Seahawks21

Visa delayed because we didn't have Cenomar at interview

52 posts in this topic

Yes this helps very much. Thanks you sir!!!:thumbs: And by the way thanks for the advice on not traveling yet to the Philippines,,the wife read your post and agreed that I not travel untill we receive a date for the interview. Nice to have good folks as yourself traveling along on this journey!

Just an FYI, the stamp you get goes on her visa once she gets it. If she takes the seminar before she gets the visa, she has to return to get the stamp placed on her visa (make sure to bring the receipt). If she waits until after she gets the visa, they will stamp it the day she attends. When you leave the country be sure to take the receipt for the seminar with you as well I heard of one filipina being hassled even though she hadthe stamp because she didn't have the receipt. It's BS but it always pays to be prepared in the philippines. Always take EVERYTHING with you when it comes to this visa game and government officials.

Also i have heard at the seminar if it's the one run by the nuns they tell them a bunch of horror stories about being abused and treated like slaves so tell her not to freak out if they do :)

Edited by BigJohn

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

hi seahawks21 i am quite concern on how was your case was going on? did your wife got her visa already? any updates? i

myself too is currenty dealing with this cenomar delay. Please update us.........

DOnt know Seahawks21 story but My wife didnt have here NSO Certificate of Marriage when she interviewed on Nov 3rd. She did get a copy to the Embassy on Nov 5th. I emails the Embassy asking them whats up and got a yes we got it but no further info other than giving me a phone number to a call center. I called then (cost $18) and all they told me was wait 6-8 weeks. Well its Dec 9 now and my wife and I haven't heard anything. I call my Senators office here on Dec 3rd and ask them for assistance . They informed me that our package would have gone on the bottom of the stack once the Embassy had all our documents then I would need to wait my turn. Which means all the other packages coming from NVC etc that came before Nov 5th would go before me. I ask what would happen if they found more ####### I was missing. Would I got to the bottom of the stack again and then again. Do they have any obligation to tell me all the things that are missing at one time. She got the message but said all she can do for me is to inquire. I will be calling tomorrow and see what's up.

My question is has anyone here gone through this and if so how long does it take once they have the NSO in their hands to issue a VISA. I am hoping my wife will get to US by Christmas but its not looking good.

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

My wife had her interview today, but didn't get her Visa because she didn't have the Cenomar from NSO (probably my fault). She went to the NSO immediately, and they told her that her Cenomar will be released on Nov 15, then the Visa will be mailed to her. Has anybody else gone through this? How long will we have to wait until she gets her Visa? Are we talking about waiting for a few more months, or only a few days? Ohhhhhhhhhh, what a day. Thanks as always.

Hi i have the same issue with embassy. they told me they will send my visa right after they recieve my CENOMAR. does your wife already recieved her visa? how long does she have to wait for her visa to arrive? would be glad to hear an update from u. thanks

Wow Vj members glad I am came accross this thread....So if my wife has the NSO marriage cert. (the green one) it's a done deal and there is nothing else she needs to do concerning this subject right??:unsure:

I gave them the NSO marriage cert. ( green one) before the interview. on the day of my interview (DEC.7) i was asked for the NSO marriage cert. again luckily i happen to have extra copies printed on NSo security paper ( green one) so gave them another copy. but still they asked me for a CEMAR.. i have 2 kids from previous relationship and was never married to their father but my kids bare his last name because he acknowledge them. the consul keeps on asking if im married to my kids father i told him, no.. after the interview he let me go to window y and the guy at window y told me that we will request for a CENOMAR. he asked for my maiden name and my parents name, place of birth and birthday then he printed out and gave it to me..its a reverification form i have to show at NSO pasay to request for CENOMAR. now im waiting for embassy to recieve my CENOMAR so i can call and ask them when i'll be able to recieve my visa.. the guy at window Y told me they will send my visa once they recieve my CENOMAR and find out there is no problem in it.

IF your wife happens to have kids from previous relationship. then i strongly suggest she secure a CENOMAR before the interview to avoid further delays on her visa.

DOnt know Seahawks21 story but My wife didnt have here NSO Certificate of Marriage when she interviewed on Nov 3rd. She did get a copy to the Embassy on Nov 5th. I emails the Embassy asking them whats up and got a yes we got it but no further info other than giving me a phone number to a call center. I called then (cost $18) and all they told me was wait 6-8 weeks. Well its Dec 9 now and my wife and I haven't heard anything. I call my Senators office here on Dec 3rd and ask them for assistance . They informed me that our package would have gone on the bottom of the stack once the Embassy had all our documents then I would need to wait my turn. Which means all the other packages coming from NVC etc that came before Nov 5th would go before me. I ask what would happen if they found more ####### I was missing. Would I got to the bottom of the stack again and then again. Do they have any obligation to tell me all the things that are missing at one time. She got the message but said all she can do for me is to inquire. I will be calling tomorrow and see what's up.

My question is has anyone here gone through this and if so how long does it take once they have the NSO in their hands to issue a VISA. I am hoping my wife will get to US by Christmas but its not looking good.

The will send the visa by way of Air21 as soon as they get the document in their hands. I went through the same delay. I've been telling everyone. CENOMAR CENMAR have all when going to the interview or it will cause a delay.

Sent ----- March 2, 2010

NOA1 ----- March 11 2010

NOA2 ----- July 14, 2010 Yahoooooo!!! Sige na, lets GO na.

125 days I-130 approval

Got NVC Number on----------- July 23, 2010

Got email of ds3032/AOS bill---- July 29, 2010

Paid AOS bill ---------------- July 29, 2010

PAID IV BILL -----------------Aug 13, 2010

Rec Instructions --------------Aug 16, 2010

Mailed DS-230 ---------------Aug 16, 2010

NVC case completed -----------Sept 1

NVC sent to Embassy ----------Sept 1

Embassy Received petition ------ Sept 8 2010

Passed the Medical Exam --------Sept 29, 2010

Interview ---------------------October 20, 2010

Approved

MY WIFE IS HOME NA! It's like living a dream everyday.

The will send the visa by way of Air21 as soon as they get the document in their hands. I went through the same delay. I've been telling everyone. CENOMAR CENMAR have all when going to the interview or it will cause a delay.

Hey Vince how are you? Glad that your together now and can share Christmas Holidays together. Yes my wife had what she needed but then she applied for her new Passport. When she did she gave them the NSO copy and didn't get it renewed for her Embassy Interview. :bonk: Cant fix that now. Yes I know Air21 is the courier who delivers the packages to their home in PI. The Embassy has had all our documents since Nov 5th and still nothing from Air21. So tell me how long did it take for them to send you yours after they got your documents. The Embassy has had our records for 5 weeks now but still no word.

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.