blessedblessed

how to wait patiently & positively

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello All!

I was lucky enough to spend 7 months (I studied there) with my fiance in his country (Morocco). I returned home (US) 3 months ago. I'm trying to keep myself busy with work and school (I'm a university student), but still feel distracted with this waiting process. It's hard for me to feel focused or grounded in the things I do now that I'm home. I think part of what I'm experiencing is reverse-culture shock and the other part is simply missing my fiance. I'm curious about how you all have managed to keep focused, positive, and patient while your loved one(s) are so far away. I look forward to hearing any of your anecdotes, stories or tips! :)

August 23, 2010- K1 papers sent to CSC

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

March 7, 2011-Interview--Approved!!

March 11, 2011-Visa in hand

March 22, 2011-Arrived in the US!!!!!

August 22, 2011-Filed for AOS

November 25, 2011-EAD in hand

December 02, 2011-Green Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello All!

I was lucky enough to spend 7 months (I studied there) with my fiance in his country (Morocco). I returned home (US) 3 months ago. I'm trying to keep myself busy with work and school (I'm a university student), but still feel distracted with this waiting process. It's hard for me to feel focused or grounded in the things I do now that I'm home. I think part of what I'm experiencing is reverse-culture shock and the other part is simply missing my fiance. I'm curious about how you all have managed to keep focused, positive, and patient while your loved one(s) are so far away. I look forward to hearing any of your anecdotes, stories or tips! :)

Use Skype Video every day.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

The waiting is the hardest part....I kept myself busy with work and friends, and just kept myself sane with phone calls, emails and video chats. For me the hardest part was trying not to think about him when everytime I did something fun, holidays or activities, I kept thinking how I wish we could share those together. But, looking back, it all went so quickly and now he is here. The wait made us stronger and definitely now we appreciate every moment together. Good luck...may you have a fast approval. :star:

Jackie

Filed: Timeline

Hi Jessica, after traveling to Morocco and spending some quality time there each time, I found myself missing him terribly as well, when I returned home. We have spent countless hours every night on skype and I took a magic jack to him back in March. He now calls me every day and I just love hearing from him, its a nice change for sure instead of all those expensive calling cards I used. Mohammed, is by far the most patient man I have ever met. He brings out the best in me for sure and will probably teach me a good deal about being more patient and learning to relax more (like they do in Morocco). I just can't believe in a week, I will see him for the last time at the airport with tears of happiness knowing we shall never apart from one another again. The flight home from Morocco, has always been a dreaded day for me, I felt like my heart was empty as I sat on the plane and looked through the window at the airport as we flew away. When, I reached JFK airport, I couldn't wait to call him and hear his voice even though I just left him 8 hours prior. Today, is our 2 year anniversary since we said hello online. I am so blessed to have met him............

I know your journey will be successful and your love will bloom over and over again while missing him. Stay strong and focus on each day strengthening your love and relationship while you are away from each other (that's the secret and the key to these long distant relationships).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Use Skype Video every day.

^

This.

But, you will still feel the 'pain' and distractions. I've been doing skype/msn video chat everyday (when im not there with her) ever since I started dating my fiancee. It helps a lot being able to see and hear your fiancee but it doesn't make up for that lost interaction/physical touch etc you have in person, but it's better than nothing.

Waiting is hard, but as my fiancee says to me all the time "I think about where I will be at this time next year and I will be there with you".

When you look back on the process it will look like it went by FAST, but when you are stuck in it, it feels like it just drags on and on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh yes, the waiting is so hard but to get through it we try to see each other everyday on the computer. If we can't see each other we talk by phone. We have been married for over a year and there hasn't been a day where we haven't communicated. We also send each other emails and cards by snail mail.

There were some dark days during my wait for the K1.. i wish i could say it was easy and i kept myself busy but it wasnt easy and i still think about all that nonsense it was a real hard time.. You need some strong mental attitude to make it through.

Thankfully though, everything will work out and you will be with your loved on again.. Like a few have said skype is a god send.. use it wisely..

good luck.

Karen and I have taken to setting ourselves targets to achieve, be they progress on her education or sorting out my junk in the loft. Just little things you can see progressing to help the passage of time. We're right now counting down the days until we see each other for Christmas. And I'm sure being together will make the time go by faster. Skype video is brilliant, it seems a lot closer than MSN video.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

this is what im doing...

1 talk as much on the phone with your better half :) (thanks to vonage haha.. eventhough they have a limit for international calling)

2. go to the gym and workout (dont tell her/him) and get in the best shape possible.. it will be a good surprise for her/him when he/she sees you after 6-7 months. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Skype has to be the best invention, there is no doubt about that. And my iphone, I keep it constantly connected to msn, that way if he ever gets online, I am online also =)

I do have a hard time doing any sort of activity...I went to Universal & Disney for the first time this past weekend, and I couldn't fully enjoy it, because I could only think of him. I'm sure my bill this month will be HUGE, since I called him after everything that I saw lol.

The wait has gotten a little bit harder for me recently. I graduated college in May, and got a job in a different state...so now I am living in a state where I know no one, and living by myself. I spend a lot of my time alone now, and its hard to find motivations to step away from the computer.

VJ has helped A LOT. I spend a good part of my day chatting with people on here, and reading the latest drama. Hopefully my NOA2 will come soon...

Good luck to everyone else on their journey

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The wait is definitely hard. Being apart from someone you feel like is your other half, is quite frankly, miserable. We talk every day on the phone. We sent our package in August, and have seen each other twice since then, so i feel fortunate for that. Only a few more months left to go. I also try not to tease myself by expecting an approval before the 5 month mark.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All!

"Knows that all things are possible through Christ who strengthens me"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well what to do It is hard, We just set little goals, and yea skype I use bb messenger a lot also as well as phone calls. the hardest thing are Major events like my fiance missed our son being born sept 3rd the best gift he gave me yet, we are going to see him in 2 weeks and both are so anxious. It is hard but you know by this time next year u guys will be planning the holiday together.

"Knows that all things are possible through Christ who strengthens me"

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

You know you may or may not know christ as your savior but I believe in him. I read my bible daily and like you being human I felt anxiety every day. I went to the website every day and it nearly took my mind and health especially when we got all the way to the interview process and our interview was not favorable. We are now providing additonal evidence for USCIS and it hurts when you get the blank stares from people and the lack of information but know this. God he knows your pain, and he said come all ye who are burdened and heavy laden and I will give you rest. The story of Noah tells of a patient man who waited inside the ark until the flood waters receeded, but how did he know the waters had receeded, because he sent a dove out every 7 days, not everyday, so that helped me to see that if a man without television and gyms and modern distractions can be patient so can I. Pray and see how often God would have you to enquire on your case, and remember waiting on God doesnt mean doing nothing at all but it does mean receiving peace that passes all understanding. God Bless you and finish the race because really thats all this is, a small leg of that race called life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.