Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I have a question, my parents already has an interview schedule and I've read here you need to fill this form in this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

To enter document delivery address. Do they have to do this before they go to their medical? They haven't got any schedule for medical but we are planning to have them fly 2 weeks from now to have their medical at St Lukes.

Now, I have my parents try to enter their info on that website to put their delivery address since they already have the interview schedule but we can't seem to proceed. It always gets stuck on the Application Validity Page, it won't accept the password we put on there. What gives?

Anyone having the same problem? Or is it just us? When we put in a password it will give us this red asterisk (invalid message): invalidx.png

Anyone who could shed some light for us, we really appreciate it.

******************************************************************************************************************

hi! i hope im not too late to help you, i had that same problem when i was scheduling my appointment online. Just click on the link strong password policy and just follow each instruction like it has to have at least 1 Capital letter, 1 special character (*, #, @..) and you should be fine. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meg will be taking her physical at SLMCEC on Tuesday and will be bringing an x-ray that she had taken during a previous check up in 2009. The only problem is that her first name on the x-ray is spelled ‘Meglicina’, and her name everywhere else is spelled ‘Meglecina’, which is the correct way to spell her first name. Will this raise any red flags during the SLMCEC the next day, or US Embassy Interview process a week later? We don't want something so simple to derail all the effort that we put into this. Maybe we should not even use the existing x-ray. Comments please. Thanks for the advice.

Meg will be taking her physical at SLMCEC on Tuesday and will be bringing an x-ray that she had taken during a previous check up in 2009. The only problem is that her first name on the x-ray is spelled ‘Meglicina’, and her name everywhere else is spelled ‘Meglecina’, which is the correct way to spell her first name. Will this raise any red flags during the SLMCEC the next day, or US Embassy Interview process a week later? We don't want something so simple to derail all the effort that we put into this. Maybe we should not even use the existing x-ray. Comments please. Thanks for the advice.

The embassy will most likely catch the difference in spelling and Meg will need a aka "also known as" issued from the NBI office. She will fill out paper work at a NBI office, typically wait 3 days for the new corrected paper work and submit it back to the embassy, probably best to do this in advance to avoid the "white slip" should she be successful in passing her interview. My wife had to do this because they added an extra letter to her maiden name. I still wonder to this day if these clerical mistakes are made on purpose or if they just have really dumb people typing up the names...but whatever the case the very best of luck to the both of you. :thumbs:

Edited by calico1

once you find her..never let her go

6 trips to phili from 10-05 to 11-08

married CDO 11-18-08

I-130 sent 12-30-08

noa1 reciept 1-08-09

I-130 approved 6-14-09 Cal serv center NVC recieved 6-28-09

3032 choice sent 7-1-09

AOS fee bill generated 7-1-09

IV bill generated 7-7-09

IV bill credited 7-14-09

AOS bill credited 7-24-09

ds 230 sent to NVC 7-28-09

AOS 864 sent to NVC 7-28-09

ds 230 & 864 recieved 8-5-09 priority/cert. mail

case completed 8-13-09

St. Lukes 10-6, 10-7 - 09' she passed :)

Interview date US embassy Manila 10-23-09..visa refused "additional NBI "aka" needed"

additional NBI aka submitted 10-26-09

VISA arrived via AIR21 to CDO 11-03-09

Wife arrives USofA 11-17-09 Our journey a to z 4.6 years

Wife's SSN card arrives 11-28-09

Wife's Green card arrives 12-05-09...faster than expected

removal of conditions

I-751 app file date 8-18-11 CSC

NOA receipt 8-20-11

I-797c biometrics 9-28-11

Timeline

The misspelling of Meg's name appears on an x-ray that was taken at a doctor's office during a check-up that Meg had in 2009, not at SLMCEC. They say in SLMCEC that if you have an existing x-ray, that you should bring it so they can compare it to the one that they will take during your physical. Since she is flying from Mindanao, and does not have 3 days extra, we will not bring the old x-ray.

Timeline

What are the fees we will have to pay once the I-129F is received at the Embassy?

Timeline:

Meetings (dating)in Person Aug 2009/Nov 2009/Jan 2010/Jun 2010 (Engaged!)

VSC

Sep 7th 2010 I-129F Submitted

Sep 9th 2010 NOA1 Received via Text

Sep 10th 2010 I-129F Accepted

Sep 2010 5th meeting in person

Oct 3rd 2010 Touched

Feb 2011 6th meeting arranged (spending Valentine's together)

Mar 17 2011 NOA2 @09:59 am Thank You St Patty! It only took 6 months 1 week 1 day

NVC

Mar 24th NVC Receives I-129F Petition

Mar 28th Case Number Assigned

Mar 29th File shipped to Manila

Manila Embassy

Apr 1 Receives Case File

Apr 6 Medical - Sputum test required

Apr 12 Begin 3 day Sputum test at St Lukes

Jun 13th medical sputum cleared / Jun 14th Medical completed

Jun 27 Interview - Visa Approved!!

Jul 14th VISA Packet Received : ) Finally! 310 days from submittal to VISA in hand

3 months 1 week and 3 days from NOA2 approval to Embassy Approval

Aug 9th Fiancee arrives in USA at POE Honolulu Hi

Aug 11th Tony and Jubi have a Beautiful Wedding in Hawaii

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed - 18 Nov 2011/USPS-confirmed delivery 23 Nov/Check Cashed - 29 Nov

20 Jan 2012 EAD and AP Approved txt msg received

14 Mar 2012 RFE for AoS / 3 Apr 2012 RFE info recv by USCIS /11 Apr 2012 AoS Approved

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are the fees we will have to pay once the I-129F is received at the Embassy?

Link to the Revised K1 Instruction Packet:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf

Timeline

VISA ON HAND! So Happy! My passport was inside the plastic, got it by breaking the plastic a little bit. Asked helped from the the courier and he said that's ok but I must not open the yellow folder and unpack it. Need the passport for CFO and Ticketing. Is that ok?

Yeah everyone does that, removes it from the plastic through a hole they make. Congratulations to you, you have improved my stats.

From Interview to Visa Delivery

Average time it takes is now 9.64 Days

Range 5 - 14 Days

I am hopeful our Visa will arrive before our plane leaves.

But still sweating it.

Timeline

Meg will be taking her physical at SLMCEC on Tuesday and will be bringing an x-ray that she had taken during a previous check up in 2009. The only problem is that her first name on the x-ray is spelled 'Meglicina', and her name everywhere else is spelled 'Meglecina', which is the correct way to spell her first name. Will this raise any red flags during the SLMCEC the next day, or US Embassy Interview process a week later? We don't want something so simple to derail all the effort that we put into this. Maybe we should not even use the existing x-ray. Comments please. Thanks for the advice.

I spent 20 years in Radiology, errors like that are common. It's no big deal.

If the names don't match up at all, now that's a big deal...LOL relax! You will be fine.

FYI, there are other things that match up, an X-ray is like a finger print, even more unique.

Timeline

The embassy will most likely catch the difference in spelling and Meg will need a aka "also known as" issued from the NBI office. She will fill out paper work at a NBI office, typically wait 3 days for the new corrected paper work and submit it back to the embassy, probably best to do this in advance to avoid the "white slip" should she be successful in passing her interview. My wife had to do this because they added an extra letter to her maiden name. I still wonder to this day if these clerical mistakes are made on purpose or if they just have really dumb people typing up the names...but whatever the case the very best of luck to the both of you. :thumbs:

Question - On a comparison X-ray your wife had an extra letter typed in her name and you had to go through all that hassle with the embassy?

THAT IS INSANE!

or was it another type of document?

Timeline

dont bring it at slmec for peace of mind. anyways the result was normal right?

i had an xray done a week or two before my medical for peace of mind lol & its normal. ididnt bring it to st luke's. its too big to carry around up & down the building. ididnt see any one carrying their old xray film during my medical (dec 28-29)

AOS

07/08/2011 - Mailed AOS via usps

07/12/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-845 via email

07/13/2011 - Personal Check Cashed

07/12/2011 - NOA1 notice date(email)

07/18/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-485 hardcopy & Biometrics received in the mail

08/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment--DONE!

08/19/2011 - Interview Letter/Notice sent

08/31/2011 - EAD card/document production ordered

09/06/2011 - EAD case touched

09/12/2011 - EAD received!

09/21/2011 - AOS Interview-APROVED ON THE SPOT/email notice: GC productionn ordered, approval notice sent

09/26/2011 - AOS Approval Notice/Welcome Notice received!

09/30/2011 - Got my GC in the mail today!

K1 JOURNEY

07/09/2010 - I-129F mailed via USPS

07/12/2010 - CSC received

07/17/2010 - NOA1 notice date

07/19/2010 - Cheque cashed

07/21/2010 - NOA1 hardcopy received =D

12/06/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy received =D =D =D

12/10/2010 - NVC received / Got MNL number yay!

12/13/2010 - NVC left / Consulate received Electronic File the same day

12/29-30/2010 - Medical @ SLMEC PASSED!!!

01/07/2011 - Interview Jan. 7 @ 6:45am -VISA APPROVED!!!READ MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

01/15/2011 - VISA on hand

01/17/2011 - CFO DONE

01/20/2011 - POE-SFO

0FYVm7.png

Timeline

dont bring it at slmec for peace of mind. anyways the result was normal right?

i had an xray done a week or two before my medical for peace of mind lol & its normal. ididnt bring it to st luke's. its too big to carry around up & down the building. ididnt see any one carrying their old xray film during my medical (dec 28-29)

It's really not that big a deal, especially if it was negative. Leave it at home if you want.

Timeline

Thank you, for all your replies, I very much appreciate your opinions as you have been through this before. What is your reply when they ask you if you have x-ray before ? Should Meg just tell them that she had x-ray before, but could not locate it to bring with her to SLMCEC ?

I only wanted Meg to bring it because it is available to us, and I have tried to conform always to what is asked of us from SLMCEC and USEM. But if you think it would be better to leave at home for convenience sake, then I will listen to your advice. It is a big envelope, and it will mean that Meg will have something else to carry besides her carry-on. Meg is flying in from CDO on Monday. Thank you so much !

Timeline

If the xray at St.Lukes is clear, there isn't any reason to bring it. They told my girl that her xrays were clear.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Chinook had an x-ray done a few weeks before her medical, yet she did not bring the x-ray to her medical exam at St. Lukes. St. Lukes did not ask her if she brought any x-rays with her. It doesn't really matter whether or not you bring an x-ray to your medical with you because St. Luke's x-ray will always prevail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.