Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Visa....APPROVED! Saw Messybrownhair at the embassy but didn't know it was her!

Our interview was so easy as to be almost comical. Litterly no more then 5 minutes. They very nice and kind consular officer asked almsot no questions, he asked Floricel why she went to Japan (to visit me) and how long she stayed, he asked me a few questions...mostly about my divorce, and also asked about a few things on my credit report(?!?!?!) He asked us when we we plan to get married, and one question about our daughter. The pre-screener asked more questions! Very very easy and pleasant experience. He asked to see NOTHING. no pictures, no evidence, no certified divorce copy, no notorrized letter saying I know Floricel is pregnant...I prepared a lot of stuff and they asked for none of it. a few question...and "Your Visa is approved" :dance::dance::dance:

We then went to PRISM for the CFO seminar...and the BS...started. A very unpleasant time....They grilled Floricel...it was like they were interviewing her, asked for pictures, my diviorce copy etc, etc...I dont know why/how they think they can ask that stuff but they did!!!! Luckily we had just come from the Interview and had ALL of our documents!!! If you attend CFO at PRISM be prepared to show all your supporting documents! Even though there is NO Mention of needing this on the CFO web site! :bonk:

Interview YAY!!!!

CFO...BOO!

Thank you for sharing...Im kinda excited and a bit nervous here. I will fly to Manila tomorrow for my interview on Wednesday. Yayy! good luck to me and us!

Was the seminar only took half day or whole day?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for sharing...Im kinda excited and a bit nervous here. I will fly to Manila tomorrow for my interview on Wednesday. Yayy! good luck to me and us!

Was the seminar only took half day or whole day?

Good luck at your interview Femy11!

Filed: Timeline

hi. i am asking for my friend. she do the appointment by call center and they were able to schedule them at specific date. they sent her 2 emails, one for APPOINTMENT LETTER TO DOWNLOAD, another with NAME OF THE APPLICANT; PASSWORD. but she had experienced the same error in downloading the letter because there is no link at the EMAIL SENT. then she tried what THUNDERSTRUCK suggested which actually works in me (i was able to get copy my UID when i tried online apptment),but not work for her because it ask for UID. but this friend of mine never had her UID. not indicated in email sent to her, and she don't even try online appointment so the question is:

what should be done to be able for her to download her appointment letter?

THANKS FOR REPLY!!

@TAHOMA and to everyone else

Visa in hand!!! Printed 12/16, received from 2GO 12/21 (sent to a Manila address). Goodluck to everyone else who's still waiting for their visa's to be delivered.

Timeline

Visa in hand!!! Printed 12/16, received from 2GO 12/21 (sent to a Manila address). Goodluck to everyone else who's still waiting for their visa's to be delivered.

warm warm warm congratulations !!!!

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

hi. i am asking for my friend. she do the appointment by call center and they were able to schedule them at specific date. they sent her 2 emails, one for APPOINTMENT LETTER TO DOWNLOAD, another with NAME OF THE APPLICANT; PASSWORD. but she had experienced the same error in downloading the letter because there is no link at the EMAIL SENT. then she tried what THUNDERSTRUCK suggested which actually works in me (i was able to get copy my UID when i tried online apptment),but not work for her because it ask for UID. but this friend of mine never had her UID. not indicated in email sent to her, and she don't even try online appointment so the question is:

what should be done to be able for her to download her appointment letter?

THANKS FOR REPLY!!

Hi ayenatUS,

There are 2 things she can do now if she does not have her UID. The only way she would get that UID is from the letter they emailed her if she made her appointment by phone. So if the link doesn't work (and it seems it does not work for anyone), she can send an email to the support line and tell them of the broken link or she can call back and tell them. I suggest emailing because the people on the phone will only be able to resend the broken email. At least that was the case when I was doing mine. The email address is: support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com. Make sure she provides her case number, date of payment, full name, sponsor's full name, her passport number, her date of birth, but not her password (if she has one).

I hope this helps and I wish her the best of luck.

Edited by Thunderstruck

Timeline

AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'VE GOT THE "GOLDEN TICKET"!!!!!

Timeline

FINALLY GOT MY APPOINTMENT SCHEDULE (January 5, 2011)! Thank you to all who helped us...can sleep better now...again...thank you very much!Thank you God!

I am so happy for you!!!!! I was worried, could not figure out why the problems. What a relief.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Edited by Beth & Chard

me too, actually the call center agents are also wondering what went wrong with my case number. they told me that its their first time to hear such problem. Maybe because of the new system. The supervisor told me that US Embassy had delays on putting my case number on the data of the call center that's why my case number is invalid. So all we did is to call the call center and ask for their help everyday. Just be kind to them...beg them...for sure they will deliver! The supervisor will call the embassy and report your problem and soon you'll get what you want! :thumbs:

Timeline

Bulon, I will have to disagree unless you just got lucky. Call center agents cannot do anything more than you can. They can email the Embassy but so can you.

My experience with the call center hasnt been that profitable. They emailed the Embassy twice at 5 days and 7 days earlier. They said they would call or email me with answer amd they expedited my case. I never got any call or email. I emailed the embassy 2 days ago and they answered me within 48 hrs granted they only answered half of my question.

Either way,16 days after delivery of paper file to the embassy, we are finally able to schedule!!!

Bulon, I will have to disagree unless you just got lucky. Call center agents cannot do anything more than you can. They can email the Embassy but so can you.

My experience with the call center hasnt been that profitable. They emailed the Embassy twice at 5 days and 7 days earlier. They said they would call or email me with answer amd they expedited my case. I never got any call or email. I emailed the embassy 2 days ago and they answered me within 48 hrs granted they only answered half of my question.

Either way,16 days after delivery of paper file to the embassy, we are finally able to schedule!!!

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Timeline

Sheenaspapi, I tend to agree with you. Like so many other people, I got the usual run-around when talking to the call center. Things like; we will expedite your case, or we will call you, or the infamous, call back in 2-3 days.

When I look at my timeline it was about a week for my case to get from NVC to the USEM and about a week before the embassy “logged it in or activated” our case for scheduling. Which I think is about the normal operating time frame. So I doubt very much I was “expedited.

I never received a call back from them.

And of course I called back every day. On one occasion I apologized to a call center agent for calling so much and their response was, “no, no, keep calling back, it’s OK”.

So here is my paranoid theory on this and I am sort of joking and sort of not joking. The call centers are in the business of taking calls, if they solved our problems we would not be calling. If we do not call, they do not have a job..LOL, so it is in their best interests that we continue to call. Just my crazy thoughts on this.

Today's scorecard...

> BB & MJ.......Passed the medical...K-1 Interview on December 10...Visa approved...

> bhebe.......Passed medical on December 10...K-1 Interview on December 17...Visa approved...

> Big John.......Medical on December 13-14...Interview on January 11 at 7:15 AM...

> black butterfly.......Passed medical on December 16...CR-1 interview on December 20...Visa approved...

> bulon.......Passed medical on December 14...Interview on January 5...

> Chazzie.......Passed medical...K-1 interview on December 1...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 15... :dancing:

> Chinook.......K-1 interview on February 23, 2009...Visa in hand on March 4, 2009... :dancing:

> condz.......CR-1 interview on December 6...Visa approved...

> Damjan.......CR-1 interview on December 9...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 14... :dancing:

> don_the_dragon.......Passed the medical...Interview on December 9...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 21... :dancing:

> Dorine.......Passed medical...Interview on January 10...

> femy11.......Passed medical on December 6...Interview on December 22...

> jandk.......Passed medical on November 24...CR-1 interview on December 6...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 10... :dancing:

> jean&chard.......Passed the medical...Interview on December 9...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 17... :dancing:

> idaho_and_surigao.......Passed medical on December 7...Interview on December 20...Visa approved...

> mcdsnight.......Passed the medical...Interview on December 9...Visa approved...

> Markieboy.......Stepdaughter's medical on ???...Interview on January 11...

> messybrownhair.......Passed medical on December 9-10...Interview on December 20...Visa approved...

> philels.......Interview on April 19...Finally passed medical on November 24...Visa in hand on December 14... :dancing:

> prettyrick.......Interview on December 9...Visa approved...

> RS 2.......Passed medical on November 17...Interview on December 1...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 15... :dancing:

> sheenaspapi.......Medical on ???...Wants an early-January interview date...

> sunandmoon.......VJerz Emeriti.......Interviewed on December 13, 2006...Visa in hand on December 20, 2006... :pop:

> th and jv.......Medical on January 5...Interview on January 13...

> Thunderstruck.......Medical during the week of December 13-17...Interview on January 21...

> TomD.......CR-1 interview on November 3...Visa in hand on December 15... :dancing:

> Travelling Nomad...Interview on December 13...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 20... :dancing:

> VisaWanderer.......Interview on December 1...Visa approved...Visa in hand on December 15... :dancing:

> wbuchko.......Medical on January 11-12...Interview on January 18...

B-) Lurkers always welcome.

Best wishes to everyone for a smooth and speedy visa journey... :)

Mabuhay ang 'Pinas!!!

Timeline

Anyone sending their fiance to Manila about the 7th thru 15th? If your interested in maybe splitting a hotel room for a week or so lmk. My girl is coming from San Miguel and will be there about a week. Just a thought.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Timeline

just to share......

a basic background..... nvc approved our case nov 17, sent to manila nov 23........called nth time manila embassy to check if i can already book online..... and was told nth time that my physical file has to be uploaded first before i can sched my appointment...... i read from a vj member (sorry i failed to take note of the name) that they did both simultaneously - - - called the embassy and book online....... i followed their "footstep" ...... i paid visa fee dec 13, then continuously called both the embassy (uploading query) and call center(interview apptment) ....... and finally, last dec 15, my fiance was able to book our appointment online for jan 13

last dec 22, i was able to get through (finally) the US embassy's phone for queries.... i asked the lady if a letter was sent to me already for the instructions..... as i need it for my police clearance overseas..........and guess what..... she said not yet because my file has not been received by them!!!!!!!!! well, i simply said, "then how come i was able to book online"..... and told her details...... so she let me be on hold for x minutes...... then said "your files were overlooked, we just uploaded it while you were on hold..... we will mail you the letter but because of our post office system and the holidays, we dont know when you will receive the letter"..... i pointed out the importance of that for my police clearance overseas..... and she just advised me to go to the embassy and request for a letter...... i also asked her the validity of my appointment on jan 13 since i was able to book online earlier than their downloading my file...... she said that as long as i have the confirmation sheet, im good to go..........

well, to add, because my fiance was able to talk a call center agent dec 22, they called both me and my fiance (currently in the states) by phone dec 23 to verbally confirm my appointment for jan 13.....

i was inside the US embassy dec 23 in the morning, to get a letter from window x related to my police clearance overseas..... and while i was on queue on window x, lots of those in line were of same visa category, k1...... there were a number of petitioners too.... and they were all having problems on the online booking..... some were there for the purpose of online booking (interview) thru the lady at window x but they were all advised to keep on trying online..........

also, inside the embassy, i saw one vj follower and a spouse of an immigrant, formerly my renter..... she prepared the documents well..... but nothing were asked from her....... she and husband definitely will have a good christmas and new year as she was approved !!! congratulations a and h !!!!

anybody who were there inside the embassy morning of dec 23 ???? i was !!!! not much people around..... and didnt see a sad face...... guess they were all approved !!!

i hope that sharing my experience will give good ideas to some of our vj family.....

merry merry christmas and a happy happy new year to all !!!!

Edited by th and jv

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.