Flying while arab/muslim

438 posts in this topic

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
What's the point in wasting energy worrying and being afraid of something that you have absolutely no control over anyway? Trust me, it's taken a long time for me to be able to say that, but when you can embrace that, and rely on your faith (whatever that may be), you should derive some sense of peace... if not, perhaps your faith is misplaced...

;)

I know what you mean... I have been scared of butterflies for over 10 years and am still waiting to get over that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

What's the point in wasting energy worrying and being afraid of something that you have absolutely no control over anyway? Trust me, it's taken a long time for me to be able to say that, but when you can embrace that, and rely on your faith (whatever that may be), you should derive some sense of peace... if not, perhaps your faith is misplaced...

;)

I know what you mean... I have been scared of butterflies for over 10 years and am still waiting to get over that.

That reminds me of the woman on dr phil who had a styrofoam phobia.

Timeline

;)

I believe you are referring to styrophobia.

Timeline

;)

I believe you are referring to styrophobia.

haha.. it's good to get a fun diversion while natasha is down there plucking away racist garbage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

China is home to a large population of adherents of Islam. Sources, including the BBC, suggest that there may be anywhere from 20 million to 100 million Muslims in China.

untitled.jpg

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I will move to the USA bc the man I love lives there,home is where the heart is.......

Secondly,I live in a part of Germany where we have LOTS of Muslims (from several countries),my man would not be safe here as they have made sure to let us know.Also my son whos 5 years old has been beat up by two Mulism boys bc he's American and we happen to put out the Star Spanngled Banner on September 11th.

They (some of my Muslim neighbors) have tried to mess with my man's car when he was stationed here and came to my house,he wore the BDU and they started calling him names..........

I'm being called "The American ***re",nice ain't it? Now tell me about intolerance!!!!!

And ALL of this started after 9/11.

I went to school with Muslims,some of my best friends were Muslims,but I DARE to love an American on top of that a man who served in the US Military......

Don't tell me about hatured,I feel it EVERY DAY.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Timeline
China is home to a large population of adherents of Islam. Sources, including the BBC, suggest that there may be anywhere from 20 million to 100 million Muslims in China.

untitled.jpg

Theres a bunch of them in Algeria too! Hehe... my brother in law works for a guy named "Mousa Xiyang"

;)

They ARE evil little creatures. So sneaky. Can't hear 'em coming.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline
I will move to the USA bc the man I love lives there,home is where the heart is.......

Secondly,I live in a part of Germany where we have LOTS of Muslims (from several countries),my man would not be safe here as they have made sure to let us know.Also my son whos 5 years old has been beat up by two Mulism boys bc he's American and we happen to put out the Star Spanngled Banner on September 11th.

They (some of my Muslim neighbors) have tried to mess with my man's car when he was stationed here and came to my house,he wore the BDU and they started calling him names..........

I'm being called "The American ***re",nice ain't it? Now tell me about intolerance!!!!!

And ALL of this started after 9/11.

I went to school with Muslims,some of my best friends were Muslims,but I DARE to love an American on top of that a man who served in the US Military......

Don't tell me about hatured,I feel it EVERY DAY.

Nat

So the actions of some fundamentalist fouktards and a handfull of them in your neighborhood allows you to pass judgement on such a huge group of people? Not a good enough justification in my book.

Edited by iceyspots

haha.. it's good to get a fun diversion while natasha is down there plucking away racist garbage.

Somehow, I don't think we'll be successful in hijacking this one....

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline

Can you be afraid of a whole race or religion because of an incident that involved a few people out of all the millions of muslims and arabs?

Yikes!

Lady you need to open up your eyes and take off your goggles.

You know I got hit in my car by an old person, but I don't hate all old people, and I am not scared of them!

What you are saying is so rediculous unfortunately I think you are beyond the point of coming back into reality, and I am so sorry for you. You can just live in your little bubble and be scared all the time that sounds like a fun life!

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: Timeline
I think what has happened since 9/11 is that people are no longer embarassed to hide their bigotry. The proudly display it and try to excuse it away by referring to 9/11. 9/11 didn't create you. I am pretty sure you were this way long before 9/11.

I only want to address this, because it's the only one I really have comment on.

9/11 DID create a lot of "us". I never gave someone being muslim a second thought until after then. I have no religious prejudice against Muslims, so you can't argue that. I just never really thought about it until post-9/11. Since then? Yes, I tend to be a little suspicious. Fear is our defense mechanism. Fear heightens our senses, and makes us ready for danger. That's physiology - you can't change that. If a snake bites you once, you will be suspicious of snakes. If you put your hand on a hot stove, you will avoid doing it again. It's really no different. Allow enough time for the memory of the "hurt" to go away, and things will go back to normal.

Just remember....they're called "Terrorists" for a reason.....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.