Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone sending their fiance to Manila about the 7th thru 15th? If your interested in maybe splitting a hotel room for a week or so lmk. My girl is coming from San Miguel and will be there about a week. Just a thought.

i will be there from the 4th til end of january but ill be renting a condo..... sorry cant share as we will need that too as a temporary office for our foundation.....

thats a nice move..... sharing......

good luck to all !!!!

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Sheenaspapi, I tend to agree with you. Like so many other people, I got the usual run-around when talking to the call center. Things like; we will expedite your case, or we will call you, or the infamous, call back in 2-3 days.

When I look at my timeline it was about a week for my case to get from NVC to the USEM and about a week before the embassy “logged it in or activated” our case for scheduling. Which I think is about the normal operating time frame. So I doubt very much I was “expedited.

I never received a call back from them.

And of course I called back every day. On one occasion I apologized to a call center agent for calling so much and their response was, “no, no, keep calling back, it’s OK”.

So here is my paranoid theory on this and I am sort of joking and sort of not joking. The call centers are in the business of taking calls, if they solved our problems we would not be calling. If we do not call, they do not have a job..LOL, so it is in their best interests that we continue to call. Just my crazy thoughts on this.

hi !!!!

we experienced the same thing...... maybe the only difference is, they called us up (both me and my fiance who is currently in the states).... to confirm my interview appointment !!!! i dont know what my fiance told them, maybe used his charm !!!! as mentioned previously, my files were uploaded only 8 days AFTER we were able to book my appointment online..... huh, a different case? anybody who has the same??? please share......

and yes..... basing it on my experience.... the call center agents are learning from us.... they asked my fiance and me loads and loads of questions related to the confirmation sheet that they were not aware of..... geee!!!!! they should pay us for our time because obviously all of us are helping them understand whats going on !!!!! hahahaha !!!! just kidding....

june (and later) filers are going thru all these transitions..... first, waiting for NOA2 for almost five months (which is their processing time tho - but others got a lot lot lot earlier approvals)........ and now the embassy's transition method or processing or whatever this is referred to..... whats next ???

anyway, the most important thing here is, we are all moving forward....

have a merry merry christmas and a happy happy new year to all !!!!

AOS journey

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

hi !!!!

we experienced the same thing...... maybe the only difference is, they called us up (both me and my fiance who is currently in the states).... to confirm my interview appointment !!!! i dont know what my fiance told them, maybe used his charm !!!! as mentioned previously, my files were uploaded only 8 days AFTER we were able to book my appointment online..... huh, a different case? anybody who has the same??? please share......

and yes..... basing it on my experience.... the call center agents are learning from us.... they asked my fiance and me loads and loads of questions related to the confirmation sheet that they were not aware of..... geee!!!!! they should pay us for our time because obviously all of us are helping them understand whats going on !!!!! hahahaha !!!! just kidding....

june (and later) filers are going thru all these transitions..... first, waiting for NOA2 for almost five months (which is their processing time tho - but others got a lot lot lot earlier approvals)........ and now the embassy's transition method or processing or whatever this is referred to..... whats next ???

anyway, the most important thing here is, we are all moving forward....

have a merry merry christmas and a happy happy new year to all !!!!

just to add :

nov 17 - NOA2 approved

nov 23 - NVC sent to Manila

dec 13 - paid visa fee at bpi

dec 15 - online interview scheduling successful

dec 22 - morning - fiance was able to talk to a call center agent

dec 22 - afternoon - file uploaded

dec 23 - 9am - call center confirmation of my interview schedule by phone (both to me and

fiance, who is currently in the states)

AOS journey

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

@ jv...

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's not surprising that the Embassy obviously had your physical file for quite some time without entering it into their system. It shows that the Embassy makes mistakes. It's also a good lesson for every petitioner and every beneficiary: you must be responsible for managing your case. If that means calling the Embassy every day until you get answers, then that is what you must do.

Chinook and I also had an issue with the Embassy. Four days after Chinook's interview, caseworker #1 at the Embassy called Chinook and told her that the Embassy lost my I-134 and all of its accompanying financial documents. The caseworker requested another original I-134 and copies of my tax returns, W-2s, and paycheck stubs, etc. I called caseworker #2, the caseworker for our case, and told him that I wasn't going to send another original I-134, and that he was responsible for finding the lost financial documents.

Caseworker #2 agreed that Chinook did not need to submit any replacement documents, and that he would look for the "misplaced" documents. However, Chinook did not trust them to find the documents, so she went to the Embassy that very day and submitted copies of the lost documents. She had her visa in hand about five days later.

When I look at my timeline it was about a week for my case to get from NVC to the USEM and about a week before the embassy “logged it in or activated” our case for scheduling. Which I think is about the normal operating time frame. So I doubt very much I was “expedited.

I also doubt that your case was expedited. Two weeks is about the normal time frame.

Timeline

I also doubt that your case was expedited. Two weeks is about the normal time frame.

Yeah, I think their idea of "expedite" means they might send someone to look for it, operative word being "might".

I sure am glad I did not wait around for the non existent "authorization letter" or verbal confirmation from the call center to schedule.

I would STILL be waiting to schedule.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's sad that I don't have my visa yet and my pumpkin is already leaving on the 30th. WE still have 2days... We are still hanging on. Please God I need to go back to US with my baby. :(

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

It's sad that I don't have my visa yet and my pumpkin is already leaving on the 30th. WE still have 2days... We are still hanging on. Please God I need to go back to US with my baby. :(

It has been almost 20 days since you were approved for your visa, and your visa has not been delivered yet. I hope the delivery is simply slow and it will arrive today.

However, maybe the Embassy placed your case in administrative processing. Sometimes that happens, and I don't know why. You should call the Immigrant Unit of the Embassy and find out whether they have placed your case in administrative processing.

Good luck...and keep us posted. :thumbs:

It has been almost 20 days since you were approved for your visa, and your visa has not been delivered yet. I hope the delivery is simply slow and it will arrive today.

However, maybe the Embassy placed your case in administrative processing. Sometimes that happens, and I don't know why. You should call the Immigrant Unit of the Embassy and find out whether they have placed your case in administrative processing.

Hey...you are not alone...check this out.

It appears that the Embassy is simply slow in delivering visas right now.

Timeline

Hey...you are not alone...check this out.

It appears that the Embassy is simply slow in delivering visas right now.

I have been tracking the turn around times between Interview appointment date and Visa in hand date, since Decemebr 1st, for about 30 K1 VJ'ers.

Currently the average turn around time is 10 days. Of the 30 people I am tracking, 4 of them had K1 interviews on December 09. 2010. Only one has received their Visa.

I doubt, that all 3 of the ones that are still waiting for their visa have been held up due to administrative processing. My guess would be that it is simply a

matter of an interruption in normal processing due to the holidays. You are defiantly not alone!

Timeline

we called d embassy and they said it's been printed last 22nd. I am really hoping to have it today.

We also asked if we can juts pick it up since he's here, but they said the transition doesn't allow pick up anymore. ARRRGGGhhh I hate this stupid transition!

I have been tracking the turn around times between Interview appointment date and Visa in hand date, since Decemebr 1st, for about 30 K1 VJ'ers.

Currently the average turn around time is 10 days. Of the 30 people I am tracking, 4 of them had K1 interviews on December 09. 2010. Only one has received their Visa.

I doubt, that all 3 of the ones that are still waiting for their visa have been held up due to administrative processing. My guess would be that it is simply a

matter of an interruption in normal processing due to the holidays. You are defiantly not alone!

that stupid transition...I hate it!

Timeline

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Timeline

me too still waiting for my visa delivery.. visa printed dec 22

Let's both hope for the best...

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Timeline

Hello Guys,

I called USEM this morning and I was told that my visa was approved and no other problems and consul put remarks "Ok to issue visa" however when I asked him when will they print my visa they told me to follow-up nextweek and maybe around mid of January. Is this normal?? My interview was approved dec. 17 and yet they told me i should expect mid of January. I am worried and so frustrated now. Hope anyone here can enlighten me processing time after interview approval. Thanks in advance!

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Timeline

Tacoma, you can update us with medical on the 11th and interview on the 18th, 645am.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.