32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It seems to be an unfortunate side affect of working in certain government positions that instead of saying "I don't know" they feel they have to make up something. You will run into it at the SS office, the DMV, even the Post Office. I cannot begin to list the complete BS that people here have been told by the clerks at the SS office alone. There is a REASON VJ posts the rules regarding SS cards, for example.

Our son was told by the clerk at the DMV he HAD to have a Social Security number to get a drivers license. He did not have one yet as he had not received his green card yet. (K2s have to have a green card or EAD for SSN) BS! The state does not require a SS number and does not require an EAD or Green card. We got a supervisor and she told the clerk to write "none" (we had already done that). Just minutes later, while I waited for him to take his test, the SAME clerk told ANOTHER woman (also an immigrant) that SHE had to have a SSN! I overheard this and interrupted them and pointed out we had just been through the same thing. The clerk looks at ME like I am the one that has a problem! She let the woman take her test.

Stick to people that have done it, study the rules and keep them with you. It will be necessary for you to train government workers throughout the process and you need to be prepared to do this or your loved ones will be denied their benefits by ignorant boobs. It is not just the Casa Blanca consulate where this exists.

well thanks for your advice, in fact we got our part in this, cuz when i went into my interview at casablanca's embassy, they toled me after 5 minutes ( 4 questions) " sir you are approuved we will give you a call in one or twoo weeks and they keept my passport" now its been 6 weeks, and nothing no call, when my fiancee call them they toled her that iam in AP and it take between twoo weeks to twoo mounths, anyways it was not what i was toled in the end of my interview. so i agree with you i never believe what they said nomatter what till i will got the visa stamped in ma passport.

what's matters to you? what are you doing or what people think about what are you doing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.