Machteld

Strange email about Esta form?!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Ok, so my friend got this email this morning.

'ESTA-SYS-SUPRT@cbp.dhs.gov

to me

show details 10:55 PM (10 hours ago)

ATTENTION! Your travel authorization via ESTA will expire within the next 30 days. Please reapply at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if you intend to travel to the United States in the near future.'

She has a K-1 visa, which she got almost 2 years ago they got married within the 90 days and send the paperwork to prove they were married. But, they never started filling out the I-485 etc, because they are waiting until her husband has a good job (he is still a student right now).

We are wondering what's up with that email though!?

Please help :)

Edited by Machteld

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Anyone who travels on the Visa Waiver Program and possibly (I can't remember) to the US at ALL has to fill out an ESTA form to prove who they are etc etc. It's a requirement from a year or two ago.

She has a K-1 visa, which she got almost 2 years ago they got married within the 90 days and send the paperwork to prove they were married. But, they never started filling out the I-485 etc, because they are waiting until her husband has a good job (he is still a student right now).

Second, you need to tell your friends to get it in gear. If she was approved for the visa then the finances should have been covered for them to file the AOS. They can't just wait forever without risking deportation.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Anyone who travels on the Visa Waiver Program and possibly (I can't remember) to the US at ALL has to fill out an ESTA form to prove who they are etc etc. It's a requirement from a year or two ago.

Second, you need to tell your friends to get it in gear. If she was approved for the visa then the finances should have been covered for them to file the AOS. They can't just wait forever without risking deportation.

My friend and I both know they should start working on it. But her husband keeps saying "don't worry it'll all be fine". We are worried they will say "hey you know what, you were too late you have to go back to your own country" :(

Well, with the finances they were actually slightly under the allowed minimum they just were nice and let her go to the US.

Should I tell her that she should fill it out again? Or should she maybe call them?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My friend and I both know they should start working on it. But her husband keeps saying "don't worry it'll all be fine". We are worried they will say "hey you know what, you were too late you have to go back to your own country" :(

Well, with the finances they were actually slightly under the allowed minimum they just were nice and let her go to the US.

Should I tell her that she should fill it out again? Or should she maybe call them?!

the esta is only needed when traveling to the us, it's just basically a preregistration approval thing. aren't they in the US now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

then she doesn't need to worry about the esta, it's just to pre-approve her travel to the US, and if she does for some reason leave and need it, she can re-apply for it online, costs only 14$ and is instant approval or denial.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
My friend and I both know they should start working on it. But her husband keeps saying "don't worry it'll all be fine". We are worried they will say "hey you know what, you were too late you have to go back to your own country"

Honestly, since she is not raveling TO the US at the moment, I would not recommend she do anything. Delete it!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

What about our situation...my hubby is now a conditional permanent resident...we're getting ready to file the paperwork to remove the conditions on his residency. Does he still need the ESTA if we go visit his family since he has his green card?

Met online January 6, 2007

Met in person May 31, 2007

2nd visit September 21, 2007

3rd visit December 21, 2007

4th visit March 29, 2008

Engaged April 1, 2008 (I know...April Fool's Day...what a day to decide to spend your life together haha)

I-129F mailed June 6, 2008

NOA1 June 19, 2008

Touched July 9, 2008

Touched Nov. 4, 2008

NOA2 Nov. 4, 2008 (FINALLY)

NOA2 received Nov. 12, 2008

Packet 3 received Nov. 14, 2008

Packet 3 sent Nov. 27, 2008

Packet 4 received Dec. 3, 2008

Medical exam scheduled Dec. 16, 2008

Interview scheduled Jan. 6, 2009

K1 Visa APPROVED!!! Jan. 8, 2009

US Entry Feb. 3, 2009

Wedding Feb. 14, 2009

9331.gif

piko1b812n.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.