Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Today is Wednesday - I believe laurel Scott's free immigration q and a session is back today.

Has anybody any intention of asking her about the current status of play regarding the transfers at TSC?

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Guys - I just spoke with a Tier 2 Officer and she did confirm that my application is still under review and had never left the TSC service center. She admitted that the post decision activity email and letters were sent in error. When I pointed out to her that one of the conditions to expedite a case is USCIS error, she filed a request to expedite my case. She said they will get back to me in 5 days. Not sure it will work but its worth a try.

What do you guys think?

Service Center : California Service Center

Marriage (if applicable): 07-16-2010

I-130 Sent : 08-26-2010

I-130 NOA1 : 08-31-2010

Transferred to Texas: 11-02-2010

Transferred back to California: 02-10-2011

I-130 NOA2: 02-11-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys - I just spoke with a Tier 2 Officer and she did confirm that my application is still under review and had never left the TSC service center. She admitted that the post decision activity email and letters were sent in error. When I pointed out to her that one of the conditions to expedite a case is USCIS error, she filed a request to expedite my case. She said they will get back to me in 5 days. Not sure it will work but its worth a try.

What do you guys think?

What the hell are they reviewing? They treat us like criminals, even worse because criminals are usually informed about the progress of their cases. They transferred our cases to speed up the process, what a joke...

What the hell are they reviewing? They treat us like criminals, even worse because criminals are usually informed about the progress of their cases. They transferred our cases to speed up the process, what a joke...

I am REALLY curious as to whether ANYONE has got ANY paperwork up to NVC from TSC. I don't think they have approved a single case correctly, and we were all transferred on the 2nd November. I think it is our right to know what is going on there. US citizens have paid good money for the applications - this is not a charity. USCIS have part of their wages paid by customers, and, as with any consumer service, at least have the right to know exactly where they stand.

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Timeline

I am REALLY curious as to whether ANYONE has got ANY paperwork up to NVC from TSC. I don't think they have approved a single case correctly, and we were all transferred on the 2nd November. I think it is our right to know what is going on there. US citizens have paid good money for the applications - this is not a charity. USCIS have part of their wages paid by customers, and, as with any consumer service, at least have the right to know exactly where they stand.

You are absolutely right, they are supposed to contact us AT LEAST...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

I am a new one here and just wanted to add myself on the unfortunate list of from CSC to TSC list. My NO1 was July 8th.

Got that bogus e-mail and hard copy about the transfer in Nov.....This is THE SECOND time my husband is petioning an I-130 for me as I moved back home when I thought our marriage was not going to work and went to the consulate and returned my green card.

We never divorced or even formally seperated so it's been a frustrating journey as we've been married for four yrs now. We cannot claim hardship because of me being from a country where health care, sosial security, education etc. is top notch.

Very depressed so I'm happy to read other peoples stories as it gives me some solice.

I hope we all get some good news soon.

Keep your spirits up although it's tough, I know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

another day without approvals...wow. 6 months and 2 days here, Im just going to stop counting now. Im completely frustrated with this whole process and how they are treating us.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

I am a new one here and just wanted to add myself on the unfortunate list of from CSC to TSC list. My NO1 was July 8th.

Got that bogus e-mail and hard copy about the transfer in Nov.....This is THE SECOND time my husband is petioning an I-130 for me as I moved back home when I thought our marriage was not going to work and went to the consulate and returned my green card.

We never divorced or even formally seperated so it's been a frustrating journey as we've been married for four yrs now. We cannot claim hardship because of me being from a country where health care, sosial security, education etc. is top notch.

Very depressed so I'm happy to read other peoples stories as it gives me some solice.

I hope we all get some good news soon.

Keep your spirits up although it's tough, I know.

Welcome Saaga, happy new year to you too! Sorry to hear about your circumstance- if anything, as you say you can at least take solace in knowing that you're not facing this hardship alone. I consider all the folks on this forum- irrespective of their opinions- as friends, and I hope you will as well. For me, none of my non-cyber friends have gone through this visa process, therefore none of them would be able to even begin to fathom the cause of our sentiments as the people on this forum, who are going through the exact same thing.

Cheers :thumbs:

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Timeline

All valid points in my opinion- someone tried conveying a very mild version of these feelings to a USCIS officer who pretty much hung up the phone on them :no:

USCIS - 203 days

NVC

Timeline

I received a letter via snail mail that basically states the following:

On 12/13/2010 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case.

This much is true.

Then it reads:

The status of this service request is:

Normally, in the English language, the above phrase ending with a colon would indicate that the status of my service request ought be listed following the colon. Instead there's simply a blank space.

After the blank, the letter continues to read:

Please contact the Department of State, Visa Center.... or call the consulate where the interview was held.

I'm really baffled at this point.

Interview??? Umm... how about an approval first??? Neither does the letter tell me what the service request status is, nor does it give me any other meaningful information. Of course out of curiosity I called the D.O.S. and they had no clue what the letter was talking about, which of course makes sense, since the USCIS had apparently never sent my paperwork out of Texas.

Unbelievable.

Really, it makes me so very sad to see how not only mine, but our collective paperwork is being managed.

I spoke with an Officer at the USCIS who told me she'd call the Texas Service Center and get the skinny on my paperwork. She said she'd call me when she had something- we'll see if this holds true.

Again- unbelievable. :no:

So much to my expectations, I did not receive any phone call regarding the status of my case. Against my better judgment, I phoned the USCIS, and my call got escalated to an Officer.

After having explained my situation to him, here's basically how the conversation went:

Officer: Your application is at the Dept. of State.

Me: Really? No, I'm not sure that that is the case.

Officer: Yes, your application is at the Dept. of State.

Me: That's not what the last two officers at the USCIS told me.

Officer: They were wrong. Your application is at the Dept. of State sir.

Me: I just called the Dept. of State though, they have no record of me or my file- if the USCIS had in reality sent my application to them in November, I ought to be in the system by now.

Officer: My computer is telling me that your application is at the Dept. of State.

Me: With all due respect Officer, are you sure? Come to think of it, the last three USCIS officers had somehow verified that my application had never left the TSC, that the letter you are referring to was in fact sent to me in error.

Officer: Sir, you are wasting time- as I said, your application is at the Dept. of State. Just like your service request letter states.

Me: WHAT? That is NOT what the letter states- the letter actually doesn't state ANYTHING useful, just two blank lines! (refer to above, original post)

USCIS: Sorry sir, but according to my computer and the letter we sent you, your application is at the Dept. of State.

Me: But Officer, I am holding my letter, I am clearly proficient in English, I know what I am reading, and am NOT reading what you are telling me the letter states.

Officer: You will just have to wait. I am sorry but we cannot continue this conversation because you are not listening to me.

Me: I don't mean any disrespect Officer, of course I am listening to you, I am just trying my level best to understand what's going on.

Officer: As I said, your application is at the Dept. of State.

Me: Umm, ok, when should I call back to inquire again?

Officer: That is up to you sir.

Me: And there's nothing else you can do to further assist me?

Officer: No.

Me: Thanks so much for your patience and your time Officer, good bye.

Officer: [No reply]

Me: :blink:

Edited by celldoc

USCIS - 203 days

NVC

So much to my expectations, I did not receive any phone call regarding the status of my case. Against my better judgment, I phoned the USCIS, and my call got escalated to an Officer.

After having explained my situation to him, here's basically how the conversation went:

Me: I just called the Dept. of State though, they have no record of me or my file- if the USCIS had in reality sent my application to them in November, I ought to be in the system by now.

Officer: My computer is telling me that your application is at the Dept. of State.

Me: With all due respect Officer, are you sure? Come to think of it, the last three USCIS officers had somehow verified that my application had never left the TSC, that the letter you are referring to was in fact sent to me in error.

Officer: Sir, you are wasting time- as I said, your application is at the Dept. of State. Just like your service request letter states.

Me: WHAT? That is NOT what the letter states- the letter actually doesn't state ANYTHING useful, just two blank lines! (refer to above, original post)

USCIS: Sorry sir, but according to my computer and the letter we sent you, your application is at the Dept. of State.

Me: But Officer, I am holding my letter, I am clearly proficient in English, I know what I am reading, and am NOT reading what you are telling me the letter states.

Officer: You will just have to wait. I am sorry but we cannot continue this conversation because you are not listening to me.

Me: I don't mean any disrespect Officer, of course I am listening to you, I am just trying my level best to understand what's going on.

Sorry, but im laughing at your post. The guy sounded like a robot. And we wonder why this country is in trouble.

Timeline

Mr. Officer and his friend Computer - what a tragic symbiosis! And that's Mr. Officer's supervisor on top :bonk:

Our immigration computer system is probably a huge 1975 machine run by monkey's chasing banana's. A good friend of mine from the UK tried coming here with a Visitor's pass and was denied at the gate because our brilliant computer said his Passport wasn't issued in Singapore, Where in fact he renewed it at the High Commission there. A HIGH COMMISSION! Our ridiculous computers don't understand that. So he had to Renew it yet again in the UK at the same type of building...I don't trust our government computers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am in the same boat as all July/August filers. I have been reading everyones comments re the transfers. The thing is if another six months passes and nothing happens, what should we do?

Who can we take our grievances to if no approval comes? Are we all just knocking our heads at a closed door? Is anyone at USCIS going to try and tackle this mess that we never created? Should we start over since everyone after August seems to be getting through?This is an enigma I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. The fact that we cant get an honest answer is not only disheartening but a disgrace. My patience regarding this process is gone.sad.gifsad.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.