UmmSqueakster

Flying while arab/muslim

438 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
When one claims hatred for every little thing, people stop paying attention after a while..... That whole "I'm so persecuted!!!!11" thing.

Yes, people stop paying attention when they are not the ones being hated. I really don't have sympathy for people who are tired of hearing that there exists hatred towards Muslims. And what seems a "little thing" to you, can be a very big deal to the person who's actually experiencing it.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't deny that there IS hatred toward Muslims. I was just saying that I haven't really seen any here at VJ. Just some excessive paranoia.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't deny that there IS hatred toward Muslims. I was just saying that I haven't really seen any here at VJ. Just some excessive paranoia.

I agree with you to a point. While "I am afraid when a guy with a thing on his head gets on my place" is just excessive paranoia, I think that suggesting that all Muslims travel on separate airlines crosses a line.

Ok, I'll agree with you on that one. That WAS too much.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Do you think that in at least some of the cases it isn't only fear motivating the paranoia? When people say they don't want any Muslims on planes or to live in a part of the country with any Muslims, can this be written off to just fear? Given the context of this persons posts and plenty of other racial identifiers that fill their posts, do you think it is at least *possible* there is more going on?

I have seen at least one person on VJ come out and directly say that they "hate Islam".

We have other VJ members who post articles every single day that portray Muslims in a negative light. I am not arguing the merit of those articles, but I am wondering if you think that is done in "fear". What would people think if I dug up articles that portrayed African Americans in a negative light on a daily basis. Could I write that off to fear?

Edited by Bosco

Do you think that in at least some of the cases it isn't only fear motivating the paranoia? When people say they don't want any Muslims on planes or to live in a part of the country with any Muslims, can this be written off to just fear? Given the context of this persons posts and plenty of other racial identifiers that fill their posts, do you think it is at least *possible* there is more going on?

I have seen at least one person on VJ come out and directly say that they "hate Islam".

We have other VJ members who post articles every single day that portray Muslims in a negative light. I am not arguing the merit of those articles, but I am wondering if you think that is done in "fear". What would people think if I dug up articles that portrayed African Americans in a negative light on a daily basis. Could I write that off to fear?

Points taken. I tend to forget about R---- most of the time. I'd say he has a serious hatred going on.

I still don't know about the other one though. I don't feel comfortable making that judgement. It *Could* be just extreme paranoia/fear. Could be more, too.

Edited by Cian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
You say your close to Dearborn? We should arrange to meet there sometime :)

haha we gotta hang out mrs z

yup!... I'm bordering dearborn heights... at least for right now.. am moving back to belleville september 1st.

dangit.. I just got reminded of shatilas, al ameer, masri bakery and cedarland...darn darn darn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Mmmmmm Cedarland..yumm! My favorite bakery is Yaseen's. Good stuff :)

We should meet up there sometime before you move.

ok!

I like Yasmeens baked goods like their individual cakes and what not, but I don't really care for their baklawa... I like baklawa from Masri or Shatila betta!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.