UmmSqueakster

Flying while arab/muslim

438 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
The Arab American population has a lower unemployment rate too. I guess the turbans and hijabs are not interfering the way you would like them to.

Please provide the source

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think expecting no one, not one person to be offended, annoyed, angry etc. at someone praying out loud in public is asking a bit much.

I know everything thinks they should respect everyone so we shoudl recpect those who want to pray wherever whenever and to those who don't like it well why not respect what they want as well which would be keeping it inside. Not everyone can win. Is God going to be upset if you pray silently? I don't think so.

It isn't about expecting no one to be offended or annoyed. It is about expecting the praying people to stop to accomodate your annoyance or offense. If their behavior has no impact on you other than the fact that you just don't like it - it causes you NO harm - there should be no expectation that they change to suit you.

The Arab American population has a lower unemployment rate too. I guess the turbans and hijabs are not interfering the way you would like them to.

Please provide the source

The 2000 census.

Timeline
If their behavior has no impact on you other than the fact that you just don't like it - it causes you NO harm

Wow .. my work day just got much better now that I know this works.. Yeah right.. If someone doesn't like it .. it causes harm .. sorry its cut and dry.

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: Timeline

We can't expect everyone to accept everything from everybody. We're humans, we get annoyed by every damn thing. What ever happened to live and let live? God I wish I could stop ppl from annoying me. I get very offended because one of my office mates warms up the most smelly God awful food that stanks up the place but I can't stop her. Everyone bitches about Muslims getting offended by everything...hello pot, you're black!

I think expecting no one, not one person to be offended, annoyed, angry etc. at someone praying out loud in public is asking a bit much.

I know everything thinks they should respect everyone so we shoudl recpect those who want to pray wherever whenever and to those who don't like it well why not respect what they want as well which would be keeping it inside. Not everyone can win. Is God going to be upset if you pray silently? I don't think so.

Timeline
The 2000 census.

I did find information saying that 40% of arab americans are educated and that 34% of the rest of the US is ..

BTW the information I found was for San Fran area only .. unfortunatly the census site sucks!

Edited by vartan

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We can't expect everyone to accept everything from everybody. We're humans, we get annoyed by every damn thing. What ever happened to live and let live? God I wish I could stop ppl from annoying me. I get very offended because one of my office mates warms up the most smelly God awful food that stanks up the place but I can't stop her. Everyone bitches about Muslims getting offended by everything...hello pot, you're black!

This is exactly what I am saying, we can't expect everyone to accept everything, which means that you can't expect that people will not be offended or annoyed by people praying.

Timeline
his is exactly what I am saying, we can't expect everyone to accept everything, which means that you can't expect that people will not be offended or annoyed by people praying.

Correct .. that is how it works.. sorry I know it sucks that you can't do what you want all the time.. but we have to live together.. I dont pray in front of others because I dont want to push it on them.. just as I expect people to not do it around me..

Quick fix.. PRAY BEFORE YOU FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by vartan

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

just because someone is praying within your sight doesn't mean they're pushing it on you...correct me if i'm wrong but i do believe that god respects the person that openly worships him....now..even if a person isn't religious..they understand that point...so tell me..who's the person that's wrong? God or the easily offended passer-by who just happened to walk by or just happened to be sitting next to someone who wants to ask God for help at that particular time???

wanna know what offends me?? People who try to make other ppl offended at something that they weren't offended by in the first place! If you are offended...you're offended...LOOK THE OTHER WAY...they're not forcing anything on you..just "keeping in their own bubble"...

I think you have every right to be offended. IT'S OK, BEEEE OFFENDED. Just like everyone else has the right to do as they want. they don't tell you to not be offended...they just ask that you EITHER respect them and let them be who they are OR just look the other way and leave them alone.... I don't see anything wrong with that.... we don't all have to agree..we don't all have to understand everything about what someone else is doing...but it would be nice if we could just find a peaceful way to respect that everybody is different and has differences in every aspect of their lives compared to each other individual....in a nutshell.....just let ppl live their lives ....(yeah i know..i say that all the time..but i really belive it)

edited to say this next bit...

on the "pray before you fly"... did you ever think that MAYBE just MAYBE someone is offended coz you DIDN'T PRAY before your flight that they were praying for???? ... just a thought..maybe their "quick fix" is pray before landing???

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I'm offended by people who say "Lord willing!", "God willing!", "Inshallah", etc after every damn thing they say. I'm offended at the complete submission to the will/whim of a fictional character that this implies. I'm offended at the lack of control over ones' own life that this implies. I'm offended by people talking loudly, babies crying, people praying, the fact that one has to be bilingual now to work at HP so that we can understand what the hell the peons are saying, since they refuse to learn English. I'm offended by flag-wavers. I'm offended by flag-burners. I'm offended by the existence of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Mormonism, Hindu, Wicca, Scientology, and Methodists. I'm offended by local boosters. I'm offended by slackers. I'm offended by those who willfully buy GM, Chrysler, Ford, Mitsubishi, and Isuzu vehicles. I'm offended by government. I'm offended by anarchy. I'm offended by "things on the head". I'm offended by cowboy hats. I'm offended by baseball caps on sideways. I'm offended by loud rap music. I'm offended by opera. I'm offended by accordians. I'm offended by humidity. I'm offended by humanity.

As such, I would ask that y'all get off of my planet by noon tomorrow. Thank you for your compliance.

Edited by Cian
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
just because someone is praying within your sight doesn't mean they're pushing it on you...correct me if i'm wrong but i do believe that god respects the person that openly worships him....now..even if a person isn't religious..they understand that point...so tell me..who's the person that's wrong? God or the easily offended passer-by who just happened to walk by or just happened to be sitting next to someone who wants to ask God for help at that particular time???

wanna know what offends me?? People who try to make other ppl offended at something that they weren't offended by in the first place! If you are offended...you're offended...LOOK THE OTHER WAY...they're not forcing anything on you..just "keeping in their own bubble"...

I think you have every right to be offended. IT'S OK, BEEEE OFFENDED. Just like everyone else has the right to do as they want. they don't tell you to not be offended...they just ask that you EITHER respect them and let them be who they are OR just look the other way and leave them alone.... I don't see anything wrong with that.... we don't all have to agree..we don't all have to understand everything about what someone else is doing...but it would be nice if we could just find a peaceful way to respect that everybody is different and has differences in every aspect of their lives compared to each other individual....in a nutshell.....just let ppl live their lives ....(yeah i know..i say that all the time..but i really belive it)

edited to say this next bit...

on the "pray before you fly"... did you ever think that MAYBE just MAYBE someone is offended coz you DIDN'T PRAY before your flight that they were praying for???? ... just a thought..maybe their "quick fix" is pray before landing???

right so people can be offended, and to those who aren't offended and who do it themselves: don't be upset about people being offended or not liking something!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
right so people can be offended, and to those who aren't offended and who do it themselves: don't be upset about people being offended or not liking something!

I think most people generally understand this. Right, there's always someone who will be offended by something that you do. The question is, when must we change our behavior to accomodate the feelings of others?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

People who get offended too much! Please find a hobby, get a drink, go to church, or get some prozak! Seriously!

If you don't believe in any kind of God - it's your loss! Maybe, you're too smart for this planet? Or just have nothing better to do but to get offended by everything? Come on, what about tolerance? Everybody's attacking everybody! What for? Everybody's entitled to their own opinion! That's what makes us human! That and some tolerance towards something others believe in while not hurting anybody! If you don't understand something it doesn't mean it's bad!

Some people hate opera. I don't understand golf! So what? I don't watch it!

AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

It's a good thing that we are different - it's normal! You just got caught up in the argument and forgotten that! That's why there's so many flawors of ice cream!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Everyone is free to believe in their own god.

I am free to believe in no god.

My exercising of that right is silent and inconveniences no one.

Those exercising their religion publicly are not allowing me the same courtesy.

(My previous list, however, was partly tongue-in-cheek. Leave it to someone to take it seriously, though. I'd really give y'all until next week, not tomorrow.)

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Everyone is free to believe in their own god.

I am free to believe in no god.

My exercising of that right is silent and inconveniences no one.

Those exercising their religion publicly are not allowing me the same courtesy.

(My previous list, however, was partly tongue-in-cheek. Leave it to someone to take it seriously, though. I'd really give y'all until next week, not tomorrow.)

Everyone is free to believe or not to believe. You do what you want to do with your life. As simple as that. I was a non-believer for so long that i decided to start something new. I'm the only one in my family who believes in something now. But i was tought to repsect people and if they NEED to pray in public (they really do, they're supposed to) - it's their choice! I was half laughing through reading all five pages of this myself.

And i see where you're coming from. But I also really respect people who are openely praying and wearing what they are supposed to wear considering how much ####### they have to take from others on a daily basis!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.