Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the new number. No PIN required guys. Just followed the prompts and got an operator. Looks bad for my "special" situation guys. Operator said that our scheduled date is "blocked" and their is no way for her to reschedule it. If I wanted to change it, I would have to do a "no show" on the 10th then try to set up a new interview, in which she also said that I might not have a chance at all the get my preferred date or any December date at all. This is bullshit. Now I have to tell my fiancee to go on the 10th (by herself). I still have to prepare the docs and send it out ASAP. Any suggestions on what carrier is good (LBC?). I'm new to this. Thanks for listening guys, but right now it looks like the 10th is set without me to join my fiancee :crying:

Why this change? Why this time? I've been waiting for six months for this time and this bull has to come up. Just my luck. Just needed to vent guys. Thanks. Good luck to everyone!

sorry bro. Call or fax/email the embassy see if they can help. they do have an faq on this

Q: Can I request an earlier interview appointment? Or if I did not come for my scheduled interview, can I request a new interview appointment?

Applicants should call the Immigrant Visa Call Center or fax the Immigrant Visa Unit to request another appointment. They should specify the reason why another interview appointment is being requested. If you are eligible for another interview, the Embassy will queue your case for the new appointment. When the appointment is set, the Embassy will notify you of the interview date.

Can you change your flight?

LBC is good, DHL is good, AIR21/Fedex good but expensive

good luck!

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the new number. No PIN required guys. Just followed the prompts and got an operator. Looks bad for my "special" situation guys. Operator said that our scheduled date is "blocked" and their is no way for her to reschedule it. If I wanted to change it, I would have to do a "no show" on the 10th then try to set up a new interview, in which she also said that I might not have a chance at all the get my preferred date or any December date at all. This is bullshit. Now I have to tell my fiancee to go on the 10th (by herself). I still have to prepare the docs and send it out ASAP. Any suggestions on what carrier is good (LBC?). I'm new to this. Thanks for listening guys, but right now it looks like the 10th is set without me to join my fiancee :crying:

Why this change? Why this time? I've been waiting for six months for this time and this bull has to come up. Just my luck. Just needed to vent guys. Thanks. Good luck to everyone!

NOOO.....

will this be the same scenario that I'm gonna face?

Oh God please no...

:(

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

Any suggestions on what carrier is good (LBC?).

Call a few places and ask what the delivery time will be, including Global Express by the post office, which is delivered FedEx also.

FedEx Three-Day Express will get it there in three days. :thumbs: I never used LBC, but I've heard that they are reliable too. Don't send your stuff through the U.S. Postal Service because they turn it over to the Philippines Post Office when it arrives in Manila. :o

@BB & MJ...Go to Plan B.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys,

I just called the Call Center.

The woman I talked to was very nice, but just as confusing to talk to as reading the conflicting web sites.

What she said was that the call center has no control over scheduling the interviews.

They can help you schedule an interview if you are having trouble, I think they go online to the Embassy scheduling site while you are on the phone and schedule the interview for you.

Or you can go on to the Embassy Scheduling site yourself.

Everything is done thru the Embassy.

She also said that the Call Center will issue you a Unique Identification Number 4 hours after you pay the Fee.

So I would pay the fee as soon as possible after Dec 1, then call the call Center and get your UID.

Go onto the Embassy Scheduling site and try to re-schedule your appointment.

This is the way I understand it, I hope it is correct.

Trying to help you guys.

Timeline

Guys,

I just called the Call Center.

The woman I talked to was very nice, but just as confusing to talk to as reading the conflicting web sites.

What she said was that the call center has no control over scheduling the interviews.

They can help you schedule an interview if you are having trouble, I think they go online to the Embassy scheduling site while you are on the phone and schedule the interview for you.

Or you can go on to the Embassy Scheduling site yourself.

Everything is done thru the Embassy.

She also said that the Call Center will issue you a Unique Identification Number 4 hours after you pay the Fee.

So I would pay the fee as soon as possible after Dec 1, then call the call Center and get your UID.

Go onto the Embassy Scheduling site and try to re-schedule your appointment.

This is the way I understand it, I hope it is correct.

Trying to help you guys.

I asked the same thing, they said you can't reschedule it unless it's passed the date of your interview. So if my schedule is 9th, I can't call until the 10th to reschedule. nooooooo!!!

Timeline

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Timeline

I asked the same thing, they said you can't reschedule it unless it's passed the date of your interview. So if my schedule is 9th, I can't call until the 10th to reschedule. nooooooo!!!

so where are we gonna pay the fee? BPI or BDO? are we going to the same process since BPI most probably wont know the process that BDO do when applicant pay.. sigh... why oh why!

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

After a 3 hour chat with my fiancee, we decided on keeping the date for the 10th. I will speak with my employer tomorrow morning and see if I can take next week off unpaid so I can fulfill my plan on being with my fiancee for the interview. Wish me luck guys to see if I can get approved. I will have to reschedule my flight on PAL and possibly pay a huge fee (oh well, i don't care about the money). So tomorrow is D-Day for me. Got alot of final preparation to do (pack, paperwork, shop) the next few days. I wish all of you good luck and success. My fiancee will take her medical on Thursday. Oh by the way, starting tomorrow (Dec 1st Manila Time) ALL Visa Payments will be made at BPI, even in my situation. Since my date is "locked", the operator told me to pay the $350 (for K1 visa) just as it were the old instructions. The new instructions states that just a copy of the fiancee's Passport BIO page is needed and the payment. No need for the DS-Forms to show. That's it.

So here's my plan. My fiancee will pay the fee tomorrow (BPI). Medical, Thursday/Friday. Then I will arrive there hopefully Tuesday/Wednesday depending on available flights and attend the Interview Friday Dec. 10th. After that, it's celebration time!! Wish me luck guys! I will be thinking of all of you! Good luck and god bless!

Edited by BB & MJ

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

I wonder if you can reschedule your interview before the December 10 using the online system. How would that work, since you already paid BDO, and not BP!? I see that the online scheduling system asks you for a CEAC number. Would you have the CEAC number or password that the online system apparently requires if you already paid at BDO? Is the CEAC number supposed to be provided by BPI on their receipt when you pay the visa fee at BPI? So many questions.

Hey BB & MJ...good luck..have a safe trip and enjoy....I hope everything works out...and don't forget to practice your Tagalog! :P:D

Timeline

I wonder if you can reschedule your interview before the December 10 using the online system. How would that work, since you already paid BDO, and not BP!? I see that the online scheduling system asks you for a CEAC number. Would you have the CEAC number or password that the online system apparently requires if you already paid at BDO? Is the CEAC number supposed to be provided by BPI on their receipt when you pay the visa fee at BPI? So many questions.

they said BPI receipt is the number you need. What about BDO's? And how about those who hasn't paid the schedule yet through BDO? will they pay to BPI or BDO? what will be the process? They really don't care about the applicants. tsktsktsk

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

they said BPI receipt is the number you need. What about BDO's? And how about those who hasn't paid the schedule yet through BDO? will they pay to BPI or BDO? what will be the process? They really don't care about the applicants. tsktsktsk

I agree...tsktsktsk...this transition is confusing. BB & MJ said above that you now are required to pay BPI.

Timeline

My interview is on Dec 9. I planned to go to medical tomorrow and here I am sick. sigh... I wish to get better soon. I already accepted my fate that he can't go with me in my interview that we planned long time ago. It's just a matter of hours but still this is how fate plays the game. We need luck...:(

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

My interview is on Dec 9. I planned to go to medical tomorrow and here I am sick. sigh... I wish to get better soon. I already accepted my fate that he can't go with me in my interview that we planned long time ago. It's just a matter of hours but still this is how fate plays the game. We need luck...:(

:star: Good luck with your medical!!! :star::thumbs:

Timeline

:star: Good luck with your medical!!! :star::thumbs:

:ot:

can i still go to medical if i have sorethroat?

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Yeah guys, this whole transition thing was bad timing. I really hope everything works out for everyone here. I guess I am kind of lucky for not having my fiancee pay through BDO (Visa Fee). As I mentioned above, the operator told me that my fiancee will be able to pay the fee (through BPI) with just a copy of her passport BIO page and payment (per the new rules; no need for the DS-Forms). I told her to bring the Embassy Appt Email just in case as well. My only fear now is that I hope BPI recognizes the new transition at EACH BRANCH for tomorrow (Dec. 1st Philippines). I told my fiancee to contact me ASAP if she has a hard time. Im also concerned about the timing of her medical. Since our interview is for next week (10th) is it enough time for her to take the medical and get the results if she goes this Thursday Dec 2nd? I hope that should be enough (god's willing she passes without any problems). Anyways, that's our plan for the upcoming days.

mcdsnight - You are in the same boat as me, my friend. You have two choices basically. Keep the interview date, pay through BPI (if not paid yet) and attend your medical. We're basically on the same timeframe (I just have a day more than you). The 2nd option would be to do a "no show" on the 9th, according to the operator then TRY to reschedule. I emphasize TRY, because I was told that they could not promise that you could get an open date EVEN FOR DECEMBER. She said most likely for JANUARY. When I heard that, I thought to myself "Forget this. No way I'm going to take that chance." I guess things happen for a reason. I should be happy that I got a December date. Now, I'm forced to make the adjustment and rush the coming days. Take it as it is and look at it this way, "If we're approved on December 10th, it will be ALL WORTH IT." Enjoy my holidays then bring her back for the New Year.... :thumbs:

Everyone - Good luck! Everything will work out for the better. I will pray for all of you! God bless you all!

Hey BB & MJ...good luck..have a safe trip and enjoy....I hope everything works out...and don't forget to practice your Tagalog! :P:D

Maraming salamat buddy!

:ot:

can i still go to medical if i have sorethroat?

I have no idea but I would call St. Lukes (just to save you the time/trouble). Good luck!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.