SaddenedNow

Heartbroken and deceived---need help/advice

193 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm calling baiting on this. Everyone gets bad breath and puts their pants on one leg at a time....Ya might as well say, "So your S*** doesn't stink, either?" :angry:

Baiting? Absolutely not...I am baffled by the notion that that poster has said only unhygienic people get bad breath, and I'm trying to get clarification. Certainly not combative as your above example implies. :no:

Is it the most relevant post of the thread? Of course not. But it does amuse me. *shrug*

Edited by Lisa C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not really sure who is bating or who actually is being accused of bating. The point of Steven's post is correct though. Everybody has bad breath sometimes. If you stop "loving" somebody over something small, then you didn't really love them. I'd extend this to point out that the OP still loves his "wife", in spite of what she's done. He's still being respectful, not angry, etc. Even though it can be argued she might deserve poor treatment from him, he's still behaving like a gentleman. This is love.

I've carried this concept around in my signature here for awhile now, heheh.

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
uhm excuse me, I disagree. you can love a person no mattter what yes, but BAD BREATH?! seriously? Thats why there's the word HYGIENE. And if you do love the person you should be health conscious. brush, wash and bathe.
people with condition called halitosis

People get "bad breath" for a myriad of reasons:

1. Eating onions or garlic

2. when they wake in the morning

3. Halitosis as you said

4. Tonsillitis (and other throat infections)

5. When they're sick and vomiting all the time

It does NOT mean they're unhygenic.. it can, but it's not always the case so it's ridiculous to make that sort of statement. I'm willing to bet the person you're attacking about this simply meant one of those situations like "will you still love her when you smell her breath in the morning?".. it's a common saying/question implying that when you spot this first "fault" will it matter to you?

Not really sure who is bating or who actually is being accused of bating. The point of Steven's post is correct though. Everybody has bad breath sometimes. If you stop "loving" somebody over something small, then you didn't really love them. I'd extend this to point out that the OP still loves his "wife", in spite of what she's done. He's still being respectful, not angry, etc. Even though it can be argued she might deserve poor treatment from him, he's still behaving like a gentleman. This is love.

I've carried this concept around in my signature here for awhile now, heheh.

exactly.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

...the OP still loves his "wife", in spite of what she's done.

If SaddenedNow thinks he loves this scammer, then he has a serious character flaw and needs professional help.

exactly.

Exactly what?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

People get "bad breath" for a myriad of reasons:

1. Eating onions or garlic

2. when they wake in the morning

3. Halitosis as you said

4. Tonsillitis (and other throat infections)

5. When they're sick and vomiting all the time

It does NOT mean they're unhygenic.. it can, but it's not always the case so it's ridiculous to make that sort of statement. I'm willing to bet the person you're attacking about this simply meant one of those situations like "will you still love her when you smell her breath in the morning?".. it's a common saying/question implying that when you spot this first "fault" will it matter to you?

exactly.

Bad breath is also caused by tooth cavities.

I've read a few stories of scammers and marriage fraud here on VJ. I've always wanted to see the face of these people committing these acts. I wish there was a picture of this scammer on here.

Ok guys.. knock it off! There's a lot to talk about here rather than talking about bad breaths. If y'all want to talk about hygiene now.. make another thread. Don't hijack someone else's thread who is hurting and in pain.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd extend this to point out that the OP still loves his "wife", in spite of what she's done. He's still being respectful, not angry, etc. Even though it can be argued she might deserve poor treatment from him, he's still behaving like a gentleman. This is love.

I agree, but where we disagree is when some people think love is enough to make a relationship. I think that is not only inaccurate, it is also potentially dangerous or at least destructive. Sometimes loving someone means leaving them, especially as an act of loving yourself.

Ok guys.. knock it off! There's a lot to talk about here rather than talking about bad breaths. If y'all want to talk about hygiene now.. make another thread. Don't hijack someone else's thread who is hurting and in pain.

^_^:thumbs:

I agree, but where we disagree is when some people think love is enough to make a relationship. I think that is not only inaccurate, it is also potentially dangerous or at least destructive. Sometimes loving someone means leaving them, especially as an act of loving yourself.

:thumbs: that's why there's a saying, if u want to love others u should know how to love and respect urself first...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

:pop:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

How was expecting to get slapped around upon his discovery of her deceit a Red Flag?

In some countries is't quite common for the police to turn a blind eye to spouse/child abuse or even spousal rape. Heck in some countries it isn't even illegal.

How was it a red flag, ummmmmmm only in it being the first step in the VAWA "unwritten" handbook as a way to stay in this country!!!!

But sure, let him go ahead and slap her around like she expected, then he won't have to pay for her flight home, she will be able to stay right here and he won't have a cheating problem on his hands anymore.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
How was it a red flag, ummmmmmm only in it being the first step in the VAWA "unwritten" handbook as a way to stay in this country!!!!

But sure, let him go ahead and slap her around like she expected, then he won't have to pay for her flight home, she will be able to stay right here and he won't have a cheating problem on his hands anymore.

Ok, your context is turned around a little bit. Generally Red Flags are indicators of Fraud. Things like lack of physical intimacy and such, you know not behaving as you wold expect in a true relationship.

Her expecting to get slapped when he is angry really doesn't indicate that she's trying to set him up for VAWA especially since she didn't set-up the situation to provoke him to get physically violent with her.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

@OP...Has the scammer boarded her flight yet?

Something sounds fishy. Look at some of the recent stories. They've all sent the girls packing. One guy, bought the ticket the same day or next.

This guy is just stringing us all along :huh:

The OP is just in love and has abused spouse syndrome. Considering reconciliation he's no better than the woman who gets beaten up but tries to make it work with the man because she loves him. The OP obviously loves the girl, but it takes two people in love for a successful marriage. One thing I have learned is that no matter how much you want to, you can't make yourself love someone else. From the sound of his story to me, I'm not sure the girls original intent was to defraud the guy and scam him. I think she wanted to love him. But wanting to love someone isn't going to keep you from playing around with your ex boyfriend who you really do love. OP can love her all he wants and want her to love him back, but she is never going to love him the way he loves her, and the sooner he realizes that and moves on the better. She has proven herself to be someone who makes bad decisions and is WILLING to hurt him to get what she wants - and he is going to have only himself to blame when she hurts him more with a violence charge to stay in the country. I am surprised the OP hasn't posted the last few days... which makes me think he is still thinking/talking reconciliation. If he had revoked her status or made arrangements to put her on a plane, I bet he'd have posted by now. He is probably ashamed to post it because he knows what the consensus is here that he should do. I hope I'm wrong.

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

The OP is just in love and has abused spouse syndrome. Considering reconciliation he's no better than the woman who gets beaten up but tries to make it work with the man because she loves him. The OP obviously loves the girl, but it takes two people in love for a successful marriage. One thing I have learned is that no matter how much you want to, you can't make yourself love someone else. From the sound of his story to me, I'm not sure the girls original intent was to defraud the guy and scam him. I think she wanted to love him. But wanting to love someone isn't going to keep you from playing around with your ex boyfriend who you really do love. OP can love her all he wants and want her to love him back, but she is never going to love him the way he loves her, and the sooner he realizes that and moves on the better. She has proven herself to be someone who makes bad decisions and is WILLING to hurt him to get what she wants - and he is going to have only himself to blame when she hurts him more with a violence charge to stay in the country. I am surprised the OP hasn't posted the last few days... which makes me think he is still thinking/talking reconciliation. If he had revoked her status or made arrangements to put her on a plane, I bet he'd have posted by now. He is probably ashamed to post it because he knows what the consensus is here that he should do. I hope I'm wrong.

VERY WELL SAID !!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.