Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im excited about my interview on Thursday! And like BB&MJ's fiance I passed the medical too with painful arms...ahahahah Good luck guys! :dance:

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im excited about my interview on Thursday! And like BB&MJ's fiance I passed the medical too with painful arms...ahahahah Good luck guys! :dance:

:thumbs: Good luck my friend!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Today's scorecard:

> sunandmoon.......VJer Emeritus.......Interviewed on December 13, 2006...Visa in hand on December 20, 2006. :star:

> Chazzie.......Dex passed his interview...Visa approved! :star:

> BB & MJ.......Going to Manila on Dec. 6...Passed the medical...Interview on December 10.

> jean&chard.......Passed the medical...Interview on December 9 at 7:00 a.m.

> mcdsnight.......Passed the medical...Interview on December 9...Might reschedule the interview for December 13 (or so).

> idaho_and_surigao.......Still trying to schedule a December 16 or 17 interview...Arriving in the Philippines on December 13.

> wbuchko.......Will pay the visa fee on December 9 or 10...Wants to schedule an interview for January 18.

> don_the_dragon.......Interview on December 10 or December 16 or December 10 or...

> bhebe.......Will schedule an interview in mid-December when the medical is completed.

> Chinook.......Interviewed on February 23, 2009...received the blue slip...Visa in hand on March 4, 2009. :star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!To those who finished their med exams, congrats!kicking.gifAnd to those who have upcoming interviews Good Luck!Keep us all posted.good.gif

I am still waiting for Dex to receive the visa in the mail, It will be 2GO's mail services 1st batch that they will deliver and i hope and pray Dex will receive it soon.I'm thinking Monday (phil time).We'll see.blush.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Timeline

I just got back from the CFO website too. :lol: Looks like your fiancée won't need the bio page from her passport after all.

However, check out #3 on the first list where they say that they can ask you for any documents they want. I think they sometimes ask for a copy of the bio page. Maybe that's why it stuck in my mind.

When Chinook attended the CFO seminar at PRISM, she took along all of her papers...and I mean everything...just in case. Chinook said that there were atendees at the seminar who were asked to submit various documents, didn't have them, and were allowed to complete the seminar anyway. So, don't worry too much about the bio page.

Hiyee! CAn Dex attend the seminar and counseling without his passport?I figured they would need orig passport so they can put sticker on it after seminar and for verification purposes too.helpsmilie.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Timeline

So what is the latest news on this? Is the on line "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" system up and working? Inquiring minds want to know.

Not for me... Have heard some have had luck

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Timeline

So what is the latest news on this? Is the on line "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" system up and working? Inquiring minds want to know.

read on

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv1.html

good luck!blush.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Hiyee! CAn Dex attend the seminar and counseling without his passport?I figured they would need orig passport so they can put sticker on it after seminar and for verification purposes too.helpsmilie.gif

Dex does not need his passport in order to attend the CFO seminar. However, it would be a good idea for Dex to take a copy of the biographical page of his passport with him to the seminar.

Then, Dex can get the CFO sticker attached to his passport after the Embassy returns his passport to him.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nope she will go in Cavite. Fortunatly we have been BPI customers for years, I hope this helps, she is going to bring a copy of her passport, the NVC letter with case numbers and her NOA2. Hopefully all is ok then supposedly after waiting 4 hours, we will make the interview appt.

on the fees.....it does sure seem to be a flat fee of 350.00 I am hoping that it can also be paid in peso equivlant, I dont Floricel to loose pesos if she has to change to dollars!

ingat,

Idaho

$350 USD is the flat fee, but must be convert to Peso's. Dec. 3 Last trade P43.7150 to the US dollar.

But they won't give you that, there will be a spread. I trade currency.

Timeline

I was wondering if it is true that when my Fiancee goes for her physical at St Lukes, if it is better to go at 1 PM in the afternoon, rather than wait in a long line at 4AM in the morning. Has anyone's Fiancee commented about this. I would like to make the experience as pleasant as possible for my Fiancee, who has to make the trek from CDO on Mindanao, so I would consider this if someone has direct experience concerning this.

I have also gotten some answers to the questions I have been posing to this site.

I was wondering about the UID since the first time I read about it. I printed out the new instructions from the site:

http://photos.state....acket%20_3_.pdf

and the new instruction mentions the Unique Identification Number. It says, "…When you pay the visa fee, the applicant will be issued, a unique identification number (UID). This visa fee is non-transferrable and is valid for one year. The applicant will need the UID to schedule an appointment…."

What they fail to say is who will issue the UID to you. But, in a former post here I mentioned how I called the new (214-…) number to inquire to inquire about the proper procedure to follow when going through the motion of the whole process, and one of the things the woman told me was that after four hours, your account is activated, and a UID is generated for you. You have to call the Call Center, (214-…) to get your UID before making the appointment for the interview, or so the instructions above state. I was under the impression that as soon as you paid the fee to BPI, they would issue you the UID. It just wasn't clear where the UID was suppose to come from.

Another question I have is, "What is the CEAC Barcode?" I googled 'CEAC Barcode', and it is the bar code that is specific to the DS-160 form. The reason I asked this was because when I went onto the ' Apply for a US Visa in the Philippines' site, and went to the 'Schedule/Change My Appointment' page,

http://www.ustraveld...ppointment.html

The page writes specifically about using the DS-160 Form.

If you hit 'Schedule an Appointment', answer, 'I Agree',

Put in a date for the passport expiration date and go to next, you will come up to the MRV Fee Validation page.

On that page, they ask you for the CEAC Barcode number. Now K-1's are using the DS-156 Form. Is the barcode on the DS-156 Form compatible with the CEAC Barcode on the DS-160 Form ?

Idaho_and_Surigao, is that how you tried to schedule the appointment for your interview ?

I don't know about all of your questions, but my impression also was that the UID is given when the fee is paid.

regarding DS-160 go to this link bottom of the page "Visa Categories Not Using the DS-160" http://travel.state....visa_categories

So CEAC barcode does not apply.

Edited by Richard535

Timeline

$350 USD is the flat fee, but must be convert to Peso's. Dec. 3 Last trade P43.7150 to the US dollar.

But they won't give you that, there will be a spread. I trade currency.

BPI is charging a flat fee of 15,750 pesos for the month of December, independent of the exchange rate

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Timeline

I don't know about all of your questions, but my impression also was that the UID is given when the fee is paid.

regarding DS-160 go to this link bottom of the page "Visa Categories Not Using the DS-160" http://travel.state....visa_categories

So CEAC barcode does not apply.

UID is generated when you make an appoitment online.

Correct the Barcode does not apply you enter your MNL case number on the screen. Make sure you are using the K1 schedule screen not the non-immigrant schedule screen

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Timeline

Yup you're pretty much good to go. Just spoke with my fiancee. She went to BPI, filled out a form, paid the fee and got a receipt. Pretty fast and easy (Don't forget to make a copy of the Passport BIO page). Good luck my friend!

My fiancee goes for her medical tomorrow (Manila Time). Long commute from Pangasinan (by bus) to Manila. Hope everything goes well and off to the interview!! :)

Did she get a number when she paid the fee? What was the number called?

Timeline

UID is generated when you make an appoitment online.

Correct the Barcode does not apply you enter your MNL case number on the screen. Make sure you are using the K1 schedule screen not the non-immigrant schedule screen

Somewhere, God knows where, I read something about people having trouble with the on line scheduling when using Firefox as the browser,

they recommended using Internet Explorer instead. Anyone else heard anything like this, was it on this thread earlier?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.