Ireti

FIANCEE DENIED K-1 IN LAGOS, NIGERIA

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My method was recommended by Marc Ellis who knows more about immigration than pushbrk ever will. It was what he said to do in my case. He has recommended other things for other people. The best way is to pay for a consult and ask him about your specific case. What works for one doesn't work in all cases.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My friend out there-I am sure you are upset, and after reading all these people's posts who often sound like bullies you probably feel even worse. Well first off welcome to Visa Journey-wish you would have met us-the supportive ones a long time ago-as people help each other here so that everything is done well. My fiance was in on the 19th as well-probably along side your fiance. We were approved for the K1 visa, and I did a lot of work. I am a PhD student, so I understand your issue, I front loaded everything in the I129 F, I looked at all the examples here, and I really researched my stuff. It wasn't easy it was harder work than preparing all grad school applications. Details are so important. I included just on my side, 50 pics, then he had about 100 more. We had over 100 emails printed out, all communication archives, pics of us together in different scenery different times of the year-with receipts of everything. I am sorry you didn't learn of visa journey earlier, but I hope you can use it to help you with the future. It sounds like you will have to start over in some fashion. If it is through the K1, redoing your I 129f, please take advantage of all that they offer here-and since you have many forms done, it will hopefully go smoother? Nigeria is a very hard country. My fiance said he heard denials after denials as he sat there for 5 hours. If they have anyway to find fault in an area, they deny-unfortunately that's the truth. We worried they'd deny my fiance simply because he has always worn a fashion ring on his left finger-and we were scared they'd say we were married. Luckily they did not, but they could have. I am only telling this to help you for the future-as you are new in here, you need to understand there is so much fraud in Nigeria-they are very strict. You have to really go out of your way to prove that you are a real couple, and as far as affidavit of support-well the law is the law, you have to have a certain amount. I wish you would have asked to cancel the interview and get another one when you couldn't get the other person (it helps if it's family as it shows there is more connection to the fiance) to be a co-sponsor. Good luck in you next attempts and be glad now you are part of visa journey as it will help you throughout the next process of redoing things.

I-129F Sent : 2010-05-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-06-01

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-06-30

NVC Received : 2010-07-01

NVC Left : 2010-07-02

Consulate Received : 2010-07-09

Packet 3 Received : 2010-08-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-08-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-08-10

Interview Date : 2010-11-19

Interview Result: APPROVED!!!! THANK YOU GOD!

VISA in hand 2010-11-29 (due to Thanksgiving)

Flight Reservations 2010-11-29

POE 2010-12-16 YAY WELCOME TO AMERICA!

MARRIED 2011-01-27 Married and happy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.