Flying while arab/muslim

438 posts in this topic

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
You could both show up wearing bib overalls and bill caps???

I just bought me a pair of bib overalls last night, .....now I 'm SCARED....! :o:help:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Naw, you know me, the old throw back from the 60's??? I still cant part with those platform shoes, but I did upgrade to hootchie mamma skirts.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

G' Morning Ladies!

You guys are making me hungry talking about Cedarland, al Ameers, ma'mouls, etc. :D

We definitely have to go out sometime....either before or after Miss Henia gets hitched :luv:

Y'all are cracking me up with your pics!!! LOL!! I miss all the good stuff at night...damn it for not having net at home!!!

PS..Sorry Captain, I promise to play nicer in the future ;)

Have a good one..Happy Friday!!!!! :dance::dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got on the bus this morning to go to work. Sitting in the back was a man reading the Quran and wearing a "thing on his head." He was wispering the Quran to himself, but since i was sitting in front of him I could hear him nice and clear. I must say it was nice to hear him reading. I don't think people were uncomfortable with it because a lot of them sat around us when there was pleanty of space elsewhere. SO that was nice this morning!

Henia- When I was scrolling down on the page with the orangatang, I think, It came on the screen and I burst out laughing in the middle of work! All the Pics are so cute!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am flying out next month with the Hijab on. Will say if they give me a trouble...

well dont wear one then.........problem solved.

No you see, I will keep my Hijab on even if it cost me my life. Don't wear one, how dare. Learn some respect.

It have been said in this thread that there is no Anti Islamic view on VJ. whoever actually thinks that, What world do you live in. I have read plenty of that ####### on here.

Filed: Timeline

I think many people don't realize the quran is supposed to be read aloud as is prayer. That might be part of the problem with people being offended by it. Muslims aren't trying to force their religion on anyone. They are doing what they are supposed to do.

As far as the "don't wear one" comment, it has taken me a lot not to respond to it, and I don't wear one. However I think the person making the comment doesn't understand the significance of it. It's a symbol and much more then just a "thing on the head".

I may wear hijab one day. I have to be sure I am truly commited to it in my heart before I do it. I don't want to be a hypocrit. I spoke with a scholar from Cairo university about this. He said I am not "bad" because I don't wear it as long as I don't flaunt myself publically. Well... "flaunting" is definitely not my style. Again, although I know it galls a few on this board, I will say it's all about your intention.

Largest Muslim Populations in the World

Rank Country Muslim Population

1 Indonesia 182,570,000

2 Pakistan 134,480,000

3 India 121,000,000

4 Bangladesh 114,080,000

5 Turkey 65,510,000

6 Iran 62,430,000

7 Egypt 58,630,000

8 Nigeria 53,000,000

9 Algeria 30,530,000

10 Morocco 28,780,000

hmm... ??? the first arab country with muslim populations doesn't even start until #7.

just out of curiosity...where is Jordan on the list?? (you may have answered but I haven't been here in a while and there are like 20 pages to read...so I figured I'd just ask) hehe

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

And guess what ,these ppl did NOT have a problem with me or my son until )9/11 and we put out the American Flag (do that each and every year since 9/11 and always get yelled at and called all names in the book) and it started since then it was obvious to them that we are the "enemy".

I know lots of ppl have a problem with seeing an Amrican Soldier.But that is bc they do not undersatnd that a soldier gets orders and has to follow them.My man has not asked to go down to Iraq,he had orders to go.

Nat

ok ok... If I was in Germany...and wanted to wave an American flag, I would 100% expect ppl to be completely nasty to me!! We don't wave a Jordanian flag in my home because we don't want that trouble here... (just my thought on that part)

on the note of "i know ppl have a problem with seeing an american soldier etc...." Do you not understand that ALL SOLDIERS get orders and have to follow them? Arab, American, German, Moroccan, Egyptian, Australian, Brittish (need I go on???)

I'm not saying this in a negative way to you...I just wanted to re-word it and hopefully it will strike a positive note to you and help you to see things in a different light :yes: All soldiers just do what they are told...yeah it so happened that 9/11 was Muslim...but it could be any person on any day in any situation.... We could go to wal-mart tomorrow and be blown to bits because there was another Timothy Mcvey (or however you spell it).............I hope this didn't ruffle feathers coz it was not my intention

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.