Brad and Vika

WTF! I cannot believe she said that!!!

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was told by a woman from Switzerland that once my fiancee has lived in America for a few years, she won't want to go back home. She said that although the friends and family are there and it is nice to reminiscence, once they get used to the way of life in this country they will not want to go back to a lesser life. Lena and I have talked about retiring to Ukraine, but that is still pretty far off, if at all. I can see myself living there for about six months a year, but probably not in the winter. :thumbs:

I like to think that the change in opinion has more to do with us having a life here and adjusting to their new life. There seems to be one common thread among all our wives. They want to travel to many other places and not necessarily back to the home country. It's an easy solution too, just add money. :rofl:

we may also go back to Ukraine but keep a place here when I retire and Alla teaches english, but I think it would not be for a long period and Alla now wnats to be a citizen first so she can always come back without a problem. But we will see. She is also saying (just tonight) that maybe she will find some ESL classes she can teach somewhere here in the US (hint, hint)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

we may also go back to Ukraine but keep a place here when I retire and Alla teaches english, but I think it would not be for a long period and Alla now wnats to be a citizen first so she can always come back without a problem. But we will see. She is also saying (just tonight) that maybe she will find some ESL classes she can teach somewhere here in the US (hint, hint)

I see the angling and hinting too :lol: Never an admission that she has changed her mind though.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I see the angling and hinting too :lol: Never an admission that she has changed her mind though.

My Alla loves it here. It's not that Russia and Moscow or her hometown are bad but there are just so many more wonderful things here that she thoroughly enjoys......

Cheap clothes(virtually free, really this shirt for $1)

Cheap food (and good and fresh, farmers market produce, etc)

Fresh Mangos (like Thailand)

Fresh Papaya (never had that)

Seedless Watermelon (in the Midwest, as sweet as seeded)

Chicago style pizza

Gyros sandwichs

Greektown (the best braised lamb)

Fresh Wisconsin cheese purchased at the factory (very very nice)

Phil's expert grilling (anything, salmon, lean pork steaks, asparagus, zuccinni from the garden, slow smoked BBQ ribs)

Her Garden (never before, she was like a kid at Christmas during the first harvest)

Her Flowers (never planted her own, these days finds her planting tulip and hycinth bulbs everywhere)

Camping at State Parks (clean spots with table and fire pit and showers with warm water and flush toilets = heaven)

Doing everything with her husband

Doing everything with her child

Doing everything together as a family

Recently they went back for 5 weeks to visit Moscow and the hometown and family and friends. She did mention, especially when she was in Moscow, that she had her eyes wide open and was seeing things that maybe she just took for granted or just glossed over....the bums and drunkards in the parks and near the children's playgrounds, the mothers smoking up a storm next to the their small children, the metal playground equipment with dirt floors (versus the plastic, well kept equipment here with soft cushiony materials beneath). We will go back to visit often but also know that we want to visit a lot of other places both here in the US and nearby and other countries as well.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

It's an easy solution too, just add money. :rofl:

We have that same solution in our house!

Never an admission that she has changed her mind though.

My wife won't come out and say it...

"So do you remember back when you told me you'd never become a citizen and didn't really like it here and wanted to go home? What changed your mind?"

"Because I have new plan."

Always scheming. Always thinking of that next step. But, as I told her from day one, "this is how it's going to work." Guess which way it's been working?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

We have that same solution in our house!

My wife won't come out and say it...

"So do you remember back when you told me you'd never become a citizen and didn't really like it here and wanted to go home? What changed your mind?"

"Because I have new plan."

Always scheming. Always thinking of that next step. But, as I told her from day one, "this is how it's going to work." Guess which way it's been working?

I find it helpful to not point out that it was my plan to start with. I say that I am sure the new plan will work, and I am very happy with it - then move on :lol: But honestly, living only in America was a plan she came up with all by her lonesome. Can't say enough how nice it is to have her clear up all that uncertainty.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I find it helpful to not point out that it was my plan to start with. I say that I am sure the new plan will work, and I am very happy with it - then move on :lol: But honestly, living only in America was a plan she came up with all by her lonesome. Can't say enough how nice it is to have her clear up all that uncertainty.

Yeah...sometimes I just don't bite off on any of it. "Sure sweetheart, yes it is a wonderful idea. Yes, really."

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am sure these women love being right all the time

Of course! It is natural.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am sure these women love being right all the time

Yes, they say "You Boss", and just when you start to believe it... :rofl:

Irina (my ex) was the same. Everything was better in Russia. But when I would say, "OK, great, lets move to Russia" she would balk "it too hard live zere!". "why don't you want to live in Russia Honey?" "Cheap clothes here" :rofl:

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Yes, they say "You Boss", and just when you start to believe it... :rofl:

Irina (my ex) was the same. Everything was better in Russia. But when I would say, "OK, great, lets move to Russia" she would balk "it too hard live zere!". "why don't you want to live in Russia Honey?" "Cheap clothes here" :rofl:

Vika used to complain all the time about the lack of busses - now that she has a car, she hates the busses in Ukraine, and raves about being able to go exactly to the shop she wants, when she wants.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Vika used to complain all the time about the lack of busses - now that she has a car, she hates the busses in Ukraine, and raves about being able to go exactly to the shop she wants, when she wants.

:thumbs: Alla now gets agitated at the idea of busses. Not just inconvenienced but ANNOYED

Gary And Alla

:thumbs: Alla now gets agitated at the idea of busses. Not just inconvenienced but ANNOYED

**gasp** I think I see a pattern here :devil:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

**gasp** I think I see a pattern here :devil:

Do you have a garage door opener with a button in her car? :lol: She used to ride a bus everywhere. Our first hjouse here had no garage so she slogged through the snow but it "isn't bad because it is only a few steps, not like in Ukraine" Then we got a house with a garage and now she has to have an automatic opener with a "button in her car". She is angling for a remote starter for her car, but it scares me. Attached garage...remote starter...Ukrainian woman. You figure it out. I think I prefer to just go out each morning OPEN the garage door and start her car for her. I predict a longer life expectancy

Gary And Alla

Do you have a garage door opener with a button in her car? :lol: She used to ride a bus everywhere. Our first hjouse here had no garage so she slogged through the snow but it "isn't bad because it is only a few steps, not like in Ukraine" Then we got a house with a garage and now she has to have an automatic opener with a "button in her car". She is angling for a remote starter for her car, but it scares me. Attached garage...remote starter...Ukrainian woman. You figure it out. I think I prefer to just go out each morning OPEN the garage door and start her car for her. I predict a longer life expectancy

We started out with a garage opener. Vika used to tell me all the time how spoiled Americans are, and that she doesn't mind being out in the weather. Now I see a definite change (of action, with total silence about the subject) when it is raining or cold. She tends to head for cover just like the rest of us.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We started out with a garage opener. Vika used to tell me all the time how spoiled Americans are, and that she doesn't mind being out in the weather. Now I see a definite change (of action, with total silence about the subject) when it is raining or cold. She tends to head for cover just like the rest of us.

It's funny how they change their tune after THEY get "spoiled" a little, eh? :rofl:

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.