Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help us. I am so confused. I am petitioning for my fiancee in Manila.

- Reveived the NOA-2 dated October 22

- We both received a letter from the Manila Embassy stating the case is eligible to schedule an interview and instructions to call number no longer valid.

- I found the new numbers and called Dec 2.

- I was told we needed to pay for the visa application at BPI before we can schedule the interview

- We did that

- I called back today with the information and was told she needs her St Lukes exam BEFORE she can schedule an interview

Both people I spoke to, on Dec 2 and today asked if we already received an appointment package from the embassy. I said no, I have this letter saying she is eligible to schedule an appointment from the embassy. I read the letter to him. Then he said after she gets her exam at St Lukes they will schedule her appointment. Are they making this stuff up as they go along?

Please if someone can answer these questions:

Is she supposed to get a package with an interview date already scheduled?

Should she go to St Lukes now and expect to get an interview date there?

Is the letter we received from the manila embassy all we need to schedule an appointment?

Please help us. We are so confused.

"Are they making this stuff up as they go along?" Answer: YES!

I think about anyone you talk to here will tell you the call center is pretty worthless, not sure if that is because they have changed the process and the call center agents haven't learned the new process or what.

Did you try to schedule on line yet? Here is the link

Link to online Interview Appointment Scheduling: Scroll down to

K-Visa Appointment Scheduling

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

it will ask you for the following information to schedule.

Passport Number: hers

Case Type Number: MNL number, format MNLXXXXXXXXXX

Payment Date: date MRV or application Fee paid

Date of Birth: hers

I believe this to be complete, but our petition has not been logged into the system yet, so I can not schedule.

Please let me know if any of this information is incorrect.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Ok I will try to help.

Are you sure its only 3 months?? that would be odd, and I have no idea why. Mine is four months. Maybe post a question here, or call the NVC, but in any case you do still have plenty of time.

Ok, on the Embassy, keep calling back until they tell you its in the system. This does take some time from the time it leaves NVC. Chazzie's took 12 days, and I think BB&Mj's took about 15. I guess they took pity on me cuz I was in AP at the NVC, but mine only took 6 days. Just keep calling, they will get it into the system soon.

You can pay at BPI anytime, however you will not be able to make an appointment until your case is uploaded to the system. Once the embassy verifies your case (MNL CASE NUMBER) has been uploaded into the System call/go online etc to make an appointment, DO NOT GIVE UP it sucks...keep calling until you confirm your appointment. It took me 6 days, and hours on hold etc etc but eventually it go squared away. Remember you do have to pay the fee before you can schedule.

Medical, marimi people go before they schedule their appointment. As long as you have your Manila case number from NVC you can go to the medical. We waited until the appointment was scheduled, but you dont have to. As long as you have your MNL case number you can go. Do keep in mind that after your medical they will keep your passport.

Good luck! you are getting close!

hi ....

yes, i am sure that its just 3 months...... when my fiance called me to tell me he has the hardcopy of noa2 and mentioned that its valid til feb 16, i tried to correct him, but he said, "i am currently reading what it says here"...... when i got a pdf file of it, it was really 2/16/2010!!!! i strongly believe this is a typo error...... i raised this concern to usembassy and they say it is ok...... i do hope since it is a month earlier, we get to have an earlier appointment too...... but it is not happening !!!!!

yeah..... even tho they say i will have to call them after a week, i will everyday...... its the 16th day from nvc sent and nothing yet..... no file uploaded yet...... got to burn my ears !!!!!

i plan to pay bpi tomorrow, friday here.... will do it first hour...... and thanks for pushing to call them and never to give up !!!!

as for my medical, i thought i have to have my appointment letter before i can have my medical..... since i already have my mnl number, will try to sched it next week..... the earlier the better...... will just have to photocopy my passport.....

gee....... you are great !!! thanks for sharing...... more to come..... glad to be a member of vj !!!! helping me a lot !!!!!

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

- We both received a letter from the Manila Embassy stating the case is eligible to schedule an interview and instructions to call number no longer valid.

- I was told we needed to pay for the visa application at BPI before we can schedule the interview

- We did that

- I called back today with the information and was told she needs her St Lukes exam BEFORE she can schedule an interview

Both people I spoke to, on Dec 2 and today asked if we already received an appointment package from the embassy. I said no, I have this letter saying she is eligible to schedule an appointment from the embassy. I read the letter to him. Then he said after she gets her exam at St Lukes they will schedule her appointment. Are they making this stuff up as they go along?

Is the letter we received from the manila embassy all we need to schedule an appointment?

Link to info about the Medical Examination:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

Medical Examination completed before the Interview (2 weeks)

First come, first served

ME is valid for 6 month

We are waiting until we schedule the Interview to do the medical, since interview appointments are typically a couple weeks out, there should be plenty of time to get the medical complete prior to the interview. I believe that the 2 week thing is to allow time for any additional testing that might be needed in special cases, or additional information if needed.

From what I have read here, it appears that the routine Medical exam can be completed in a couple days.

Ask Tahoma about it he is really in the know on the processes here in the Philippines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you very much. We feel a little better now. I tried the online appointment system and it keeps breaking at various stages. Says the page is not available.

I'll keep trying now that I know I am not completely insane.

Timeline

Hi! keep calling them everyday until they tell u physical packet is received.Its usually about 2 1/2 weeks after NVC forwarded it to manila consulate.If they tell u to call back in a week,just call again the next day.:blush:

This process is really a test of patience.Even after the interview and its been approved,theres another 2 weeks of waiting to get the actual visa.Im keeping myself sane here with a thought that me and my fiance will be together really soon.hang in there a lil bit more.Good Luck!:thumbs:

thanks for the encouragement.....

you bet..... will call them everyday until they say "ok..... your file uploaded....."

then i will have the next "trial"....

setting an appointment....

huh..... im sure it will soon be ours......

we are all looking forward to be with our "better half" very very soon.....

this is just a test of patience, dont you think????

and we are passing with lots of colors, i should say....... LOL !!!!

glad to be in this forum !!!!

AOS journey

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

- We did that

UPDATE:

I made an appointment on the website for the date we wanted (In January). I was able to download the form as a PDF but we did not receive any emails. Will we get a confirmation in the snail mail do you think?

Timeline

UPDATE:

I made an appointment on the website for the date we wanted (In January). I was able to download the form as a PDF but we did not receive any emails. Will we get a confirmation in the snail mail do you think?

Have you checked out this link. I was told they do not send out a packet any more, again, I have not been through that part of the process. I was told that this link is the packet.

I have been following this information, it is pdf format and printable

Link to the Revised K1 Instruction Packet:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf

Timeline

.... on the lighter side......

i read somewhere here a proposal of a get tog for vj members here in the phils....

i am from baguio city and the weather here is so nice now.... cool......

very appropriate for lambing !!!!

so....... why dont you all try december in baguio??????

let me know....... if available, i can show you around.......

any taker/s????

I think it's a wonderful idea, but I am prone to stay at home right now. We have some documents being shipped and I don't want to miss anything.

Also, because it will be a while before we make it back to the Phils I want to spend as much time with my fiancee's family here as possible. I'm going to miss them so much.

Timeline

UPDATE:

Do you mean the confirmation letter from the scheduling process? Again, I am not able to schedule yet. So I am NOT speaking from first hand experience.

This is all I have in my notes about scheduling. I would appreciate it if you can share more details on scheduling like links, sign in info, questions or info you need during scheduling.

Any additional info about the Appointment Confirmation sheet. Anything

Have DS-156 first page in front of you most answers to online questions come from there

2GO have them deliver to Fiancee’s address, not to nearest 2Go office

Save the Appointment Confirmation sheet to a place in your computer, the secure PDF requires your unique password to open it up.

Timeline

Do you mean the confirmation letter from the scheduling process? Again, I am not able to schedule yet. So I am NOT speaking from first hand experience.

This is all I have in my notes about scheduling. I would appreciate it if you can share more details on scheduling like links, sign in info, questions or info you need during scheduling.

Any additional info about the Appointment Confirmation sheet. Anything

Have DS-156 first page in front of you most answers to online questions come from there

2GO have them deliver to Fiancee's address, not to nearest 2Go office

Save the Appointment Confirmation sheet to a place in your computer, the secure PDF requires your unique password to open it up.

To anyone that has or can access the online appointment scheduling it would be helpful to know what dates are currently available to schedule appointments.

Please share them here, Thank you!

Timeline

My Fiance got approved!!! what a feeling, I'm still shaking right now. All sleepless nights was paid off.

Thank you Lord for guiding us. You are truly an amazing God.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Tahamo: where's our :star: ?

02/21/11: POE L.A.

03/04/11: Applied for SSI

04/01/11: passed actual Driving test!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

04/28/11: AOS packet sent USPS

04/29/20: AOS received by J.C (Chicago)

05/04/11: Tx message from USCIS that application rec'v

05/04/11: check cashed $1,070 whew!

05/23/11: Biometrics Appt @ 2pm

06/07/11: USCIS text notification

07/09/11: Interview/ AOS Approved!/ Card production tx notice

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Timeline

My Fiance got approved!!! what a feeling, I'm still shaking right now. All sleepless nights was paid off.

Congratulations!

Timeline

I think it's a wonderful idea, but I am prone to stay at home right now. We have some documents being shipped and I don't want to miss anything.

Also, because it will be a while before we make it back to the Phils I want to spend as much time with my fiancee's family here as possible. I'm going to miss them so much.

i do agree with you.....

i will do the same ......

enjoy the family !!!!!

AOS journey

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

congratulations !!!!!!

AOS journey

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

for info.......

latest from their website......

U.S. Embassy, Manila Philippines

In order to better serve our customers during this time of high call volume, the call center will be open from 6 am – 10 pm, 7 days a week, starting December 10. The call center has also added agents. When call volumes have returned to normal, the call center hours will return to 8 am – 8 pm, Monday through Friday

AOS journey

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.