En&Em

CSC - Five-Month Hold???

155 posts in this topic

I think it’s safe to say that this 5 month hold thing was just an uninformed CSC operator. July people are getting touches and approvals now, if the 5 month hold thing was true we wouldn’t see any movement until at least December.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I think it’s safe to say that this 5 month hold thing was just an uninformed CSC operator. July people are getting touches and approvals now, if the 5 month hold thing was true we wouldn’t see any movement until at least December.

Terrible isn't it? And to think most of us had hoped we'd be united with our loved ones for Christmas. Hope yours comes soon.

:::::

www.yamashitariki.com :::::

writings . music . art . film . photography

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greenland
Timeline

OK, For what it is worth. I called 1-800-375-5283. The person I spoke to was polite but obviously restricted to a script. I was polite and asked what the five month time frame meant. The answer was that it was the expected time before a petition would be in front of someone for adjudication. This is essentially what I have gathered from reading here on VJ. There was no mention of a hold. I did not pursue that subject. There is ample evidence here that the actual time frame and expected time frame are only marginally related. This does not really clear anything up, but I am going to be positive and assume that the person En & Em spoke with was not well informed.

Everyone that calls the NCSC should take into respect that they take around 24,000 calls a day. With so many people calling and asking about the status of the case, wouldn't you just keep repeating yourself? Also you should think about the representative, they are only doing their jobs .. The job that feeds their family and pays their bills, wouldn't you be sticking to your guns and script if you had all of that on the line? Think about it people before you call, clearly the first person you speak to is misinformed, but only because they are simply trying to survive in this world. Do your own research if you feel you have been misinformed besides blaming someone else for your problem and concerns.

------------------- Time line -------------------

02/01/2011 - I-129F sent VIA Express mail.

/////////////////////////////////////////

02/09/2011 - NOA1 Received

////////////////////////////////////////

05/02/2011 - NOA2 Received

05/02/2011 - Plane ticket bought. Departing for Denmark 05/15/2011.

Ameq has been given a 6 month life expectancy, Please keep her in your prayers.

///////////////////////////////////////

05/30/2011 - National Visa Center Received

//////////////////////////////////////

07/06/2011 - Copenhagen Received

/////////////////////////////////////

07/10/2011 - 7:21 AM - Kolding Sygehus, Kolding, Denmark

Ameq passed away, process withdrawn.

--------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------- LEGAL AGREEMENT -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By taking my opinion or advice, hearby giving up any rights or legal actions that can be used against me under a court of law. The information that has been provided is a basic knowledge of the immigration process and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Everyone that calls the NCSC should take into respect that they take around 24,000 calls a day. With so many people calling and asking about the status of the case, wouldn't you just keep repeating yourself? Also you should think about the representative, they are only doing their jobs .. The job that feeds their family and pays their bills, wouldn't you be sticking to your guns and script if you had all of that on the line? Think about it people before you call, clearly the first person you speak to is misinformed, but only because they are simply trying to survive in this world. Do your own research if you feel you have been misinformed besides blaming someone else for your problem and concerns.

Doing there jobs? I called a couple months ago and the woman on the other end of the line was an angry, mean and RUDE person who had no RIGHT or REASON to treat me the way she did. As she was reading from her script, she came to the part where they ask "Are you the applicant or petitioner?" I simply asked, "can you please clarify the difference between the two before I answer?" and was met with yelling "I'm the one asking the questions here!" In a thick NY accent, "You need to wait till I'm done asking my questions and then you'll have your time!" "Excuse me" I replied. "No, excuse me!" she mocked rudely. THIS WAS ONLY SECONDS INTO OUR PHONE CALL.

I asked to speak with her supervisor and she declined, knowing that there was really nothing I could do and nobody I could report her to. They mumble their employee number when they answer the phone but the calls aren't recorded, There is no mandatory customer service.

I decided to hang up and call back. This time I got a friendly older woman with a raspy voice of a person who as been smoking her whole life and who was obviously new on the job because she kept losing her place in the script. I was polite back (as usual) and asked for my call to be escalated. She complied with no hesitation.

After being on hold for 20 minutes (and listening to that god awful jingle they have playing around and around and around) my call was finally taken by a guy who sounded like he'd eaten two Xanex bars for breakfast. Slurred, speech, uncertainty in his replies, and HORRIBLE customer service skills. He essentially told me he did not know why I received the letter (below) and that I was wasting my time in calling because he had no idea what it meant.

On November 22, 2010, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days from November 22, 2010, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application with fee.

So "Expert", before you go on defending these people about "doing there jobs" because "they have a family to feed", consider occurrences like this in which the person who is requesting "service" is receiving nothing but difficulties. I work in the service industry and have for 20 years. I have a family to feed and I treat people with Respect because I know it's my job to and that if I don't, I won't be bringing home a paycheck. I don't believe the same applies at USCIS.

Im with dogspot on this. Besides... isn't it hard to 'do our own research' when we can't get any information from the source? (USCIS) If we don't ask them directly, we run the risk of being completely misinformed by people on forums.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.