Sarah Rose Allen

Parents signing IMBRA RFE?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Excuse me <koff koff>.

Ignoring the fact that when someone here is unfamiliar with a thing, they call it illegal, I disagree with all of you, or urge you to look away from the OP's misuse of the word 'forge'.

The OP can give her mother/father specific permission to sign documents on her behalf. My parents and I have done this many times for each other, depending on who is living overseas at the time.

The permission can be given by means of a simple written statement. A little googling goes a long way.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Excuse me <koff koff>.

Ignoring the fact that when someone here is unfamiliar with a thing, they call it illegal, I disagree with all of you, or urge you to look away from the OP's misuse of the word 'forge'.

The OP can give her mother/father specific permission to sign documents on her behalf. My parents and I have done this many times for each other, depending on who is living overseas at the time.

The permission can be given by means of a simple written statement. A little googling goes a long way.

Not with the USCIS...you need to do it personally if it is your petition or by an attorney that is identified on a G-28 form.

Mommy and Daddy dont count.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually I think a power of attorney given to his parents would work. I personally have given a full power of attorney to my mother because of all the military assignments that have taken me away from home since 9/11. A person just has to be careful with whom and what capacity they give a POA.

As far as forging… since I have been in government service for a number of years my advice is you are a fool if you do. When uncle sam wants to bring the hammer down on you he does and with a vengeance.

9/27/05 Met on line

4/16/06 Visit her in the Philippines

4/29/06 Engaged

8/3/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC

8/4/06 Notice left

8/7/06 I-129f delivered at USCIS

8/15/06 NOA1 USCIS received I-129f

8/17/06 Touched

8/20/06 Check scanned and posted on line that is how I got my case number.

8/21/06 NOA1 arrives via snail mail

8/30/06 Touched

10/2/06 NOA 2 "Approved"

10/3/06 Touched

11/01/06 MNL# 2006xxxxxx

11/30/06 Medical

12/06/06 Interview APPROVED

12/19/06 Travel to US Seattle POE, Arrive in Houston

xx/xx/07 Wedding

"When I die bury me upside down so the USCIS can kiss my @$$".

Filed: Timeline

If Mommy and Daddy are signing their name on your behalf then that is one thing... if they are signing your name for it to pass as your signature.. then you deserve the dinial that will come if found out....

I can't belive someone would start their future life with a lie.... just to save a bit of time.... and I would be asking if you are willing to lie about this then what else would you lie about in the future.....

IMO

Kezzie

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Not with the USCIS...you need to do it personally if it is your petition or by an attorney that is identified on a G-28 form.

I'm sorry, DF, I have never read this. Can you show me a link or any information that leads you to this conclusion?

I'm not opposed to taking a conservative approach, but I also don't see the need to fear petition denial for things like not having all your hole punches match up perfectly (I actually never hold punched one form or document submitted).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

As far as forging...I'd say that's a big NO....first of all, they have your sigs all over the place...can your parents duplicate it to not arouse suspicion? And if they send it back again because the sigs don't match...imagine what that would do to your petition.

Not to mention, you get this RFE, your parents sign and mail it straight out....but then there's a paper trail that you were actually OUT OF THE COUNTRY at the time the documents were returned in such a timely fashion...don't you think that would be a little odd? You yourself even said that it would take a while to get them to you, so if they are mailed back before that timeframe, it's clear its not your siggy. There is a paper trail that can be followed.

Furthermore...are you willing to put your parents in risk of being found to have forged government documents? It's prolly an outside chance that anything would happen to them.,..but it IS illegal & could you imagine if some yahoo gov't employee decided to press charges? All for saving you a month of time, or a few bucks in int'l courier fees?

Edited by LisaD

Timeline

I'm sorry, DF, I have never read this. Can you show me a link or any information that leads you to this conclusion?

I'm not opposed to taking a conservative approach, but I also don't see the need to fear petition denial for things like not having all your hole punches match up perfectly (I actually never hold punched one form or document submitted).

I can only speak about personal experience right now. My wife has been in Europe now for almost three months due to a family tragedy that I dont care to describe. She miss two appointments for her biometrics, as I was able to get one extended. Then she received the Notice of Action for our AOS interview scheduled for next Monday in Las Vegas.

I knew that she couldnt be there, so I called to 800 number as instructed by the Notice of Action. The help desk person patched me thru to an Imm. Officer and I was basically told that I have no legal standing in the matter since it is her petition and Im not not her attorney, and therefore powerless. I went to Las Vegas on Monday via INFO PASS and spoke to a real live immigration officer and was told the same. Even if I went out and hired an attorney he could not do anything without a signed G28 from her. I was futher advised that the power of attorney forms that you buy at the stationary store are basically worthless for any kind of transaction in any regard and that the USCIS only uses the G28.

I was told also that her EAD and AOS petitions will be automatically denied due to the no-shows. That she will have no problem reentering the US on her AP document (as verified by both the Consulates in Vienna and Madrid), as she has been getting advice from a Judge that is available to her in Austria.

I wass also told since the petitions will be automatically denied that they do not re-open them and that she can submit new petitions (which I didnt know previously) and continue with the process.

That part I can handle.

thanks.....Mike

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Here is my thoughts. Even if a power of attorney would work, it is a document that needs to be signed by both parties and also notarized. So why would you overnight a power of attorney for signatures when you could just do the same with the RFE and not have to worry about it anymore. ;)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
As far as forging...I'd say that's a big NO....first of all, they have your sigs all over the place...can your parents duplicate it to not arouse suspicion? And if they send it back again because the sigs don't match...imagine what that would do to your petition.

Not to mention, you get this RFE, your parents sign and mail it straight out....but then there's a paper trail that you were actually OUT OF THE COUNTRY at the time the documents were returned in such a timely fashion...don't you think that would be a little odd? You yourself even said that it would take a while to get them to you, so if they are mailed back before that timeframe, it's clear its not your siggy. There is a paper trail that can be followed.

Furthermore...are you willing to put your parents in risk of being found to have forged government documents? It's prolly an outside chance that anything would happen to them.,..but it IS illegal & could you imagine if some yahoo gov't employee decided to press charges? All for saving you a month of time, or a few bucks in int'l courier fees?

Lisa's argument really puts the kabosh on the idea. Just do it yourself, or go through the steps to use power of attorney. Don't let them forge it because it's not going to make sense and you'll spend the whole time worrying if you're going to get caught.

Timeline

The USCIS only deals with licensed attorneys who have a bar card and are authorized to practice law in some state and accepted to practice federal law in federal courts.

Forget about the power of attorney......meaningless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.