Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

mcdsnight............Just a suggestion (I stated earlier in this thread), try to keep your December 9th date (if possible). For those who already have a "locked" appt (like me), you might not be able to reschedule for THIS MONTH. Most likely for January if successful. Good luck my friend!

I'm keeping the date...I didn't have a nice experience with physical exam though...:(

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

:ot: Hey guys,

for those who will be coming here for Christmas, why not have a dinner gathering for us? I think that will be sweet to meet each of you..:)

I would love that!

Happy Holidays!

:ot2:

what's the case type number in online scheduling?

Timeline

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

I'm keeping the date...I didn't have a nice experience with physical exam though...:(

Hope everything is ok? How did you do? If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

what's the case type number in online scheduling?

I think the case type number is your MNL case number (hope someone can verify this?)

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Timeline

Hope everything is ok? How did you do? If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

let's just say I am a nurse and I know how it should be done, and also not what read here... Maybe the doctor was in a hurry or something but whatever where's the so called professionalism? What is done is done...:)

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

let's just say I am a nurse and I know how it should be done, and also not what read here... Maybe the doctor was in a hurry or something but whatever where's the so called professionalism? What is done is done...:)

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out well. Good luck and god bless

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Figures there would be a problem. New system goes "live" on the 1st and the only thing that seems to work is paying the fee, go figure. My suggestion bro, forget the online scheduling, just speak with a live operator to schedule this. I know the wait is not the same as online, but at least you'll have peace of mind knowing that everything is confirmed. I hope you get your preferred date and everything goes smoothly tomorrow. Good luck my friend :thumbs:

Thanks man, yeah I will call them first thing. What a pain. At least everything else is going fairly smoothly. just need the APPT! Medical next Tuesday, Arrival on the 13th interview (with APPROVAL) then the CFO then the big plane home!

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Thanks man, yeah I will call them first thing. What a pain. At least everything else is going fairly smoothly. just need the APPT! Medical next Tuesday, Arrival on the 13th interview (with APPROVAL) then the CFO then the big plane home!

Cool, good luck man. I'm going to have my fiancee complete the CFO seminar after the interview (since we're there already). Do you know how far PRISM is from the Embassy?

Edited by BB & MJ

Do you know how far PRISM is from the Embassy?

It's just there. :lol::P

(OK...OK... :bonk:...Chinook says it's about a 20-minute taxi ride from the Embassy, depending on traffic.)

@msdsnight...Hey, Chinook is an RN too. Mabuhay ang Pinoy nurses!!! :):thumbs:

It's just there. :lol::P

(OK...OK... :bonk:...Chinook says it's about a 20-minute taxi ride from the Embassy, depending on traffic.)

@msdsnight...Hey, Chinook is an RN too. Mabuhay ang Pinoy nurses!!! :):thumbs:

Thanks Tahoma.....

By the way, my fiancee is a nurse as well (or soon to be)....she passed the local board here last July and will be taking the NCLEX here.... :thumbs:

Timeline

I was wondering if it is true that when my Fiancee goes for her physical at St Lukes, if it is better to go at 1 PM in the afternoon, rather than wait in a long line at 4AM in the morning. Has anyone’s Fiancee commented about this. I would like to make the experience as pleasant as possible for my Fiancee, who has to make the trek from CDO on Mindanao, so I would consider this if someone has direct experience concerning this.

I have also gotten some answers to the questions I have been posing to this site.

I was wondering about the UID since the first time I read about it. I printed out the new instructions from the site:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf

and the new instruction mentions the Unique Identification Number. It says, “…When you pay the visa fee, the applicant will be issued, a unique identification number (UID). This visa fee is non-transferrable and is valid for one year. The applicant will need the UID to schedule an appointment….”

What they fail to say is who will issue the UID to you. But, in a former post here I mentioned how I called the new (214-…) number to inquire to inquire about the proper procedure to follow when going through the motion of the whole process, and one of the things the woman told me was that after four hours, your account is activated, and a UID is generated for you. You have to call the Call Center, (214-…) to get your UID before making the appointment for the interview, or so the instructions above state. I was under the impression that as soon as you paid the fee to BPI, they would issue you the UID. It just wasn’t clear where the UID was suppose to come from.

Another question I have is, “What is the CEAC Barcode?” I googled ‘CEAC Barcode’, and it is the bar code that is specific to the DS-160 form. The reason I asked this was because when I went onto the ‘ Apply for a US Visa in the Philippines’ site, and went to the ‘Schedule/Change My Appointment’ page,

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/Schedule_ChangeMyAppointment.html

The page writes specifically about using the DS-160 Form.

If you hit 'Schedule an Appointment', answer, ‘I Agree’,

Put in a date for the passport expiration date and go to next, you will come up to the MRV Fee Validation page.

On that page, they ask you for the CEAC Barcode number. Now K-1’s are using the DS-156 Form. Is the barcode on the DS-156 Form compatible with the CEAC Barcode on the DS-160 Form ?

Idaho_and_Surigao, is that how you tried to schedule the appointment for your interview ?

Timeline

I was wondering if it is true that when my Fiancee goes for her physical at St Lukes, if it is better to go at 1 PM in the afternoon, rather than wait in a long line at 4AM in the morning. Has anyone’s Fiancee commented about this. I would like to make the experience as pleasant as possible for my Fiancee, who has to make the trek from CDO on Mindanao, so I would consider this if someone has direct experience concerning this.

I have also gotten some answers to the questions I have been posing to this site.

I was wondering about the UID since the first time I read about it. I printed out the new instructions from the site:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf

and the new instruction mentions the Unique Identification Number. It says, “…When you pay the visa fee, the applicant will be issued, a unique identification number (UID). This visa fee is non-transferrable and is valid for one year. The applicant will need the UID to schedule an appointment….”

What they fail to say is who will issue the UID to you. But, in a former post here I mentioned how I called the new (214-…) number to inquire to inquire about the proper procedure to follow when going through the motion of the whole process, and one of the things the woman told me was that after four hours, your account is activated, and a UID is generated for you. You have to call the Call Center, (214-…) to get your UID before making the appointment for the interview, or so the instructions above state. I was under the impression that as soon as you paid the fee to BPI, they would issue you the UID. It just wasn’t clear where the UID was suppose to come from.

Another question I have is, “What is the CEAC Barcode?” I googled ‘CEAC Barcode’, and it is the bar code that is specific to the DS-160 form. The reason I asked this was because when I went onto the ‘ Apply for a US Visa in the Philippines’ site, and went to the ‘Schedule/Change My Appointment’ page,

Put in a date for the passport expiration date and go to next, you will come up to the MRV Fee Validation page.

On that page, they ask you for the CEAC Barcode number. Now K-1’s are using the DS-156 Form. Is the barcode on the DS-156 Form compatible with the CEAC Barcode on the DS-160 Form ?

Idaho_and_Surigao, is that how you tried to schedule the appointment for your interview ?

Yes, although I have the CEAC barcode from the completed DS-156, the website allows you to leave it blank. I put in her passport number, reciept date, birth date and password, it does not ask for a UID. When I do this and hit proceed it says the MRV recipet number is not available in the system, it suggests I call the call center. I am not sure when the UID comes into play. On the initial make appointment screen it does not ask for it...just the passport number, reciept date and DOB.

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Timeline

hmmm regarding the medical, I got there around 2pm. No line for almost every step except the medical. It's better to be there though with someone if you'll go in the afternoon coz you can still go to the mall for 2-3 hours once you give your passport and stuff to USA counter for medical (that's what the lady advised me at that cashier). When you get back just ask if your name was already called, if yes she will then give you the number for P.E., if not then wait for a lil while instead of seating there the whole 2hours. :P

to all the nurses out there... Mabuhay tayong lahat...:)

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Timeline

Thanks, please keep us informed on tpyour progress, it is valuable information.

Have been on hold with the call center for 1.5 hours. I did discover that there is a seperate web site appoitment scheduler for k1's!!1 its in the immigrant section. here

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

Also please not that here it says the reciept is valid two days after the payment...

and the on line chat with the call center does not work.

This new system is a joke. nothing works. Stay tuned when I finally get through, I will update here on how it goes with the call center person.

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.