En&Em

CSC - Five-Month Hold???

155 posts in this topic

Alright, maybe it's time to change the subject.

I suppose we've established that whatever the call center operator told En&Em, it's not radically different from what we were expecting in the first place. It's funny, the minute I saw my ticker change over to 4 months+, I got a sense of calm. I, like many of the filers from the same time, was expecting a quick approval like CSC was churning out in June, and clearly missed the boat. Now that things seem to be moving at the right pace for me to get NOA2 within the expected 5 months, and that's less than a month away, I'm pretty much okay.

Don't get me wrong, I may flip over tomorrow and turn into a banshee. This will definitely happen if they go over the 5 months and tell me 'tough luck', as they have been lately. All bets are off at that point.

I'm nervous about the interviewing stage, because my fiance is quite a lot older than me, and I'm sure they'll pick on that to a degree. Other than that, I get the feeling I've been blessed with a very easygoing embassy. Quick interview dates, fiance allowed to be there... Well, I'll find out how compliant they really are closer to the time. After being pulled into secondary questioning twice at O'Hare, I honestly don't trust those US border agents one smidgen.

But don't tell them I said that...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

being with your fiance is one thing,receiving service is another.i would personally be more than happy to pay more than the 445 or something that we pay now,if i knew that they would be trying to catch up with the backlog or whatever it is that is causing them to start going through petitions as soon as they get close to the five months mark.

another thing you need to keep in mind is that this whole " process " does not end with USCIS,i have already contacted my embassy and as far responding being responsible goes they are not comparable to USCIS,im sure even NVC is better than them,the point being,its wrong to jump to conclusion based on a small portion of the facts.we are all unhappy with USCIS and the way things work,and if i recall it correctly,a couple of weeks ago you were too.as far as United states having the right to deny visas because of the nationality,states is dealing with what they are dealing with based on the high standards they laid upon themselves.we are the ones who are willing to leave our country and families behind just because our loved ones are USCs,but there are A LOT of people who immigrate based on the image that the states has been advertising in different countries.i am thankful for going through the same process over all as a filipino,dutch or aussie,however,i dont think the difference there is among USCIS service centers is correct or fair.

I debated replying to this because I don't want to cause trouble but the bolded sentence annoyed me too much to ignore.

I kinda had to figure you would bring up the fact that I received my NOA2. That is besides the point, because I waited almost 5 months, just as the people in this thread have done. Some are over 5 months, some are close to 5 months. It's not like I magically got my NOA2 in 2 months. And, if you actually go back and read the threads, when people were b!tching and moaning about CSC being out of the processing times of 5 months, I actually piped up and said no they were not. Does it suck to wait? Yeah, it sucks.

You keep moaning about the service you are or aren't receiving. Venting is one thing, and we all do it, but complaining that we aren't getting the service we "paid for" is not going to help anything. You pay for what you get. Your fiance actually paid to petition you to apply for a visa, NOT for it to DEFINITELY BE DONE WITHIN 5 months. CSC will not issue any refunds or anything of the sorts if someone is not approved after 5 months. It's just never going to happen.

And, I'm quite familiar that the "process" does not end with USCIS's service centres. I'm familiar with NVC, and the consulates, the POE, then EAD/AP/Green card, then 10 year green card, then Naturalization, if a person so chooses and qualifies. I, too, have researched my consulate. And happen to know it is one of the slowest in the world. Is it fair? NOPE. Am I grateful to have the opportunity to present my case to a CO and pray he finds the validity in my relationship and grant me a visa? YUP.

Your comment to J was uncalled for. Yes, she gets to see her fiance more often than a lot of couples, but she also gave up her entire life to do that. She gave up her 6 figure job and her own place and everything she had created for herself in adulthood to be close to A. We all make sacrifices in this process, so do not discredit someone just because they get to see their fiance fairly often.

Your sense of entitlement in this process will not get your far. If you go into your interview with guns a'blazing and ready to tell a CO how grossly unfair this process is, be prepared to be disappointed.

Count your blessings.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Timeline

Alright, maybe it's time to change the subject.

I suppose we've established that whatever the call center operator told En&Em, it's not radically different from what we were expecting in the first place. It's funny, the minute I saw my ticker change over to 4 months+, I got a sense of calm. I, like many of the filers from the same time, was expecting a quick approval like CSC was churning out in June, and clearly missed the boat. Now that things seem to be moving at the right pace for me to get NOA2 within the expected 5 months, and that's less than a month away, I'm pretty much okay.

Don't get me wrong, I may flip over tomorrow and turn into a banshee. This will definitely happen if they go over the 5 months and tell me 'tough luck', as they have been lately. All bets are off at that point.

I'm nervous about the interviewing stage, because my fiance is quite a lot older than me, and I'm sure they'll pick on that to a degree. Other than that, I get the feeling I've been blessed with a very easygoing embassy. Quick interview dates, fiance allowed to be there... Well, I'll find out how compliant they really are closer to the time. After being pulled into secondary questioning twice at O'Hare, I honestly don't trust those US border agents one smidgen.

But don't tell them I said that...

DOn't be nervous! You aren't going to be at a high fraud consulate, and as far as I know, age difference for the Netherlands is not a big deal. You'll do great. My fiance is 7 years older than I am, and I really doubt it will even come up as a question! Seriously, don't fret over it.

That's a great attitude to have over your consulate. Time will fly once you receive NOA2.

PS - just a random fact, but my grandfather served Canada in WW2 over in the Netherlands :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I debated replying to this because I don't want to cause trouble but the bolded sentence annoyed me too much to ignore.

I kinda had to figure you would bring up the fact that I received my NOA2. That is besides the point, because I waited almost 5 months, just as the people in this thread have done. Some are over 5 months, some are close to 5 months. It's not like I magically got my NOA2 in 2 months. And, if you actually go back and read the threads, when people were b!tching and moaning about CSC being out of the processing times of 5 months, I actually piped up and said no they were not. Does it suck to wait? Yeah, it sucks.

You keep moaning about the service you are or aren't receiving. Venting is one thing, and we all do it, but complaining that we aren't getting the service we "paid for" is not going to help anything. You pay for what you get. Your fiance actually paid to petition you to apply for a visa, NOT for it to DEFINITELY BE DONE WITHIN 5 months. CSC will not issue any refunds or anything of the sorts if someone is not approved after 5 months. It's just never going to happen.

And, I'm quite familiar that the "process" does not end with USCIS's service centres. I'm familiar with NVC, and the consulates, the POE, then EAD/AP/Green card, then 10 year green card, then Naturalization, if a person so chooses and qualifies. I, too, have researched my consulate. And happen to know it is one of the slowest in the world. Is it fair? NOPE. Am I grateful to have the opportunity to present my case to a CO and pray he finds the validity in my relationship and grant me a visa? YUP.

Your comment to J was uncalled for. Yes, she gets to see her fiance more often than a lot of couples, but she also gave up her entire life to do that. She gave up her 6 figure job and her own place and everything she had created for herself in adulthood to be close to A. We all make sacrifices in this process, so do not discredit someone just because they get to see their fiance fairly often.

Your sense of entitlement in this process will not get your far. If you go into your interview with guns a'blazing and ready to tell a CO how grossly unfair this process is, be prepared to be disappointed.

Count your blessings.

The thing that bugs me about some members here is that they act like the US government is some kind of customer-service oriented business. The last time I checked, the processing times website doesn't say, "Get your approval in 5 months or it's free!" USCIS is NOT Pizza Hut, and we are not ordering pizzas here. We are paying for the cost to move to a different country and they are not obligated to process it quickly. It takes as long as it takes and if people can't handle that, they need to go elsewhere. They don't owe us speedy service, they are not a business.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Well I think everyone is just frustrated and misses their loved ones. It is a bit crazy to make people wait this long for something that takes 15 minutes. It's a very broken system.

That said, I really need to see some July approvals this week. Something. ANYTHING. I'm dying here.

Edited by gap1

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Timeline

Well I think everyone is just frustrated and misses their loved ones. It is a bit crazy to make people wait this long for something that takes 15 minutes. It's a very broken system.

That said, I really need to see some July approvals this week. Something. ANYTHING. I'm dying here.

The system might be broken, but it's the only legal option we have of immigrating. I agree it's tough to be without your loved one.

We get to see our fiances around the same time!! Are you already making plans and such for your visit?? Haha I'm trying to restrain myself, since we'll have family obligations over the holidays, but I just want to make an intinerary of plans haha.... I love doing new things together, and we always try to experience something new together on each visit, even if it's something seemingly lame like going to a museum we haven't been to. When he was here in September, we went to Niagara Falls! It was awesome and even better because we were together.

Have you been to the Tower of London on a visit??? When my fiance and I went there last summer (he grew up in the UK and his family still lives there), we did all the touristy stuff but didn't get a chance to actually DO any of it, we just kinda took pictures outside... next time, I really want to do the Tower of London tour. haha, I'm such a geeky tourist.

DOn't be nervous! You aren't going to be at a high fraud consulate, and as far as I know, age difference for the Netherlands is not a big deal. You'll do great. My fiance is 7 years older than I am, and I really doubt it will even come up as a question! Seriously, don't fret over it.

That's a great attitude to have over your consulate. Time will fly once you receive NOA2.

PS - just a random fact, but my grandfather served Canada in WW2 over in the Netherlands :)

Haha, thanks, I try not to be nervous. I would almost forget that our relationship is truly bonafide, so it shouldn't be that hard to prove. In any case, all you can do is gather all the necessary and seemingly unnecessary documents you can lay your hands on and hope for the best. My parents emigrated to Holland from England (pre-EU, so about as difficult as this is for us), and consulates and immigration officers do make it as difficult as possible. That's their job. You have to prove you are totally committed and persistent, so that's what I'm counting on.

Random fact for you: my aunt married a Canadian and lived in Toronto for several years. I remember visiting when I was about 8, going to a national reserve and sinking waist-deep in snow. A childhood dream come true!

And, just to join in, I'm also seeing my fiance around the same time as you and gap1. (I am totally spoilt, because he only left last Tuesday after visiting me here). It's our first big holiday together, New Year's Eve, I'm almost too excited about that!

The system might be broken, but it's the only legal option we have of immigrating. I agree it's tough to be without your loved one.

We get to see our fiances around the same time!! Are you already making plans and such for your visit?? Haha I'm trying to restrain myself, since we'll have family obligations over the holidays, but I just want to make an intinerary of plans haha.... I love doing new things together, and we always try to experience something new together on each visit, even if it's something seemingly lame like going to a museum we haven't been to. When he was here in September, we went to Niagara Falls! It was awesome and even better because we were together.

Have you been to the Tower of London on a visit??? When my fiance and I went there last summer (he grew up in the UK and his family still lives there), we did all the touristy stuff but didn't get a chance to actually DO any of it, we just kinda took pictures outside... next time, I really want to do the Tower of London tour. haha, I'm such a geeky tourist.

I haven't been to the Tower of London since the first time I visited the UK in 02. It's cool to see once, but quite touristy. I am obsessed with Westminster Abbey. No matter how many times I see London I have to walk past Big Ben and just bask in its shadows. I'm in love with England, I hope we move there in a few years.

Since then I've made loads of friends in England so I tend to just hang out at their flats and go on train or road trips outside of London. When I visit next month we're going to drive to Bath and Cornwall, then his mom is letting us use her house for a big engagement party. I can't wait.

Edited by gap1

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

I haven't been to the Tower of London since the first time I visited the UK in 02. It's cool to see once, but quite touristy. I am obsessed with Westminster Abbey. No matter how many times I see London I have to walk past Big Ben and just bask in its shadows. I'm in love with England, I hope we move there in a few years.

Since then I've made loads of friends in England so I tend to just hang out at their flats and go on train or road trips outside of London. When I visit next month we're going to drive to Bath and Cornwall, then his mom is letting us use her house for a big engagement party. I can't wait.

That's awesome about your engagement party. That will be a lot of fun! I'm not doing anything like that, because I'm away from my friends in Nova Scotia & friends in California... so there's no real point. One of my friends here wants to throw me a bachelorette party in the spring, but I'm not sure I'm interested haha.... big parties really aren't my thing. I'm a geek.

Road trips are fun. Have you heard of/been to Lyme Regis? That was an old holiday haunt of my fiance's childhood, so we visited there with his family... it was really nice. I tried clotted cream ice cream. haha SO bad for you, but amazingly delicious.

We also went to a carvery! His mum kept talking about going to one, and I really had no idea what she was talking about, but I just went along with it and said I was really looking forward to it hahaha... then I finally got what it was. The restaurant literally carves the meat at stations and you pick out what you want, along with veggies & Yorkshire pudding, etc.

We didn't take the tour of Westminster Abbey. I really regret not doing all of that. We only spent 1 day in London, and it was basically running around trying to cram as much in as possible. We're planning to go to England & France on our honeymoon next Christmas to spend it with the fiance's family, so hopefully we will do some more stuff then!

And, agreed... England is amazing. I would love to move there, and if we could find jobs, we would love to move "back" (since he's from England). I think we intend to wait until I get my US citizenship, so we would never have to bother with immigration again, if we ever left the US and wanted to come back. But for the meantime, I'm pretty content with California :)

What part of CA did you say you wanted to move to again?? I recommend southern CA :) haha... I'm biased though

Nah I hate Southern California. It's a great place to visit though. We're hoping to move to San Francisco. :P

I completely understand what you mean about wanting to get the US leg of immigration over with. He doesn't want to settle here, he just wants to spend a few years on this side of the Atlantic. I'm hoping he doesn't get too attached because I want to move there badly.

I'm from Chicago, so the bulk of my family and friends are here. We already had an engagement party here last month when he visited. It was amazing. The best part about this distance problem (on a very short list of pros) is that we get to double the parties!

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nah I hate Southern California. It's a great place to visit though. We're hoping to move to San Francisco. :P

I completely understand what you mean about wanting to get the US leg of immigration over with. He doesn't want to settle here, he just wants to spend a few years on this side of the Atlantic. I'm hoping he doesn't get too attached because I want to move there badly.

I'm from Chicago, so the bulk of my family and friends are here. We already had an engagement party here last month when he visited. It was amazing. The best part about this distance problem (on a very short list of pros) is that we get to double the parties!

Hey, quit writing on VJ and go write in your blog! :P

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Hey, quit writing on VJ and go write in your blog! :P

I know, it's been too long. Tom is going to kill me. I just can't get motivated to do anything but stare at the calendar and feel sorry for myself lately. I can't wait until I can stop dreading the present so much.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Timeline

I know, it's been too long. Tom is going to kill me. I just can't get motivated to do anything but stare at the calendar and feel sorry for myself lately. I can't wait until I can stop dreading the present so much.

Hey, at least one more day has gone by now! Happy Monday! :)

I can understand why people don't like Socal... it's ... overwhelming, is the first and foremost word I would use to describe it. Northern California is a lot more laid back and easy going.... not 9000 million people all up in your face constantly... hahah I enjoy Northern CA as well, but for some reason, I love Southern CA. I think maybe because it's the polar opposite of whpere I grew up, in rural Nova Scotia. hahaha, my parents still have to drive 10 minutes to get a carton of milk. And everything closes at like 5 pm, we JUST got Sunday shopping in NS a few years ago, and it's just so archaic.... beautiful spot, just living in the 1400's, haha... so anyway, I figure that's why I enjoy California. Home of 24-hour everything!!

sad note, fiance's grandma is in the hospital, so happy thoughts/prayers for her

Side note, why is my VJ time 1 hour off my clock? My computer clock says 6:59, but my post just said 7:59. Did something not get changed with daylight savings?

Hey, at least one more day has gone by now! Happy Monday! :)

I can understand why people don't like Socal... it's ... overwhelming, is the first and foremost word I would use to describe it. Northern California is a lot more laid back and easy going.... not 9000 million people all up in your face constantly... hahah I enjoy Northern CA as well, but for some reason, I love Southern CA. I think maybe because it's the polar opposite of whpere I grew up, in rural Nova Scotia. hahaha, my parents still have to drive 10 minutes to get a carton of milk. And everything closes at like 5 pm, we JUST got Sunday shopping in NS a few years ago, and it's just so archaic.... beautiful spot, just living in the 1400's, haha... so anyway, I figure that's why I enjoy California. Home of 24-hour everything!!

sad note, fiance's grandma is in the hospital, so happy thoughts/prayers for her

Side note, why is my VJ time 1 hour off my clock? My computer clock says 6:59, but my post just said 7:59. Did something not get changed with daylight savings?

The number of people don't bother me, I live in a city of 8 million. I just find Socal people (especially LA) very superficial (not everyone of course). I hate that you can't take public transportation easily and everyone drives. I also think I'd develop an eating disorder within a few weeks of moving there. :lol:

Yes, it's Monday. Another week, another lack of update.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Has anybody received similar information about a supposed "five-month hold" at CSC? Does anybody have some perspective about this?

There is no 5 month hold....just they have a 5 month backlop. And, NVC is not involved with your petition at this time, USCIS is. Look at your timeline and then look at ours. Compare the two and you will have more information on when to expect something next. For now, you wait.....

but....for more information and entertainment, mvoe on over to the RUB regional forum where there a tons of folks who are in your and have been in your situation.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.