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-08-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-08-10

Interview Date : 2010-11-19

Interview Result: APPROVED!!!! THANK YOU GOD!

VISA in hand 2010-11-29 (due to Thanksgiving)

Flight Reservations 2010-11-29

POE 2010-12-16 YAY WELCOME TO AMERICA!

MARRIED 2011-01-27 Married and happy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks for replying, M2marryN.

I'm the beneficiary and my US fiance is petitioning for me. I know that both him and I have to fill out a separate G-325A. Thus my question on the Alien Registration Number. Cos I was issued an Employment Authorization Card when I was on F-1 visa, and on the card, there is a A#. So just wondering if that same A# should be written down or should I state "None" (since that card is no longer valid)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.