Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Idaho_and_surigao,

Thank you for being so patient, I am concerned because you cannot make an appointment.

I am sending to Meg tomorrow, so she can pay BPI early next week, and I can get into the game.

Thank you for all the info.

Stay Good !

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Tahoma.....

By the way, my fiancee is a nurse as well (or soon to be)....she passed the local board here last July and will be taking the NCLEX here.... :thumbs:

oh wow! congrats to her! im a nurse too!!currently reieweing for nclex

AOS

07/08/2011 - Mailed AOS via usps

07/12/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-845 via email

07/13/2011 - Personal Check Cashed

07/12/2011 - NOA1 notice date(email)

07/18/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-485 hardcopy & Biometrics received in the mail

08/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment--DONE!

08/19/2011 - Interview Letter/Notice sent

08/31/2011 - EAD card/document production ordered

09/06/2011 - EAD case touched

09/12/2011 - EAD received!

09/21/2011 - AOS Interview-APROVED ON THE SPOT/email notice: GC productionn ordered, approval notice sent

09/26/2011 - AOS Approval Notice/Welcome Notice received!

09/30/2011 - Got my GC in the mail today!

K1 JOURNEY

07/09/2010 - I-129F mailed via USPS

07/12/2010 - CSC received

07/17/2010 - NOA1 notice date

07/19/2010 - Cheque cashed

07/21/2010 - NOA1 hardcopy received =D

12/06/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy received =D =D =D

12/10/2010 - NVC received / Got MNL number yay!

12/13/2010 - NVC left / Consulate received Electronic File the same day

12/29-30/2010 - Medical @ SLMEC PASSED!!!

01/07/2011 - Interview Jan. 7 @ 6:45am -VISA APPROVED!!!READ MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

01/15/2011 - VISA on hand

01/17/2011 - CFO DONE

01/20/2011 - POE-SFO

0FYVm7.png

Timeline

Idaho_and_surigao,

Thank you for being so patient, I am concerned because you cannot make an appointment.

I am sending to Meg tomorrow, so she can pay BPI early next week, and I can get into the game.

Thank you for all the info.

Stay Good !

The call CENTER IS WORTHLESS. They just use the online system to book your appt. DO NOT BOTHER TO CALL unless you are having issues with the website. They know nothing. Try to schedule on line, and MAKE SURE YOU you use the immigrate K1 appointment screen. I am there now, but still having issues, its finding Floricels passport, but it has a section called CASE TYPE NUMBER which I assume is her MNLXXXXXXXXXX NVC number....but its not working.

This is a nightmare. Stay tuned...I will soon have it all figured and can post the best way to do it....

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Timeline

The call CENTER IS WORTHLESS. They just use the online system to book your appt. DO NOT BOTHER TO CALL unless you are having issues with the website. They know nothing. Try to schedule on line, and MAKE SURE YOU you use the immigrate K1 appointment screen. I am there now, but still having issues, its finding Floricels passport, but it has a section called CASE TYPE NUMBER which I assume is her MNLXXXXXXXXXX NVC number....but its not working.

This is a nightmare. Stay tuned...I will soon have it all figured and can post the best way to do it....

Dont even bother trying to schedule an appointment in the new system yet..

I will write a longer post later describing everything happening...but I would seriously give this thing another week or two weeks before trying...

I have been on hold talking to the agents for about 7 hours now... The bottom line is, the online system is the only way to schedule an appt. Even if you call, they just use the exact same system. And, it does not work. There are 100's of bugs. I am now dealing with their tech support team.....its a mess.

Wish me luck. The consolation I do have...I will soon be with my Family.

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Timeline

I will write a longer post later describing everything happening...but I would seriously give this thing another week or two weeks before trying...

I have been on hold talking to the agents for about 7 hours now... The bottom line is, the online system is the only way to schedule an appt. Even if you call, they just use the exact same system. And, it does not work. There are 100's of bugs. I am now dealing with their tech support team.....its a mess.

Hello Idaho,

Are you done with scheduling your appointment? or is anyone here successfully made their appointment thru online? because i have a friend who were able to schedule her appointment online and she was able to receive email too. Also the download confirmation sheet shows like this; Anyways, she's K1 but she click under immigrant visa "schedule appointment"

(1 page only)

Immigration Address Confirmation Sheet

MANILA

Applicant's name : xxx

Passport Number : xxx

Interview Appointment Date: December 17, 2010 ==> you will choose calendar they highlighted available dates.

UID Number : xxx ==> system will generate UID#

Your Passport will be couried to: xxx

Hold for Collection: = blank=

Instructions

. Instructions

Edited by bhebe

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Timeline

Hello Idaho,

Are you done with scheduling your appointment? or is anyone here successfully made their appointment thru online? because i have a friend who were able to schedule her appointment online and she was able to receive email too. Also the download confirmation sheet shows like this; Anyways, she's K1 but she click under immigrant visa "schedule appointment"

(1 page only)

Immigration Address Confirmation Sheet

MANILA

Applicant's name : xxx

Passport Number : xxx

Interview Appointment Date: December 17, 2010 ==> you will choose calendar they highlighted available dates.

UID Number : xxx ==> system will generate UID#

Your Passport will be couried to: xxx

Hold for Collection: = blank=

Instructions

. Instructions

No,

not yet, when I try to enter my CASE Type number in the system, it tells me my case type number (which is my MNL number) is invalid I talked to several people in the call center last night, and they said it is a problem with their system. They told me that they are working on the problem and will send me an email when its resolved.

I will call back on Monday to follow-up. Thats good news that your friend was able to schedule. Do you know when her case was recieved in Manila?

Thanks.

Idaho

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Dont even bother trying to schedule an appointment in the new system yet..

idaho_and_surigao, I feel bad for you bro. I really do. You try to take matters into your own hands and things just never go right. You've patiently waited for how many months and now the time is here and nothing works. I've always been saying why didn't they just wanted until the New Year? Why the end of the year when this is the time for most couples when they see each other or wish to be together for the New Year. Just doesn't make sense. I hope everything works out for you buddy! Good things will come.

Good news, my fiancee passed her medical exam yesterday. She got her immunizations done and now we're just waiting for the BIG DAY (Friday Dec. 10th). I do have a concern though. She gave her passport to St. Lukes (to be forwarded to the Embassy; as required) but she only make one copy of her passport (including the BIO PAGE). The problem is, she gave that copy to BPI when she paid for the visa fee (which means we have NO COPY of the passport since St. Lukes took it). Please tell me not to worry until the day of the Embassy Interview. I am trying to think if it is needed (copy of passport) from now until then for ANYTHING. I know that we have to show some ID and Appt letter to the guard on the 10th but do we need to show the copy of passport? :( :( :( Good luck everyone!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

:ot:

...I am a nurse...

:thumbs::D

Chinook is an RN too. Mabuhay ang Pinoy nurses!!! :):thumbs:

By the way, my fiancee is a nurse as well (or soon to be)....she passed the local board here last July and will be taking the NCLEX here.... :thumbs:

:thumbs::D Congratz to your fiancée on passing her NLE!!!

to all the nurses out there... Mabuhay tayong lahat...:)

:thumbs::D Pinoy nurses rock!!!

...im a nurse too!! currently reieweing for nclex

:thumbs::D Good luck with your NCLEX-RN!!!

:ot2:

Edited by Tahoma

Today's scorecard:

> sunandmoon.......VJer Emeritus.......Interviewed on December 13, 2006...Visa in hand on December 20, 2006. :star:

> Chazzie.......Dex passed his interview...Visa approved! :star:

> BB & MJ.......Going to Manila on Dec. 6...Passed the medical...Interview on December 10.

> jean&chard.......Interview on December 9 at 7:00 a.m.

> mcdsnight.......Completed first day of medical...Interview on December 9...Might reschedule interview for December 13 (or so).

> idaho_and_surigao.......Still trying to schedule a December 16 or 17 interview...Arriving in the Philippines on December 13.

> wbuchko.......Will pay the visa fee on December 9 or 10...Wants to schedule an interview for January 18.

> don_the_dragon.......Interview on December 10 or December 16 or December 10 or...

> Chinook.......Interviewed on February 23, 2009...received the blue slip...Visa in hand on March 4, 2009. :star:

I do have a concern though. She gave her passport to St. Lukes (to be forwarded to the Embassy; as required) but she only make one copy of her passport (including the BIO PAGE). The problem is, she gave that copy to BPI when she paid for the visa fee (which means we have NO COPY of the passport since St. Lukes took it). Please tell me not to worry until the day of the Embassy Interview. I am trying to think if it is needed (copy of passport) from now until then for ANYTHING. I know that we have to show some ID and Appt letter to the guard on the 10th but do we need to show the copy of passport? :( :( :( Good luck everyone!

Your fiancée should be OK to enter the Embassy using her ID and her appointment letter. However, I think she will need a copy of her passport's bio page for the CFO seminar. Maybe someone can confirm this. If she needs a copy of her bio page for the CFO seminar, maybe she can run over to St. Lukes before they send her passport over to the Embassy, borrow her passport for a few minutes, and make a couple of copies of her bio page.

Timeline

BB & MJ,

Good news about your fiancee’s medical exam, you have only one hurdle to go and that is almost like icing on the cake, compared to what has to be done to get to the point that you are at.

Seriously though, I think you have nothing to worry about not having a copy of your Fiancee’s passport to show to the guard at the entrance of USEM. We all are so jaded by this system that we have been put through, that we always try to think one step beyond. I have never read anything about the beneficiary having a copy of their passport to show to the guard. Please try not to worry, you have a whole packet of paper saying that your Fiancee and you are who you say you are, including the DS-156 Form with a picture on it. So with a government (Philippine) valid ID, and the Appointment Letter from USEM, you should be more than good to go.

Rather than worry, enjoy your time together before the Interview.

Your fiancée should be OK to enter the Embassy using her ID and her appointment letter. However, I think she will need a copy of her passport's bio page for the CFO seminar. Maybe someone can confirm this. If she needs a copy of her bio page for the CFO seminar, maybe she can run over to St. Lukes before they send her passport over to the Embassy, borrow her passport for a few minutes, and make a couple of copies of her bio page.

Hey Tahoma, thank you for letting me breathe a HUGE sigh of relief :thumbs: :thumbs: Below are the requirements to just take the CFO Class:

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

1. Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph

2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form

3. Other documents as may be required by the counselors

4. Payment of counseling fee (PHP 250.00)

For the requirements for Registration (to get the CFO sticker), she will however, need it:

Requirements for Registration

1. Original and photocopy of Passport

2. Original and photocopy of Visa

3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (IDS) (see notes below)

4. Original CFO Guidance & Counseling Certificate

5. Duly completed Emigrant Registration Form

6. Payment of the authorized registration fee (PHP 400.00)

I hope this is right! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by BB & MJ

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Hey Tahoma, thank you for letting me breathe a HUGE sigh of relief :thumbs: :thumbs: Below are the requirements to just take the CFO Class:

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

1. Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph

2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form

3. Other documents as may be required by the counselors

4. Payment of counseling fee (PHP 250.00)

For the requirements for Registration (to get the CFO sticker), she will however, need it:

Requirements for Registration

1. Original and photocopy of Passport

2. Original and photocopy of Visa

3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (IDS) (see notes below)

4. Original CFO Guidance & Counseling Certificate

5. Duly completed Emigrant Registration Form

6. Payment of the authorized registration fee (PHP 400.00)

I hope this is right! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I just got back from the CFO website too. :lol: Looks like your fiancée won't need the bio page from her passport after all.

However, check out #3 on the first list where they say that they can ask you for any documents they want. I think they sometimes ask for a copy of the bio page. Maybe that's why it stuck in my mind.

When Chinook attended the CFO seminar at PRISM, she took along all of her papers...and I mean everything...just in case. Chinook said that there were atendees at the seminar who were asked to submit various documents, didn't have them, and were allowed to complete the seminar anyway. So, don't worry too much about the bio page.

I just got back from the CFO website too. :lol: Looks like your fiancée won't need the bio page from her passport after all.

However, check out #3 on the first list where they say that they can ask you for any documents they want. I think they sometimes ask for a copy of the bio page. Maybe that's why it stuck in my mind.

When Chinook attended the CFO seminar at PRISM, she took along all of her papers...and I mean everything...just in case. Chinook said that there were atendees at the seminar who were asked to submit various documents, didn't have them, and were allowed to complete the seminar anyway. So, don't worry too much about the bio page.

Awesome, thanks as always my friend! :thumbs:

Timeline

No,

not yet, when I try to enter my CASE Type number in the system, it tells me my case type number (which is my MNL number) is invalid I talked to several people in the call center last night, and they said it is a problem with their system. They told me that they are working on the problem and will send me an email when its resolved.

I will call back on Monday to follow-up. Thats good news that your friend was able to schedule. Do you know when her case was recieved in Manila?

Thanks.

Idaho

====================================================

her case was recived in USEM MANILA LAST NOV. 2010. I suggest you can try this weekend to schedule online since its thru system. There still having problems with the new system because she tried to view her appointment schedule & download the confirmation thru the website but there is error. Anyways, she was able to reconfirm with the operator and they said its a confirm date as long as u have downloaded confirmation sheet & email notification.

FYI, the available slots we saw for month of dec. are dec. 15, 17,20,21,22,23,28,29

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.