UmmSqueakster

Flying while arab/muslim

438 posts in this topic

The moral: don't make racist comments if you don't want to be labeled a racist.

And be careful for that guy who is wearing that "thing" on his head..

shithead.jpg

That seriously looks like a picture of my ex-husband when he was in college.

Minus the poo.

The poo didn't appear until after we were married.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Recent article posted in a Irish paper...

MUSLIM PILOT REVEALS SHOCK AT BEING ORDERED OFF FLIGHT -

Arifa Akbar, Belfast Telegraph, 8/22/06

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/sto...sp?story=703452

A British Muslim airline pilot yesterday described the "humiliating" moment when he was hauled off a transatlantic flight just before take-off.

Amar Ashraf, 28, who was born in Wrexham, North Wales, said he felt "demoralised and humiliated" after being told to leave the flight from Manchester to Newark by a stewardess, and then being questioned by armed police. He believes his removal was down to having a "Muslim-sounding name".

Mr Ashraf, 28, a British Pakistani who was returning to his job as a pilot for one of Continental's partner airlines in the US, will lodge a formal complaint with Continental Airlines, with whom he was travelling, as well as with the US authorities.

His complaint follows growing concern among British Muslims over incidents in which Asian people have been removed from flights, as well as anger over the "passenger mutiny" in which two men were ordered off a plane bound for Manchester. Passengers became concerned by the two, who were said to be speaking Arabic and looked of Asian or Middle Eastern appearance.

Mr Ashraf said: "I was a standby passenger and I'd been told I could travel at 9am that morning. I'd gone through the same stringent security as every other passenger. I was patted down twice and my hand luggage was checked."

He added: "I'd got my boarding pass and got on the plane on business class. The aircraft's doors had closed and it got pushed back from the gates. Then we sat away from the gates for an hour. I must have fallen asleep because I was woken up by a Continental employee who wanted to have a word with me.

"I got out of my seat and noticed the aircraft door was open and the stairs had been moved back to the door. The stewardess told me there were no standby employees allowed to fly that day, but I was sure there were other standby passengers on board the plane. I was demoralised and I had to walk down the stairs, which was really humiliating."

He was then approached by two armed police officers who interrogated him. Mr Ashraf said the officers asked him if he knew why the US government wanted him off the flight. He was forced to go back to his family home in Wales and paid £800 for an alternative Virgin flight two days later.

He is convinced that his racial profile prevented him from flying on 10 August, the first day of the heightened security alert at British airports.

Oh man. Just when I thought we were winding down for the night.... :P

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

Does this sound familiar? LOL

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.

And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.

Please. Don't make us go back to Caesar. Pleeeeezzzzzz....

** runs wildly into the night **

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

All right I will be good... I am just laughing now at these posts... at the poo posts...LOL ...Donnot mean to cause drama... Actualy just want some laughs and post boost. :lol:

Alright a round of mint tea for everyone..

No sugar in mine, thanks. Straight up for me.

Post boost... don't let the Capt catch wind of that... you'll be banned... and then what would we do???

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Its called profiling. Thats the way it is in airports, especially when there are religious nuts out there that would have no problems killing everyone on board including themselves.

Dont like it?? walk!!

If I've passed through all the security checks, they've looked under my head thing, taken off my shoes, patted me down, dug through my backpack and purse, and taken away my hand lotion, then what's the need to keep me off the plane because my shirt has arabic or because I wear a head thing?

I'm reminded of a shirt I wore frequently in my college days. It's pictured below circled in pink On the back, it says FUNdamentalist. I think I'm going to have to dig through my husband's stuff and comendeer it back for awhile.

Its because ppl dont want with ppl wearing head thingies and chanting in some language...its not something you do on an airplane. Airplanes are for getting from point A to point B safely. Wanna chant, pray, kneel, bow, etc. do it at home or in some church...its not something we do in public and especially on airplanes.

Dont like it...sue em!!!

drive, walk, take a banana boat, ride a donkey, rtc....I dont care

Its because bigots dont want with ppl wearing head thingies and chanting in some language...its not something you do on an airplane. Airplanes are for getting from point A to point B safely. Wanna chant, pray, kneel, bow, etc. do it at home or in some church...its not something we do in public and especially on airplanes.

bigots....hahaha..thats funny...not me

look up the meaning of assimilate please......I could care less what religion you belong to....just keep it private and do it in your home, church, synagogue, mosque, wherever,,,,but not on the airplane that Im on.

dont wanna be a part of our society, then Im sure that some other place would suit you better.

Like maybe......Your planet???

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Desert Fox and Vartan I completley agree with you!!!!!

And here's MY opinion:

If all those ppl that are engaged to Muslims have SUCH a big problem with the way America has turned out to be after 9/11 (and let's not forget that the hijackers WERE indeed Muslim AND prayed to their Allah aloud just before they killed THOUSANDS of INNOCENT ppl IN AMERICA) then they should just move to the country of their better half.

I will be flying to the USA next months and I AM scared.I'm very sorry (honestly) that nower days ALL Muslims are looked at as terrorists as I am sure only a small percentage of Muslims IS involved in terrorism,but that's America (and a good part of the rest of the Western world as well) after 9/11.

If we should happen to have someone who looks suspicous on board our aircarft and that person on top of that wears a shirt with Arabic script AND prays-I WILL HAVE THEM REMOVE THAT PERSON .

There would be a very simple solution for all this though,well at least as far as flying goes-

an Arabic airline,that flies Muslims only.Or an airline that flies non Arabic/Middle Easterners/Muslims only.

That way neither could or would be offended by the other and everyone could enjoy a safe trip!!!

Unfrtunatley "innocent" Muslims and Arabs,Middle Easterners and ppl that just happen to "look suspicous" are the "victims" of what their brothers did on 9/11.But this is the world we live in.

My soon to be husband and me just had a conversation about that tonight when we talked about where we'd settle down in the USA.And I have told him I don't want to be anywhere near Muslims bc I'm SCARED of them.NOT because I believe they're stupid,evil,ugly -whatever,but bc I'm SCARED.

Before 9/11 I wasn't,now I am,and I know A LOT of ppl feel that way since 9/11.

Of course Muslims and there loved ones have to suffer from that,but hey me being born in Germany-trust me I know what it means to suffer for something you actually didn't have ANYTHING to do with.I was born in 1975,my parents were born in 1940,so hey my family didn't have anything to do with the killing of the Jews,yet my parents were looked at in a strange way bc they were German............I have a very close friend who is Jewish and she STILL looks at old Geramn ppl as if each and every one of them was a Jew Killer.She was born in 1954,after the Hollcaust but has lost many family members in Concentration Camps in Germany...so you see it will go on for Generations.

And hey lets face it,Muslim ppl do love to provoke Americans.

There is this Muslim "Comedian" in NYC who actually makes JOKES about 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This piece of ****(find your own words) is standing on stage making JOKES about the victims!!!! I myself have seen it on TV just a few days ago and by God I was hell raising mad.If I ever get a hold of that guy he will have to listen to me and he will not like my opinion one bit.In my eyes someone like that should be given a one way ticket back to the Muslim Country he came from .

AMERICA-LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Nat

America was founded by immigrants. Its doors have always been open to all nations. Including those you are so cowardly towards. Perhaps you should stay where you are and YOUR SO fly to you if you are so afraid. There are muslims here. I am a muslim. You'd never know it if I were sitting next to you on a bus. And guess what. I could give a rat's ### who you are OR where you're from or what your religion is or anything else about you. Again you are confusing Arab zealots with MUSLIMS. There is a big difference, sister. These days I am worn down by the type of idiotic drool you just spouted in this post, you CNN propoganda-munching zombie. You realize from all the crud you just said, you are exemplifying how YOU are exactly that which you project onto the much dreaded "THEM". Ick.

... and your little dog too.

The way people act, you half expect to see all muslims creeping around like Elmer Fudd... "shhhhh be vewy vewy quiet... I'm hunting evil westerners." Retarded. Just plain retarded.

(I'm really sick of people and not much in the mood to be "nice" anymore.)

I also dont' care what you think about what I said. So knock yourself out.

I could'nt agree with you more. Amen AND Ameen !!

You know,I really don't care if you think it's funny stupid or whatever.

Fact is that ppl are scared when they see Muslim looking ppl on their aircraft,if that would not be the case then ppl wouldn't be looked at as if they would be wanting to do something to that airplane.

Ppl are SCARED,not intolerant (well at least most are simply scared and nothing but that).They don't have the intension to make an Arab/Muslim/Middle Easterner feel stupid,hurt or anything when they act "funny" as soon as they see a person like that board their plane.They are SCARED.Scared to die like thousands did damn near exactly 5 years ago.

Do you ppl not understand that??????

And what I said about the simple solution :

think about it,that way Muslims wouldn't be looked at stupid anymore ,wouldn't be treated like ####### anymore when they simply want to travel with no bad intensions and the rest of us all who ARE scared could also travel without having to feel scared.

Lets face it ppl,if the hijackers would have been Chinese ppl would be afraid of Chinese now,not of Muslims= Arab looking ppl.

Personally I don't acre about your religion,race,gender.,sexual preferences or anything.You treat me and my loved ones with respect and I will do the same to you and your loved ones.

But yes I AM scared and unfortunatley I do worry each and everytime I see an Arab whether he has or does not have something to do with Terrorism.

The Hijackers were co called "Sleepers".the had perfectly normal lifes,went to college,had American friends,were looked at as nice and freindly ppl,UNTIL they were called to duty-and that led to 9/11.

Do you all NOW understand WHYppl are scared????? It doesn't have anything to do with Intolerance,but with fear.

Nat

You think people are scared of Injuns, too????? That would be REALLY SCARY.........

The First Nations people were here first. Should we make em go back over the Berring Straight, say, maybe charge em a buck a head???

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline
You think people are scared of Injuns, too????? That would be REALLY SCARY.........

The First Nations people were here first. Should we make em go back over the Berring Straight, say, maybe charge em a buck a head???

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! You'll give them ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Timeline

[/quote

I think I am scared of myself now.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

[/quote

I think I am scared of myself now.

Me too. I am cowering under my desk because I remembered I'm muslim and might do something creepy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.