En&Em

CSC - Five-Month Hold???

155 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Okay, so I'm still confused. Is it they won't even LOOK at the applications for 5 months, so it could, in theory, take 10 months for a #*!$#!ing K1 visa?!? Or am I just freaking out and the person just worded it really poorly?

I just reported what I was told and understood. I thought my description was as clear as it was stated to me. My impression was as yours: My file and all of those on hold would not really even be looked at until after the hold period (unless things changed, which was also a possibility). But now I am interpreting things a little bit.

I did not ask the NCSC staff to explain very detail about the process, and I don't have all the answers about how things work at CSC. I discussed this one concept, and I have asked if others have heard similar things or if they might have clarification.

In addition, I also stated the following (which is based on posts within VJ, not on my call with the NCSC):

At the same time, some describe that the reason the process takes so long is, not because the applications are difficult, but because there are so many--a couple thousand or so each month. So files sitting seems to be part of the process, almost by definition. Theoretically, if true, they could process a complete application and issue the NOA2 the same day.

To provide a little more detail about this, some people have described that the CSC staff really needs only about 15 minutes with each I-129F file. So, if sufficient information is submitted (and if these people are correct), supposedly the CSC staff needs very little time to review a single application. Under this theory, most of the delay is just waiting for the CSC to get through the files ahead of you. If this is true, if they start processing September 2010 applications in February 2011, most of those applications could be approved right away.

Some people have responded that the five-month hold described to me is really no different than the five-month processing goal. I certainly wondered that, too, and asked the NCSC staff person how the five-month hold related to or affected the five-month goal (but I did not get a very direct response). Anyway, if the files could mostly be completed processed shortly after they were started in Februay 2011, that would be more or less true.

Hopefully they will issue the NOA2 to all June filers this month. Goodluck and Godbless to everyone! :star: Keep the hopes going. To all late filers, hang on there.... your turn is coming!

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

mmk people,here is what happens,you mail them the petition,they receive it, cash the check,and put it away,why?because of the alleged backlog they have,the point is,your petition wont go over 5 months time frame.

i suppose we are all disappointed because we expected them to try to go through cases as quick as possible,maybe go through june quickly,so they can go through july and september before their five months mark ,but at this point,it seems impossible to get noa 2 before the 150th day,thats it.

Edited by ygr

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

from what I have seen the CR1 visa applications were getting backlogged so they had to shift manpower to get those up to date. when they have those finished they may have to start on another type of visa application. they only have so many employees to do applications and they have to shift manpower to do what they can with the people they have. the government is not very efficient at anything they do so expect delays and screw ups.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wouldn't get too wound up about the "hold." According to this, they would start approving June filers in November. That can't be correct because they started approving June filers in mid-October. Unless November goes by without ANY July filers being approved, I wouldn't worry about this. I actually think it was a round-about and incorrect way the operator described the 5 month processing time frame.

Exactly correct. The operator simply screwed up the answer to his question which resulted in a firestorm. There is nothing new or different about what is going on.

People should know that the only limit to how many calls they can make is in direct realtionship to how much punishment they can absorb. The people answering the questions dont know enough to even ask someone that does, before they respond.

I am a veteran of this waiting game & the misinformation they put out. My own case took 408 days

Edited by Ning

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The person on the other end of the phone told you five months because they are told that it can take five months to process. They will never tell you any other time frame. This does not mean it won't happen sooner. In my estimation, if CSC doesn't take another break like the 2 month hiatus this year, many of us will see our NOA2s in 3-4 months. Just don't be surprised if it is 5 months. It's best to plan on it being five months, stay away from this message board but a couple times a week (or less), and find things to occupy your time until you get an unexpected email from CSC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thiis just sounds like the standard 5 month guideline as usual. If they get caught up with the backlog, they may start on the sept. Petitions.

If you start this thinking a noa2 will come any sooner than a 5 month wait, you are gonna be disapointed.

I was. Expect 5 months, be suprised if it is earlier. I havent seen my girl since May but now maybe we will be together in 2 more months or less.

As you can read here, its all about waiting.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The operator simply screwed up the answer to his question which resulted in a firestorm. There is nothing new or different about what is going on.

People should know that the only limit to how many calls they can make is in direct realtionship to how much punishment they can absorb. The people answering the questions dont know enough to even ask someone that does, before they respond.

I am a veteran of this waiting game & the misinformation they put out. My own case took 408 days

Thank you for the perspective.

Just to be clear and correct a minor misperception, I was not calling NCSC to request the status of my application at CSC. I read this site; I read the USCIS site; I know that I have no basis to request information about the timing of my application until a full five months after my NOA1.

I had a legitimate, independent reason to call.

Before I could even ask my question, however, the customer service rep said to me, your application is on a "five-month hold." I even said to her, I am not calling to find out the status of my application, but now that you provided that information, I have some questions. If you read my original posts, I try to explain this.

There is a lot of speculation about whether the rep was talking about the five-month processing goal or whether she actually was discussing a five-month hold. I am very familiar with the CSC and VSC goals for processing I-129F applications. I was concerned that the rep was confused. But she clearly told me the application was on hold--several times as I tried to make sure.

Was the rep confused or choosing her words poorly? Perhaps. Was the rep's information about the hold basically the same as telling me the application would take the full five months? Probably, assuming that the NOA2s can be issued the same day as the application is actually reviewed (some previous posts have said, that once the application is actually reviewed, it takes the staff person only about 15 minutes to reach a decision on a complete application).

Regardless, I shared the information the rep clearly told me and then I asked others on VJ for any similar information/experiences, to determine the validity of the information I received. At this point, most of the comments have been speculation that either I was confused or the rep was confused. I was not. The rep might have been.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much. It makes sense that they're told to say that given the standard 5 month wait (same as a 5 month hold). From what I understand, everyone that calls is told something ridiculous because they want to cover themselves. Technically, June filers being processed in November makes sense on paper given the 5 month processing time.

As long as they keep churning out approvals I'm not going to worry. If they stop again, then we can sweat.

i filed july 19 and alraedy got approved

Timeline

i filed july 19 and alraedy got approved

and you failed to read the title correctly too,CSC NOT VSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the perspective.

Just to be clear and correct a minor misperception, I was not calling NCSC to request the status of my application at CSC. I read this site; I read the USCIS site; I know that I have no basis to request information about the timing of my application until a full five months after my NOA1.

I had a legitimate, independent reason to call.

Before I could even ask my question, however, the customer service rep said to me, your application is on a "five-month hold." I even said to her, I am not calling to find out the status of my application, but now that you provided that information, I have some questions. If you read my original posts, I try to explain this.

There is a lot of speculation about whether the rep was talking about the five-month processing goal or whether she actually was discussing a five-month hold. I am very familiar with the CSC and VSC goals for processing I-129F applications. I was concerned that the rep was confused. But she clearly told me the application was on hold--several times as I tried to make sure.

Was the rep confused or choosing her words poorly? Perhaps. Was the rep's information about the hold basically the same as telling me the application would take the full five months? Probably, assuming that the NOA2s can be issued the same day as the application is actually reviewed (some previous posts have said, that once the application is actually reviewed, it takes the staff person only about 15 minutes to reach a decision on a complete application).

Regardless, I shared the information the rep clearly told me and then I asked others on VJ for any similar information/experiences, to determine the validity of the information I received. At this point, most of the comments have been speculation that either I was confused or the rep was confused. I was not. The rep might have been.

I don't believe you were confused, I believe the Misinformation Line was at it again. Interesting discussion, but I don't think what the rep said is accurate. It doesn't make sense because according to the rep, June applications wouldn't be processed until this month. We know from Igor's List that lots of people were approved in October and they've been continuing. They're now about 50% done June (well, 50% of VJ users) and it's only the 9th. I know you're just reporting what you were told, but it doesn't make any sense. And I quote Ann Landers when I say, if something doesn't make sense, it means it's not right. But as I said, the fault of this is on USCIS, not you.

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

i think they most likely have been getting a lot of calls regarding which months they are processing and all,so they decided to play the whole " wait" scenario to get people off their back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I am kind of at a loss for words. So supposedly, potentially, the files are just sitting there, not being actively worked on for 5 months. So we get an extra 5 months of waiting for them to RESUME the process? I don't know what to say if this is in fact true.

It's basically what has happened to all of us June filers. My last "touch" was July 21. It's been stagnant ever since with no touches yet either. All files are basically on "hold" whether officially or unofficially as they process the backlogged applications. It's a CROCK, and I'm so indescribably angry. I know I'm hopefully at the end of my wait, but we've all been there September, October, November filers....It feels so unfair to have someone tell you to put your life on hold. But at least we are all doing it the legal way which should cause fewer problems down the road. Best of luck to everyone! Keep your heads up! Plan some trips to visit if you can!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

OK, For what it is worth. I called 1-800-375-5283. The person I spoke to was polite but obviously restricted to a script. I was polite and asked what the five month time frame meant. The answer was that it was the expected time before a petition would be in front of someone for adjudication. This is essentially what I have gathered from reading here on VJ. There was no mention of a hold. I did not pursue that subject. There is ample evidence here that the actual time frame and expected time frame are only marginally related. This does not really clear anything up, but I am going to be positive and assume that the person En & Em spoke with was not well informed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.