AdoV1

Please help...Case sent back to USCIS from state deparment for review????

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

question : i have already been approved, is the processing from the NVC - USE gonna take the same time as the USCIS? how long is the whole process? till this journey ends . . .

krisca the whole process at nvc should be about a month long, even sooner if you have all the paperwork ready and follow the lingche nvc shortcut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut,,,

I got my first notice from NVC on feb 23 telling us that our case has been received, and 3 days ago (march 9) i sent the last batch of papers, now we're waiting for the email telling us when the interview is going to be...so it's been 2 weeks and 3 days since we got the first notice and till now (waiting for interview) as you can see it's much shorter than a month :) I highly suggest following the NVC shortcut to get it done ASAP. :)

Edited by AdoV1

wow thank you very much. i hope my journey will be as smooth as yours. :) so, we should be preparing any papers we'll be needing then. we're gonna use a co-sponsor :blush: , thanks again

wow thank you very much. i hope my journey will be as smooth as yours. :) so, we should be preparing any papers we'll be needing then. we're gonna use a co-sponsor :blush: , thanks again

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Timeline

Hi,

Can some tell me what would happen now, Do i need to wait for more documents,

What is the next step, i have not filed my tax returns yet, can i send i-864 with previous 2009 tax return?

If you just received your approval from USCIS, you need to wait for NVC to send you a letter or email telling you they have received your case and sending you information on paying the first fee of 88.00 $. I'd suggest calling the NVC and registering your email with them so you don't have to wait on letters by mail, also ask them if they have received your case and ask for your NVC number. When I received my approval it took NVC 10 days to notify me that they have received my case. :) After you pay 88.00 then you send your DS-3032 ( agent of choice), and you can do that by email, when I called them to ask if it's okay to send by email they said that that's how they usually receive those forms. As for your I864, that also comes after you pay the 88$ , and they only ask for 1 year of tax returns, not 3 like they used to. I sent my 2010, 2009 and 2008 just in case. If you haven't done your taxes yet, you just send the 2009, or if you want 3 years then 2009, 2008,2007 :)..Hope that helps...

BTW for NVC processing follow this shortcut,

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

if you do everything step by step on this then you'll get done faster :)

Filed: Timeline

I am waiting to pay the IV bill, and am ready to send of the DS230. Shortcut is very helpful!

Do you happen to know typically how long after NVC approves the visa, when the interview is scheduled? I took a look at the stats for India, for CR1, and its like 3 months!?

krisca the whole process at nvc should be about a month long, even sooner if you have all the paperwork ready and follow the lingche nvc shortcut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut,,,

I got my first notice from NVC on feb 23 telling us that our case has been received, and 3 days ago (march 9) i sent the last batch of papers, now we're waiting for the email telling us when the interview is going to be...so it's been 2 weeks and 3 days since we got the first notice and till now (waiting for interview) as you can see it's much shorter than a month :) I highly suggest following the NVC shortcut to get it done ASAP. :)

i'm going to use a co-sponsor will it require 3 years tax returns? or just 1? thats good news if they only need 1 though. . .

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Timeline

i'm going to use a co-sponsor will it require 3 years tax returns? or just 1? thats good news if they only need 1 though. . .

Krisca I used a co sponsor, since I'm a full time student and have no income, but I sent in the sponsors 3 year tax returns. Like I said, 1 year is required but I sent 3 just in case they question something. If you have no income than the co-sponsor has to earn more than 18,310, but if you do, then they count your income and the co-sponsors and it still has to amount to more than 18,310. Those are the guidelines and that's how much money is needed to support 3 people. The 3 ppl would be you, your spouse and the cosponsor.

Timeline

I am waiting to pay the IV bill, and am ready to send of the DS230. Shortcut is very helpful!

Do you happen to know typically how long after NVC approves the visa, when the interview is scheduled? I took a look at the stats for India, for CR1, and its like 3 months!?

I'm not sure for India, but the interview is scheduled so that there's time for NVC to mail your spouses information to the embassy where they will interview him, and also time for him/her to do their medical. I know some people who have gotten their interview scheduled 2,3 weeks after they finished all the paperwork. We're still waiting on ours to see when it's scheduled, I'll post back here to let you know how long it takes :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I sure hope its more like weeks instead of months! NVC still hasnt updated online so I can pay my IV bill. It's supposed to be 3-5 days and its been 8 business days since payment of the AOS and receipt of the DS3032. Each time I call, they say it will be updated shortly.

I'm not sure for India, but the interview is scheduled so that there's time for NVC to mail your spouses information to the embassy where they will interview him, and also time for him/her to do their medical. I know some people who have gotten their interview scheduled 2,3 weeks after they finished all the paperwork. We're still waiting on ours to see when it's scheduled, I'll post back here to let you know how long it takes :)

Here is an update of our case (hopefully it will help others with an estimated timeline):

1- It took 2 weeks for our case to go from USCIS after it has been approved to NVC (on 3/5/2011 NVC issued a case number).

2- I called NVC and gave them our email addresse (much easier to speed up process).

3- Two days later they generated DS-3032 and then I sent it by email (and by mail just in case).

4- The AOS bill was generated about the same time (paid online).

5- Waited two business days until status showed 'Paid' then sent AOS package (overnight mail).

6- About Three days later IV bill was ready. Paid online and waited for status to change to 'Paid'.

7- Sent IV package three days ago (overnight mail).

So far it has been four weeks since case was approved by USCIS and two weeks since NVC process started. Currently waiting. Hopefully will hear soon that the case is complete at NVC and an appointment will be set at the Embassy :)

By the way I used LingChe shortcut too (http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut)

Good luck everyone.

Edited by McManaman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Bravo, krisca! Heartfelt congrats! I'm not sure how long the NVC process will take, but I assume it is not going to be as lengthy as the USCIS one. Maybe 2-3 months? We'll see... The important thing is that we have been approved! Hurrayy!

question : i have already been approved, is the processing from the NVC - USE gonna take the same time as the USCIS? how long is the whole process? till this journey ends . . .

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for your reply, also i would like to know, will they send all correspondence at USA address or my wife's UK address,

thanks

If you just received your approval from USCIS, you need to wait for NVC to send you a letter or email telling you they have received your case and sending you information on paying the first fee of 88.00 $. I'd suggest calling the NVC and registering your email with them so you don't have to wait on letters by mail, also ask them if they have received your case and ask for your NVC number. When I received my approval it took NVC 10 days to notify me that they have received my case. :) After you pay 88.00 then you send your DS-3032 ( agent of choice), and you can do that by email, when I called them to ask if it's okay to send by email they said that that's how they usually receive those forms. As for your I864, that also comes after you pay the 88$ , and they only ask for 1 year of tax returns, not 3 like they used to. I sent my 2010, 2009 and 2008 just in case. If you haven't done your taxes yet, you just send the 2009, or if you want 3 years then 2009, 2008,2007 :)..Hope that helps...

BTW for NVC processing follow this shortcut,

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

if you do everything step by step on this then you'll get done faster :)

Timeline

Thanks for your reply, also i would like to know, will they send all correspondence at USA address or my wife's UK address,

thanks

If you call them and give them your email and you register as her agent of choice on the DS -3032 then they will send everything to your USA address.

Edited by AdoV1

• 2 weeks later...

I have received an email yesterday (a check list) from NVC in which they were saying that they have received and reviewed my AOS package but are still waiting for my IV package (visa application and civil documents) although I had already sent them the IV package via certified express mail several days ago. According to USPS tracking system they had received it and signed for it 10 days ago. I called NVC this morning and they said it is normal for that to happen and the IV package must be in the building but not processed yet. I am a little nervous about the possibility that it might have gotten lost somewhere after delivery. Is it normal to stay for 10 days in the building without being logged in any way to their system? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Timeline

I have received an email yesterday (a check list) from NVC in which they were saying that they have received and reviewed my AOS package but are still waiting for my IV package (visa application and civil documents) although I had already sent them the IV package via certified express mail several days ago. According to USPS tracking system they had received it and signed for it 10 days ago. I called NVC this morning and they said it is normal for that to happen and the IV package must be in the building but not processed yet. I am a little nervous about the possibility that it might have gotten lost somewhere after delivery. Is it normal to stay for 10 days in the building without being logged in any way to their system? Any ideas?

Thanks!

That's what happened to me too, the woman I talked to on the phone said that it takes up to 20 days for the mail to be processed so I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.